Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New JC field pics!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
thats a good lookin' field...
No doubt about it looks great, long over due because of all the drainage probs they've had in the past. Are they going to put anything in the middle of the field or endzones? I'm assuming those yellow lines of carpet are for the soccer field.
It would be cool to see a big JC or an eagle in the middle of the field...
Looks good so far, but why so far away from the bleachers, how many lanes is the track gonna have???
Redneck Wrote:Looks good so far, but why so far away from the bleachers, how many lanes is the track gonna have???

They are planning on tearing down the bleachers after next season and moving them closer to the field. The track will be 8 lanes, and the yellow on the field is just stuff the workers have left behind. I would love to see something on the field too, a big JC in the middle of the field would be nice!
I'm pretty sure its too late to make something permanent in the middle of the field. I just looked at UK's field turf photos and theirs came pre-fabricated so it could be sewn into the rug. Most likely they'll have to paint stuff in the endzones and on the field. A big block lettered JC in the middle, outlined in gold would set it off.
The gold lines on the field ARE for the soccer field. And They ARE SEWING in Johnson in one end zone, Central in the other, and will have an eagle head on the fifty yard line. The workers are to have it complete in 17 days from today. I love the big white sidelines.
Wow! That looks nice!
Not saying that its impossible to sew anything else into the field but it looks like you can see the displacement between the two parts of the turf for the yellow soccer lines where as you don't see anything else towards midfield or the endzone. I guess this crew may be taking a different route compared to the people at UK's. Here is more of a step by step lay down so people can get a better understanding of how this stuff is done.

http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&..._well_id=2
This all looks very nice.
thats is a nice looking field.
are the soccer lines velcroed
Looks like Pikeville and Belfry arent the only ones with nice fields anymore.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Looks like Pikeville and Belfry arent the only ones with nice fields anymore.

It seems to be catching on! Another very nice field in the making and it says a lot about Eastern Kentucky Football and the direction that it is headed in.
BelfryJustice Wrote:It seems to be catching on! Another very nice field in the making and it says a lot about Eastern Kentucky Football and the direction that it is headed in.
Very True.
Redneck Wrote:Looks good so far, but why so far away from the bleachers, how many lanes is the track gonna have???
Took the words right out of my mouth but was later answered, LOL...I was thinking, damn, I know JC is good, but they aren't professional athletes who has to have there distance, lol! Very nice looking field though..If you are a turf fan that is, which I am not! To much old school in me I guess.
Good lookin field their.
NICE Field! The boys will love it! But, I guess I'm with PB5. I just love the grass and the mud.
I went by and saw the field yesterday, it looks great. Good to see high schools in our area get good facilities. Anybody know when Pburg is getting their new field turf?
I'm not a big turf fan but, it looks nice.
Looks like it is going to be a pretty nice field.
If you go to wymtnews.com and click on the sports overtime link you can see the segment they done of the new JC field. It will be by far the best one in EKY. It almost looks like a major D-1 field with the logo in the center and the endzones that do read Johnson Central like cash stated. Very impressive to say the least. I'll go out on a limb and say that within the next 10 years just about every school will have this type of surface on their field.
BelfryJustice Wrote:It seems to be catching on! Another very nice field in the making and it says a lot about Eastern Kentucky Football and the direction that it is headed in.

The initial costs of making a beautiful field like this is high, but over time it pays for itself because the maintenence is far less than your typical Bermuda or sod grass field.

Congrats to the Jonhnson Central community on something all should be very proud of. The field is beautiful, but I'm still partial to the red & white.Big Grin
GRIZZ Wrote:I'll go out on a limb and say that within the next 10 years just about every school will have this type of surface on their field.
Let's not forget that all of these EKY schools won't have the funding to get the turf if that is the direction they want to go in. From what I hear P-burg is having some funding trouble of their own.
Jenkins will have grass as long as there is a Planet Earth, lol!
bigpun Wrote:Let's not forget that all of these EKY schools won't have the funding to get the turf if that is the direction they want to go in. From what I hear P-burg is having some funding trouble of their own.

Fundraisers by the schools sports boosters over the next 10 years by schools that want this surface should be able to help pay for the majority of the costs. Some schools can get grants from the state to help finish it out. If the fundraisers bring them short I'm sure they can then talk to some wealthy grads that would be more than willing to drop some money their way. It will be easier for some schools than others, thats why I wasn't strictly making the statement for just EKY, I just said most schools.
Good looking field. Will they be handing out binoculars along with the programs to the fans? I can understand a track but any home field JC had at the old field will be gone unless the build the home bleachers on the other side of the field and closer to the field. Anyone can play on a turf field. It's the fans that give you home field advantage. Other than that, good looking surface.
Pages: 1 2