Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bobby Branham-new East Ridge Football Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Big congrats as I think this program desperately needed a man as dedicated as Coach Branham is and got one at a time when needed most! As BC75 mentioned in another thread, now East Ridge, you have your coach, now it is time for the players to do there part! Good Luck Coach and Players!
What happened to all this "WE MAKE HISTORY" stuff. Hummmmmm.
Was this supposed to be a good hire ? What about all the "NEW BREED" stuff?
Looks like a bunch of idol talk.
What about Betsy Layne? Here it is almost July and now they have no coach.
Talk about leaving out to dry.
Congrats Coach B, now your at a place where you'll have a chance to win. Betsy Lane is a no win situation for anybody, and thats a fact. East Ridge has nice facilities, a nice field, and the foundation for winning is set. Like PB5 said, East Ridge has the coach its needed, now its the players' turn to get out and bust their asses and turn that thing around. I see great things for the Warriors, and the administration has shown a commitment to winning with hiring Coach Branham, who was one of the best kept secrets in the mountains last year. Dont look at his record. Betsy Lane was competitive last year in most of the games they played. Which is a helluva lot more than anybody else could do with that team. But the simple fact is, that this is a much better position for Coach B. The support of the school, parents, fans and the kids will make for an exciting season, and many more to come. Congrats to Coach Branham, and to East Ridge.
Here is the one and only warning that this thread will get. This is a thread to congratulate a coach on taking a new position. DO NOT come into the thread and start the bashing and negativity.
Well said Midee1 and AGREED 100%~
Congrats, The guys a winner and this had to have been a decision that was a no brainer for him. He did help set a solid foundation at BL, well lets just say the program is left in better shape than what it was prior to his arrival. There is just a lack of interest at BL for football and at ER he can compete for championships/titles. He has a Billy Gillespie type work ethic from what I've seen, heard, and read.
Congrats to Coach B. Good luck at ER.
Congrats to Coach Branham, hope he will do great things at East Ridge.
Good luck to the Warriors!
Moe Wrote:There is just a lack of interest at BL for football and at ER he can compete for championships/titles.
I have seen plenty of crazy stuff on this site but now I think I have seen the topper. I am almost speechless about this comment. Anyway, congrats coach and you are in a better position to win more than a game a year.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Big congrats as I think this program desperately needed a man as dedicated as Coach Branham is and got one at a time when needed most! As BC75 mentioned in another thread, now East Ridge, you have your coach, now it is time for the players to do there part! Good Luck Coach and Players!

I whould like to be the first Warrior to welcome Coach B to the Tribe. I now believe with a great coach such as Coach B we can do more than hope for a win or two hear and there a season. Look for big things for the Warriors in 2007. I believe most of the players will be eictited to hear that we finially got a man to fill the head coach postion, and boy did we fill it good. Congrats to Coach B and East Ridge!
Good Luck at ER.
ER wont win 4 games this year with the change
Time will tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well with a new coach now how does everyone fell we will do next year?
Congrats to East Ridge and CoachB, and good luck in class AAA.
A coach can only do so much. Somewhere along the line, the players have to step up. He can't get out there and play for you, coaches win championships, but players win individual games JMO.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:A coach can only do so much. Somewhere along the line, the players have to step up. He can't get out there and play for you, coaches win championships, but players win individual games JMO.
Not bashing at all but just stating facts. Betsy Layne was not fundamentally sound at all last season. They did have a heck of a Qb though. Saw them in a game, tried to run some option, Qb's pitch and steps were not correct at all. All the work ethic in the world won't make a difference if you don't know how to implement a scheme correctly. A GREAT WORK ETHIC IS GREAT but you gotta know how to coach. Players can give you 100% but you gotta know how to teach them correctly. Guess wht I'm sayng is Farmer Fran could take over at Lou. Trinity and they could go 0-10. who knows mabey he will do well.
I did not say any where in my post about work ethic or working hard. I was referring to talent wise. The players must be fundamentally sound (where the coach comes in), and they must have skill to play whatever position they are asked to play. IMO the work ethic and working hard is only an incentive.
I heard that he hasn't officially got the job yet, just applied for it.
Capt. DH Wrote:I heard that he hasn't officially got the job yet, just applied for it.

According to The FCT he has applied for the job. He was interviewed (by the paper) and stated that the job would remain open through 7/14 or 7/15.
Fct?
cig107 Wrote:Fct?
Floyd County Times? just a guess.
gotcha2 Wrote:According to The FCT he has applied for the job. He was interviewed (by the paper) and stated that the job would remain open through 7/14 or 7/15.
Why would you go ahead and leave and tell people that you got the job if it wasn't official yet? Let's just pretend that he doesn't get the job at ER. What does he do from there? Go back to BL to a bunch of kids that he was arguing with on this site? Sit out a year? Or be an assistant for some school that he doesn't have a teaching job with? All hypothetical of course, but it could happen. I've seen crazier things happen.
Come on now, I have never said that I have the ER job, only that I had applied. Not getting in would possibly sit me out for a year or so. Who knows, I could apply for the part-time Math job at Pikeville and the A.D.
bigpun Wrote:Why would you go ahead and leave and tell people that you got the job if it wasn't official yet? Let's just pretend that he doesn't get the job at ER. What does he do from there? Go back to BL to a bunch of kids that he was arguing with on this site? Sit out a year? Or be an assistant for some school that he doesn't have a teaching job with? All hypothetical of course, but it could happen. I've seen crazier things happen.
If you do plan on applying for the part time math/AD job don't you think you should have already put your name into the hat? What is ER deadline to make a decision? Do you really think that you are AD material coach?
CoachB Wrote:Come on now, I have never said that I have the ER job, only that I had applied. Not getting in would possibly sit me out for a year or so. Who knows, I could apply for the part-time Math job at Pikeville and the A.D.

I know Pikeville still has the math job posted, but I haven't seen the AD job posted. Is it still open or are they just waiting on a new principal? Anyone have info???
It may not be offical, but trust me Bobby B. has it in the bag. With his work ethic and dedication along with nearly 7 players who started on both sides of the ball last year coming back, including all county players mike rowe, brad branham, caleb epling, and tommy bingham, they can make some noise this year. They have magoffin, south floyd, phelps, knott, pike central, grundy, shelby valley, belfry, and I believe Letcher on the schedule this year?
Yeah letcher is on the schedule...I don't know about south floyd tho.
Pages: 1 2