Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Virus that is Quitting!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There is a Virus that is sweeping across our area sports teams. Im not singling out one school or team inparticular because all have been infected by this plague. The virus I speak of is called quitting. The carriers of this virus (known in the scientific field as quitters) can spread this virus and ruin an otherwise good team with it. The common excuse a quitter uses for contacting this life ruining disease is "I dont like the Coach". Which If you truly understand the language of a quitter this really means "Im Lazy and I dont want to work as hard as the coach is making me, the only reason I played in the first place is to get a jersey to wear on game day so maybe I could get some girls to notice me". This is the pathetic existense of a quitter. Another common excuse of a quitter is "Its just not fun for me anymore". Meaning in quitterspeak. "Im not the star of the show and I dont care whether we win or not I want to be the star of the show". The quitter will resort to any tactic to spread his venom to other potential hosts. He will lie, cheat and mislead anyone with an open ear. Example:"You guys arent gonna win anything, dont play and lets hang out" Quitter meaning: "Im too spineless to quit by myself so Im gonna try to drag you down with me so you wont have a jersey on gameday either and Ill feel less like a loser".
The good news is there is a cure. Its a double shot of grow up mixed with a reality check. If this doesnt work then a good swift kick in the rump by the infected childs parent or guardian WILL do the trick and is highly recommended. JUST REMEMBER KIDS "ONLY COWARDS QUIT". Ive never met a person who quit that didnt regret it. 10 years from now when you have a job and a family and a house/ car payment and youre boss is coming down on you harder than any coach ever did. Youll realize that what you quit wasnt all that hard or bad and that the coaches were just trying to help make you better as a player as well as a person. Only then will it be too late. In short quitters miss out on the best times of theyre lives and then spend the rest fo theyre lives regreting it.
GREAT POST!!! I hate people who wanna be players and cause the team to suffer for there actions.
The preceding was a public serivce announcement from the "Get off your whiny,3 Old temper tantrum throwin,video game playing,sorry behinds and get to practice so we can win state" Foundation. Did I tick some folks off with this. Dang sure hope I did. LOL!
That is nothing but the truth. that is a awesome post. i wish some of are people at
my school could read this post. :yes:

HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:There is a Virus that is sweeping across our area sports teams. Im not singling out one school or team inparticular because all have been infected by this plague. The virus I speak of is called quitting. The carriers of this virus (known in the scientific field as quitters) can spread this virus and ruin an otherwise good team with it. The common excuse a quitter uses for contacting this life ruining disease is "I dont like the Coach". Which If you truly understand the language of a quitter this really means "Im Lazy and I dont want to work as hard as the coach is making me, the only reason I played in the first place is to get a jersey to wear on game day so maybe I could get some girls to notice me". This is the pathetic existense of a quitter. Another common excuse of a quitter is "Its just not fun for me anymore". Meaning in quitterspeak. "Im not the star of the show and I dont care whether we win or not I want to be the star of the show". The quitter will resort to any tactic to spread his venom to other potential hosts. He will lie, cheat and mislead anyone with an open ear. Example:"You guys arent gonna win anything, dont play and lets hang out" Quitter meaning: "Im too spineless to quit by myself so Im gonna try to drag you down with me so you wont have a jersey on gameday either and Ill feel less like a loser".
The good news is there is a cure. Its a double shot of grow up mixed with a reality check. If this doesnt work then a good swift kick in the rump by the infected childs parent or guardian WILL do the trick and is highly recommended. JUST REMEMBER KIDS "ONLY COWARDS QUIT". Ive never met a person who quit that didnt regret it. 10 years from now when you have a job and a family and a house/ car payment and youre boss is coming down on you harder than any coach ever did. Youll realize that what you quit wasnt all that hard or bad and that the coaches were just trying to help make you better as a player as well as a person. Only then will it be too late. In short quitters miss out on the best times of theyre lives and then spend the rest fo theyre lives regreting it.
I believe every school has at least one or two "players" like that
That is what I call a good post. It is oh so true my friend. Also these quitters, since they don't have a number now, need to change their names to something like PantherQuitter#Nothing. Yeah that sounds good.
I wish I could post what I really felt about these quitter kids, but they would probably ban me from BGR for life.
I hate a quitter! I consider them low-lifes and lose all respect for eternity! That is how bad I can't stand a quitter! I even wish if a kid quits, that the team that he shit on, doesn't talk to him or them for the rest of the school year!
bigpun Wrote:I wish I could post what I really felt about these quitter kids, but they would probably ban me from BGR for life.
i agree and so true.
Same goes for Coaches

PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I hate a quitter! I consider them low-lifes and lose all respect for eternity! That is how bad I can't stand a quitter! I even wish if a kid quits, that the team that he shit on, doesn't talk to him or them for the rest of the school year!
Absolutely wonderful, outstanding !!!!
Great post!!
Nothing could be truer. The Pikeville 8th grade class coming in was a VERY VERY promising group and you want to know how many are still playing? .....THREE!!!! Everyone is too lazy and doesn't want to work hard to get on the field and play. And it kills me to see everyone keep quitting at Pikeville because i would give almost anything to get on the field in maroon and white with PIKEVILLE across the chest. And i know i would work hard to make sure that the name Pikeville spread fear into opposing schools. But when someone wants you to better yourself more than you do to most the only option is to quit.
littlebluefan Wrote:Same goes for Coaches
Well, I don't know of too many coaches that have quit,,but yeah sure, lol
Panther Thunder Wrote:Nothing could be truer. The Pikeville 8th grade class coming in was a VERY VERY promising group and you want to know how many are still playing? .....THREE!!!! Everyone is too lazy and doesn't want to work hard to get on the field and play. And it kills me to see everyone keep quitting at Pikeville because i would give almost anything to get on the field in maroon and white with PIKEVILLE across the chest. And i know i would work hard to make sure that the name Pikeville spread fear into opposing schools. But when someone wants you to better yourself more than you do to most the only option is to quit.
I gained a lot of respect for you just now. I know who you are and I feel for you and your situation. Stay positive my young padawan.
How many have quit the football team at Pikeville?
One has quit because from what I hear he and his dad thinks hes the next Barry Sanders and theyre mad cause hes not the "superstar". Another already quit last year of the same reason. He came back to weightlifting only to quit again because "it was taking up too much of his time". Excuse me while I puke! These 2 boys need to grow and learn what it takes to be men.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Nothing could be truer. The Pikeville 8th grade class coming in was a VERY VERY promising group and you want to know how many are still playing? .....THREE!!!! Everyone is too lazy and doesn't want to work hard to get on the field and play. And it kills me to see everyone keep quitting at Pikeville because i would give almost anything to get on the field in maroon and white with PIKEVILLE across the chest. And i know i would work hard to make sure that the name Pikeville spread fear into opposing schools. But when someone wants you to better yourself more than you do to most the only option is to quit.
There are more than 3 8th graders playing next year. I could think of five right off the top of my head and Im sure theres more than that. The kids who arent playing wouldnt tackle a wet mop anyway cause they were afraid of getting hurt for basketball and didnt want to risk it. Thats Gutless!!! Another example of "Playing for the jersey" and not for the love of the game. Hang in there dude youll get back out there I know it. You cant keep the MOTH SLAYER down!!!! LOL!!!!!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:There are more than 3 8th graders playing next year. I could think of five right off the top of my head and Im sure theres more than that. The kids who arent playing wouldnt tackle a wet mop anyway cause they were afraid of getting hurt for basketball and didnt want to risk it.

Who else besides Mims, Ross, and Ben? Just wondering cause those are the only names ive heard.
Madison Coleman is playing. What about Stephen Layne and Taylor Ratliff. Taylor Mullins said he is playing. Chase Branham said he was playing. Ben, Ross, and Mims are playing. Not sure about the others though.
bigpun Wrote:Madison Coleman is playing. What about Stephen Layne and Taylor Ratliff. Taylor Mullins said he is playing. Chase Branham said he was playing. Ben, Ross, and Mims are playing. Not sure about the others though.
Zach Howell. Now theres a kid Im rooting for to do good. Hes shown alot of dedication over the off season.
bigpun Wrote:Madison Coleman is playing. What about Stephen Layne and Taylor Ratliff. Taylor Mullins said he is playing. Chase Branham said he was playing. Ben, Ross, and Mims are playing. Not sure about the others though.
Steven and taylor told me they are definately not playing and chase told be during baseball that he wasn't but he may have changed his mind.
Taylors dad told me he was probably going to play. To be honest I put more stock in what the parents tell me than what the kids say. I believe Stephen and Chase will play as well.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Taylors dad told me he was probably going to play. To be honest I put more stock in what the parents tell me than what the kids say. I believe Stephen and Chase will play as well.
Well thats good cause it would be bad for them not to play. Now if we could just get the Bubs and Tanner Clark out there lol.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Well thats good cause it would be bad for them not to play. Now if we could just get the Bubs and Tanner Clark out there lol.
I wish they would. Shoot, I wish every boy in every class in the school would come out for football.
You people will figure it out sooner or later.......kids say they aren't playing this time of year... every year, so they don't have to spend the whole entire summer in the weightroom or going to football camp. Look at Pikeville last season, Ritchie, Price, Staggs, and others didn't decide to play until after the hard stuff was over. So this year the same thing is happening. McAnallen got a job so he wouldn't have to lift, Price and Gibson are just duds, Harmon hides all summer so he doesn't have to lift, then all the young kids say they aren't playing next year. Pikeville football will be fine....when everyone comes out after the summer is over when the fun part starts! The sad part is that Pikeville doesn't have enough athletes to just kick them off so they have to take them back and let them play!!
You think Pikeville is taking Harmon back and letting him play? lol. He plays 3 sports and has a job, and he is great at all 3 sports he plays.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:You think Pikeville is taking Harmon back and letting him play? lol. He plays 3 sports and has a job, and he is great at all 3 sports he plays.
Youre right Harmon is the exception to the rule. Hes always working at something. Hes staying in playing shape all year. The rest are just lounging by the pool all summer.
bball fan Wrote:You people will figure it out sooner or later.......kids say they aren't playing this time of year... every year, so they don't have to spend the whole entire summer in the weightroom or going to football camp. Look at Pikeville last season, Ritchie, Price, Staggs, and others didn't decide to play until after the hard stuff was over. So this year the same thing is happening. McAnallen got a job so he wouldn't have to lift, Price and Gibson are just duds, Harmon hides all summer so he doesn't have to lift, then all the young kids say they aren't playing next year. Pikeville football will be fine....when everyone comes out after the summer is over when the fun part starts! The sad part is that Pikeville doesn't have enough athletes to just kick them off so they have to take them back and let them play!!
Houston has been lifting some this year. All the incoming freshmen say theyre not playing cause theyre afraid of getting the "freshmen treatment".
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Youre right Harmon is the exception to the rule. Hes always working at something. Hes staying in playing shape all year. The rest are just lounging by the pool all summer.
Is Harmon always working or just good enough to be good at 3 sports without spending any extra time on any of them??
Pages: 1 2 3