Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2019 WYMT Mountain Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is the field looking like this year. Per KHSAA it looks like only two teams
have it posted to their schedule, Clay County and Phelps.
Does anyone know the complete field and bracket?
I’d like to see some of the traditional mountains teams of recent success in the field like Perry Central, Knox Central, Knott Central, Pikeville, Johnson Central, Shelby Valley be in this field.
For some reason, the KHSAA site has Perry Central down as the host, but it should be Knott Central's turn to host. I look for both of those teams to be in it, maybe Hazard as well.

Kudos to Phelps for applying. This will be some nice exposure for Trey Francis.

I am looking forward to the reveal of the teams and the bracket as I love the Mountain Classic.
It should be at Knott, but I don't think Perry will be in the tourney unless Hoskins changed his mind.

They didn't apply initially.
Any word on this years tournament field and brackets? Surely somebody has to know something?
I just checked the KHSAA site and now they have Knox Central listed with Clay County and Phelps as participating teams.
I believe Harlan is in the boys tourney this year
ukwildcat2000 Wrote:Any word on this years tournament field and brackets? Surely somebody has to know something?

I don't think it's set this early. WYMT will announce it.
Sheldon Clark is playing in it I believe.
The 2018 tournament field was announced on April 23rd last year. I wonder what the delay is for this one.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:The 2018 tournament field was announced on April 23rd last year. I wonder what the delay is for this one.

Don't know.
Field has been set for quite a while :eyeroll:
Zaga fan who are the teams and matchups?
Martin County has been added on the KHSAA listing for the tournament.
Per the KHSAA site, Hazard is now listed in it. The teams listed on there as of 8-22-19 are:

Clay County
Hazard
Knox Central
Martin County
Phelps.
ukwildcat2000 Wrote:Zaga fan who are the teams and matchups?

I'll let WYMT make the official announcement, but I'll confirm Perry Central is not in the tournament.
Im sure the University of Alabama is going to be upset that Coach Hoskins wont be sporting the Roll Tide shirts there any more.
Clay County Tigers
Appearances: 29 (1988-99, 2001-05, 08-13, 15-19)
All-time record: 49-25

Harlan Green Dragons
Appearances: 4 (1993, 2000, 06, 19)
All-time record: 6-3

Hazard Bulldogs
Appearances: 25 (1988-89, 92, 94, 96, 98-2015, 17, 19)
All-time record: 31-25

Knott Central Patriots
Appearances: 27 (1988-89, 91-93, 95-2000, 03-04, 06, 08-19)
All-time record: 32-32

Knox Central Panthers
Appearances: 9 (1988-89, 2008, 10, 15, 17-19)
All-time record: 13-8

Martin County Cardinals
Appearances: 3 (1993, 2012, 19)
All-time record: 3-3

Phelps Hornets
Appearances: 2 (2006, 19)
All-time record: 1-2

Pike Central Hawks
Appearances: 4 (1996, 2003, 17, 19)
All-time record: 2-4
Looks like a solid lineup of teams. Wonder who the first round games are going to be?
Anybody know the pairings?
Who’s the early favorite? I look for Hazard to have a big year
I would say Hazard is the early favorite. I agree, they should have a Big year..I predict they will win the 14th All A and got a great chance of winning the overall region
I'm partial to those Tigers from Clay Co. Pretty sure they won this tournament last year and they return EVERYBODY!
I'd give Clay the edge also with Hazard second.
It's not that strong of a field overall though, for the second straight year.
Yeah. Clay would have to be the favorite.
looks like some nice teams. may have to drive down say hello to fam in clay and see some games
clipperw Wrote:Bracket and complete schedule:

https://www.wymt.com/content/sports/2019...qI_szPpW64

Wait. Why is Perry not playing in this? I’ve never seen them not play in it.
Id say Perry isnt playing because they are down.
DukeBoy Wrote:Id say Perry isnt playing because they are down.

Will they not be hosting it? Or has it moved in the past few years?
Spud6 Wrote:Wait. Why is Perry not playing in this? I’ve never seen them not play in it.

They also weren't in the field around 2012ish maybe. I think they even hosted it that year. There was a mix-up with their paperwork if I remember correctly.

This year they simply didn't apply for the tournament. WYMT wanted them in the tournament and reached out to try and get them to apply, but they didn't want to play this year.
zaga_fan Wrote:They also weren't in the field around 2012ish maybe. I think they even hosted it that year. There was a mix-up with their paperwork if I remember correctly.

This year they simply didn't apply for the tournament. WYMT wanted them in the tournament and reached out to try and get them to apply, but they didn't want to play this year.

Are they hosting it or is it played somewhere else?
Pages: 1 2