Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pre-Season Mountain Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know it may be a little early but I'm sure theres lots of people excited about football season and would like to give there opinons on this topic.

This includes all the teams east of Powell, Bath, Mason, Rockcastle, Laurel Counties.

I'll post mine later.
i think russell have the best shot at the title this year. estill will have a breakthrough season. powell will do ok.
Is Russell considered a mountain team? I thought it was teams in WYMT coverage area?
Keepnitreal Wrote:Is Russell considered a mountain team? I thought it was teams in WYMT coverage area?

Yes, on this site Russell is considered a mountain team.
1)Johnson Central
2)Russell
3)Ashland
4)Mason Co.
5)Bell Co.
6)Belfry
7)Somerset
8)Pikeville
9)Clay Co.
10)Prestonsburg
blackcat_student Wrote:1)Johnson Central
2)Russell
3)Ashland
4)Mason Co.
5)Bell Co.
6)Belfry
7)Somerset
8)Pikeville
9)Clay Co.
10)Prestonsburg

that looks about right.
I still don't consider Russell, Ashland or Mason Co. to be mountain teams.
2)Russell
3)Ashland
4)Mason Co.
5)Bell Co.
6)Belfry
7)Somerset
8)Pikeville
9)Clay Co.
10)Prestonsburg

Pikeville is gonna be ahead of Belfry

:flame:TongueirateSho
P-Villain! Wrote:Pikeville is gonna be ahead of Belfry

Don't we hear this every year?
lets just start by saying Eastern Kentucky
[Image: road_map_of_Kentucky.jpg]
East of I-64, that makes it better and easier to keep track of..
Belfry_99 Wrote:Don't we hear this every year?

Yeah, but you'll see
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:lets just start by saying Eastern Kentucky
[Image: road_map_of_Kentucky.jpg]
East of I-64, that makes it better and easier to keep track of..

I total agree!
2)Russell
3)Ashland
4)Mason Co.
5)Bell Co.
6)Belfry
7)Somerset
8)Pikeville
9)Clay Co.
10)Prestonsburg

I think this one looks pretty good!
Ashland will have some growing pains, especially early in the season. Their returning QB was dismissed from the team and 3 year starting RB Matt Thomas has been moved to the QB position, while new youngster Rashard Carter has been penciled in as the starting RB for now. Big changes and off season issues. This on top of a team that is now only returning 1 starter on offense in the same position and 0 in the same position defensively.

1)Johnson Central
2)Russell
3)Belfry
4)Bell Co.
5)Ashland
6)Boyd Co.
7)Mason Co.
8)Pikeville
9)Somerset
10)Clay Co.
What about Southwestern they should be up their.
warrior20 Wrote:What about Southwestern they should be up their.

I thought about putting them on there but your the first SW user I've seen on here so I didn't think anyone would mind not seeing them on there.
1. Johnson Central
2. Bell Co.
3. Corbin
4. Belfry
5. Russell
6. Pikeville
7. Breathitt
8. Clay Co.
9. Ashland
10. Leslie Co.

How can you guys not put Corbin, Breathitt, or Leslie on your pre-season top 10? Corbin is an early favorite for making a run to state returning most of their team from last year. Breathitt loses 3 linemen from a very good team from last year and thats it. And Leslie has returns 22 Seniors and their Junior QB. You guys must not watch alot of football.
Belfry_99 Wrote:Don't we hear this every year?
Not the last 6 or seven years you haven't.
Middlesboro should be in the top ten.
P-Villain! Wrote:Pikeville is gonna be ahead of Belfry

I think for Pikeville to truly be ahead of Belfry, Pikeville is going to have to cut back on the stupid penalties. Last season I seen at least 4 touchdowns called back for stupid reasons. For example, a runner crossing the end zone and 30 yards back someone would take both hands and push a defender in the back and the touchdown would be called back. Pikeville has the talent to go a long way this year, but it depends on the players.
blackcat_student Wrote:I know it may be a little early but I'm sure theres lots of people excited about football season and would like to give there opinons on this topic.

This includes all the teams east of Powell, Bath, Mason, Rockcastle, Laurel Counties.

I'll post mine later.

Breathitt County will by as good or better than just about anyone IF they can get the defense lined out.....they were terrible last year on that side of the ball. I think they lost to Male in a 7-7 in the semi-finals, Male scored with just minutes to go, or so I am told, so Breathitt's offense will be good, but their defense?
Middlesboro will be in the top ten.
the big one Wrote:Middlesboro will be in the top ten.
How many did they graduate from alst year's team?
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:How many did they graduate from alst year's team?

My guess is all there skill players. Hoskins, Earls, Ford, etc.
No Sheldon Clark ... Hmmm
I'm sure Ashland will reload but don't they have to replace 21 starters from last years team. I heard all they had coming back was Matt Thomas.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Ashland will have some growing pains, especially early in the season. Their returning QB was dismissed from the team and 3 year starting RB Matt Thomas has been moved to the QB position, while new youngster Rashard Carter has been penciled in as the starting RB for now. Big changes and off season issues. This on top of a team that is now only returning 1 starter on offense in the same position and 0 in the same position defensively.

1)Johnson Central
2)Russell
3)Belfry
4)Bell Co.
5)Ashland
6)Boyd Co.
7)Mason Co.
8)Pikeville
9)Somerset
10)Clay Co.
Looks good.......but i might have Hazard and Prestonsburg on there somewhere
i think this one is good maybe a few here and there i would change but other then that looks good

1)Johnson Central
2)Russell
3)Ashland
4)Mason Co.
5)Bell Co.
6)Belfry
7)Somerset
8)Pikeville
9)Clay Co.
10)Prestonsburg
PHS_JT Wrote:i think this one is good maybe a few here and there i would change but other then that looks good

1)Johnson Central
2)Russell
3)Ashland
4)Mason Co.
5)Bell Co.
6)Belfry
7)Somerset
8)Pikeville
9)Clay Co.
10)Prestonsburg
I am telling you all right now that it is going to be hard for Ashland to replace 21 starters. I don't care who you are it is going to be a task in it's self to replace that many starters.
Really I believe the list has to start with Johnson Central. They ended the 06 season #1 and they have a lot coming back. I think they will be geared up and ready for the 07 season.
Pages: 1 2