Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NASCAR says #8 is not for sale...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before talk of a deal between Hendrick Motorsports and Dale Earnhardt Inc. for the No. 8 goes too far, NASCAR has stepped in with a reminder: The numbers belong to the sanctioning body, not its teams. NASCAR's long-standing policy is that it owns and assigns the numbers of cars in the series, and that they are not for sale. Team owner Rick Hendrick said he had informed Dale Earnhardt Inc. that he was willing to purchase the No. 8 for Dale Earnhardt Jr. when he comes to drive for Hendrick Motorsports in 2008.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story...id=2916723
They can say what they want. But, Dale Sr bought the #8 from the Stavola Brothers in 1999 when he started JRs team so buying a number is not unprecedented. Nascar probably want theyre pockets lined as well.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:They can say what they want. But, Dale Sr bought the #8 from the Stavola Brothers in 1999 when he started JRs team so buying a number is not unprecedented. Nascar probably want theyre pockets lined as well.
so true.
I am getting to where i hate NASCAR anymore.
I seen on espn if Budweiser or any other sponser wants to be the main sponser it will run them around 25 million a year dang.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I am getting to where i hate NASCAR anymore.
two words Brian France.
Yea should get a new number, maybe it will get him to win lol
Apparently NASCAR says they will not stop HMS from buying the 8. Somebodys pockets got lined. I told yall it would work that way.www.jayski.com
And I am not shocked one bit! The decision that IMO, could have caused A HUGE UPROAR, but like always, JR gets what he wants! His name and number is NASCAR in 75% of nascars fans eyes!