Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Clay
South
North
Harlan central
Knox
Corbin
Williamsburg
Lynn camp
Bell
Oneida
I have to agree, looks about right. I know it's real early but OBI beat Hazard in Summer ball. Don't be surprised if they move a couple spots up this list as season goes on.
My guess is Middlesboro, Barbourville and Harlan are better than Lynn Camp at this point
I watched some 13th region this summer. Seems to me there a lot of teams the same. Not one team seems to be any better than another. South and Harlan c lost to hazard. Clay and Oneida both are playing well. Middlesboro seems to be playing well. Not heard anything from North, Corbin, bell.
looks good
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:I watched some 13th region this summer. Seems to me there a lot of teams the same. Not one team seems to be any better than another. South and Harlan c lost to hazard. Clay and Oneida both are playing well. Middlesboro seems to be playing well. Not heard anything from North, Corbin, bell.
I wouldnt pay much attention to summer ball scores. for instance south vs hazard was much more of a jv game than varsity souths starters played 12 min of a 40 min running clock. hazard dont have everybody yet either. they did play another 20 min running clock 1 starter played all of it. norvell played 2 min. rest played maybe 14min
1. SL
2. Clay Co.
3. KC
4. Harlan Co.
5. NL
6. Williamsburg
7. Corbin
8. Bell Co.
9. Middlesboro
10. Barbourville
Summer ball means nothing!!
1. South Laurel
2. Clay Co
3. North Laurel
4. Harlan Co
5. Middlesboro
6. BellCo
7. Corbin
8. Williamsburg
9. Knox Central
10. Barbourville
Word around town in Oneida is they have a 6'6" kid coming in from Ga. if true they will be in everyone's top 10 or higher. JMO
I believe they are top 10 without any new additions. They play hard. Beat breathitte yesterday and got beat by Harlan co today. But looked terrible today. But any new additions will make them really good
They had a 6-6 transfer playing with them this week in Lexington. They looked improved against Breathitt, but no so much today in a 76-37 loss to Harlan County. Summers give you a pretty good look at what everyone has coming back, but I don't know about top 10 until they beat some good teams during the regular season.
They are playing good some days and bad others. But I believe they will be pretty good this year or could be.
Yeah, they looked good against Breathitt. They have a veteran team, it appears, with 5-7 seniors, including the two kids from Red Bird. The All A is going to be interesting. I'd give Williamsburg the edge, but several teams have a legitimate shot.
HCS Wrote:Yeah, they looked good against Breathitt. They have a veteran team, it appears, with 5-7 seniors, including the two kids from Red Bird. The All A is going to be interesting. I'd give Williamsburg the edge, but several teams have a legitimate shot.

With these 2 kids and 2 Starters not playing, looks like Oneida should be very good. New Coach and a couple players can do wonders for a struggling program.:Cheerlead
JustThinking Wrote:With these 2 kids and 2 Starters not playing, looks like Oneida should be very good. New Coach and a couple players can do wonders for a struggling program.:Cheerlead
for the life of me I cant figure obi out. you beat breathitt and scott but get beat 40 by tates creek and marion. tates creeks best player is out hurt. loose to harlan co by 30. heard obi beat clay co and hazard. I know its summer ball which I dont put much stock in the final scores but thats a big discrepancy to wrap my head around. obi fought south hard for awhile. south had to leave starters in more than they have all summer. Hearing red bird kids probably wont end up at obi but they are playing without one of their better players
It could be that they have 6 players. And two games back to back or a day is tough on them. Especially under a new coach.
They had eight in Lexington. Are the Red Bird boys staying?
They just beat bell