Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Transfers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Floyd Central Ethan Smith Mills transfer to Martin county.
I wonder if another former Jaguar, Grant Blackburn will be playing for Martin County next season? I believe I read on here he transferred to Sheldon Clark a few months ago.
Yes,Grant will be there also.
Grant is in school there now.
Basketball players From SV 2 Pikeville.
clipperw Wrote:I wonder if another former Jaguar, Grant Blackburn will be playing for Martin County next season? I believe I read on here he transferred to Sheldon Clark a few months ago.

Grant lived in Martin County when he transferred to Floyd Central and got cleared to play.

According to the KHSAA he was on SC roster, played in a couple games and scored a few points, then transferred to Floyd Central and played too.

He never moved, his family didn't move and his sister went to school in Martin County and his mom and dad both work for the Martin county school system.

This was all reported to Julian Tackett the commissioner of the KHSAA and nothing happened, :biglmao:

Now he is back at SC so whats the big deal, he lives here, his sister still goes to school in Martin county, and his parents still work for the school system, and Big Julian has his head up his fat butt about rules. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
How many schools?
Knott county played summer ball without their big man. Does anyone know his plan for fall enrollment? We all can speculate, but was hoping someone had some facts. This could shift the dynamics of the region.
Rumor has it Cov Cath has 4 out of state kids transferring in for next season. 3 of them national level kids. Should get them back on top of the 9th pretty quickly.
plantmanky Wrote:Rumor has it Cov Cath has 4 out of state kids transferring in for next season. 3 of them national level kids. Should get them back on top of the 9th pretty quickly.

NKU coaches son, a 7 footer, Cincinnati Freshman tjat is 6'6 and 2 other kids.
UK1fan Wrote:NKU coaches son, a 7 footer, Cincinnati Freshman tjat is 6'6 and 2 other kids.

Their Director of Transfers doing what he does best.
I'm hearing Martin County is not finished and took a player and his dad on a tour of the new school and athletic facilities. You Can't Never Go Home Again by Thomas Wolfe probably wasn't referring to the 57th District.
UK1fan Wrote:NKU coaches son, a 7 footer, Cincinnati Freshman tjat is 6'6 and 2 other kids.

NKU coach's son is 6'4" Walker Horn. He started as JV point guard last year as a freshman at his previous high school in Texas. It was a TX large division school. I'm not sure where the Horn family is living, exactly, but my understanding is that their house is in NKY, which means Walker is ineligible to play sports in Ohio, per OHSAA rules. With that said, Beechwood, Cooper, Highlands, and CCH would seem the logical choices. I'm told they toured all four schools before they settled on CCH.

The Cincinnati freshman is 6'5" Chandler Starks. Chandler's dad Keith Starks was a difference maker on the mens team at University of Cincinnati from 87-91. Keith is a lifelong friend to CCH varsity assistant coach, Joe Fredrick. No real surprise here to see Chandler taking interest in CCH.

The 7 footer is Noah Hupmann, who will be incoming as a freshman from the Evansville Day School. He is son of Sascha Hupmann, a 7'1" University of Evansville alum who played professionally in Europe for 11 years. Noah is also 7'1", has a standing reach of 9'2", and averaged 16.6 pts, 10.6 rebs, and 7.7 blocks per game last season. He was #1 in the nation for blocks last year, and also had 3 triple-doubles. Noah's mother apparently accepted a new job in greater Cincinnati in March or April. They were originally looking at Moeller, and opted for CCH instead because of the abundance of height already on the Moeller roster. My understanding is that Chris Mack has been paying lots of attention to Noah, although at current his only D1 offers are from Evansville, Indiana State, and Morehead State.

Not sure who the "2 other kids" are that you're referencing, but at one point there was a lot of talk that Chandler Starks' AAU teammate Rayvon Griffith would be headed to CCH in addition to Chandler. Some are projecting Griffith as a national Top 20 recruit for the class of 2023. He opted to attend Hughes High School in Cincinnati.