Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mountain Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
What's everyone's preseason top 10?Regions 13-15.

1-Shelby Valley
2-JBS
3-Cumberland
4-Corbin
5-?
6-?
7-?
8-?
9-?
10-?

I haven't got to watch enough of the other teams to tell you the rest,but I imagine these are the top 4 teams.
South Laurel is gotta be #1....When is the last time they have been beat by a Mountain team and plus they have been to Rupp the last 3 years.

uk96

MVP2 Wrote:South Laurel is gotta be #1....When is the last time they have been beat by a Mountain team and plus they have been to Rupp the last 3 years.

Those times are over at SL. I watched them play this summer and in my opinion they will be ranked below Corbin,Cumberland,Jackson Co,Knox Central,Cawood,Clay Co and possibly more. The 13th is very balanced for the first time in a long time and the 13th will be really fun to watch for fans. It will be a coin toss to who comes out of the 13th.
Well Pikeville has to be top 5, pending his mom getting a job, they're getting a 6-8 3 star player from GA.
MVP2 Wrote:South Laurel is gotta be #1....When is the last time they have been beat by a Mountain team and plus they have been to Rupp the last 3 years.
You have got to be completely out of your mind, SL will probably not even be in the mountain top 10 much less #1. Why dont you somehow try to quit living in the past pal. Ty Proffitt is gone to Notre Dame and so is Trey Smith and Jordan hammonds, the last link to the glory days. Please do a little reseach and get a clue about teams like JBS, Cumberland, Shelby Valley and Corbin because they are the big dogs now.
uk96 Wrote:Those times are over at SL. I watched them play this summer and in my opinion they will be ranked below Corbin,Cumberland,Jackson Co,Knox Central,Cawood,Clay Co and possibly more. The 13th is very balanced for the first time in a long time and the 13th will be really fun to watch for fans. It will be a coin toss to who comes out of the 13th.
Not Exactly a coin toss I dont think. Cumberland and Corbin will not exactly be a coin toss game for anyone, they will clearly be the favorites, but there will be several teams from the 13th that will be very good teams that will win a lot of games and be dangerous come tournament time
MakeItRain23 Wrote:What's everyone's preseason top 10?Regions 13-15.

1-Shelby Valley
2-JBS
3-Cumberland
4-Corbin
5-?
6-?
7-?
8-?
9-?
10-?

I haven't got to watch enough of the other teams to tell you the rest,but I imagine these are the top 4 teams.
These are definately the top four, and from what I have heard about how the new kid, Garfield Wilson played for Cumberland at the state AAU along with all the other talent they have, Cumberland could be when all is said and done the best team in the Mountains.

uk96

Harlan Man Wrote:Not Exactly a coin toss I dont think. Cumberland and Corbin will not exactly be a coin toss game for anyone, they will clearly be the favorites, but there will be several teams from the 13th that will be very good teams that will win a lot of games and be dangerous come tournament time

I agree that Cumberland and Corbin will be very good but I was also impressed with Knox Central with the two players that transferred in there. You will surely have the most balanced region in the mountains.
Harlan Man Wrote:You have got to be completely out of your mind, SL will probably not even be in the mountain top 10 much less #1. Why dont you somehow try to quit living in the past pal. Ty Proffitt is gone to Notre Dame and so is Trey Smith and Jordan hammonds, the last link to the glory days. Please do a little reseach and get a clue about teams like JBS, Cumberland, Shelby Valley and Corbin because they are the big dogs now.

with bortnem, gilbert, and 6'8" st.john, SL will still be a strong mountain team. the strength of schedule they play will have them ready for corbin and cumberland by the time the region comes around. corbin will be the favorite in the 13th, they have to much talent, and size, and they already have big game experience even though they are young. im not really sure about what JBS or Shelby Valley has i dont get to see the teams from the 14th-16th often.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Well Pikeville has to be top 5, pending his mom getting a job, they're getting a 6-8 3 star player from GA.
What's his name,what school is he from,and what class is he in?
MakeItRain23 Wrote:What's his name,what school is he from,and what class is he in?

Ask and you shall receive, pending his mom getting a job, he should be a Pikeville Panther from numerous sources.
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewpr...=64253&sport=2

Told he has been playing with Pikeville in summer ball too.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Ask and you shall receive, pending his mom getting a job, he should be a Pikeville Panther from numerous sources.

That would be a real nice pickup for Pikeville.
Yeah, I know they lost Proitt and I know SL wont be a good as the last few years but to be the champ you got to beat the champ and SL beat Corbin 4 times last year and the last time a Mt team has been SL is back in 2004 when they got beat by Corbin.At the end of the year.I think Valley will be #1 but till SL gets beat you cant take the #1 spot from them.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Ask and you shall receive, pending his mom getting a job, he should be a Pikeville Panther from numerous sources.

It looked like Pikeville got sent home early from the tournament in Frankfort, maybe he is not as good as you think he is
uk96 Wrote:Those times are over at SL. I watched them play this summer and in my opinion they will be ranked below Corbin,Cumberland,Jackson Co,Knox Central,Cawood,Clay Co and possibly more. The 13th is very balanced for the first time in a long time and the 13th will be really fun to watch for fans. It will be a coin toss to who comes out of the 13th.

I agree with the above comment.
Harlan Man Wrote:It looked like Pikeville got sent home early from the tournament in Frankfort, maybe he is not as good as you think he is

He didnt play in Frankfort.
MVP2 Wrote:Yeah, I know they lost Proitt and I know SL wont be a good as the last few years but to be the champ you got to beat the champ and SL beat Corbin 4 times last year and the last time a Mt team has been SL is back in 2004 when they got beat by Corbin.At the end of the year.I think Valley will be #1 but till SL gets beat you cant take the #1 spot from them.
The thing is, the #1 spot is no longer theirs and you and everyone else knows it, but I guess until the first mountain top 10 poll officially comes out you can keep living in the past.
MakeItRain23 Wrote:That would be a real nice pickup for Pikeville.

Even before this pick up I would have Pikeville in the top 4 or 5. I still don't see them as ahead of JBS or Valley but ahead of Paintsville. BTW can someone fill me in on the expectations with Paintsville because the last time I checked they were also a big big contender in the 15th. Lately I have not seen anything about them.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:Even before this pick up I would have Pikeville in the top 4 or 5. I still don't see them as ahead of JBS or Valley but ahead of Paintsville. BTW can someone fill me in on the expectations with Paintsville because the last time I checked they were also a big big contender in the 15th. Lately I have not seen anything about them.

You never know with Paintsville, if the game was played with two basketballs, Paintsville would be amazing, but it's not that way, and there are too many egos on that team to go around, Landon was great his Fresh. year but now he's just selfish.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:He didnt play in Frankfort.
Ok, I didnt know for sure about that. If they get a big 6'8" stud hoss that is legit to to add to what they have they could be pretty darn good.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:You never know with Paintsville, if the game was played with two basketballs, Paintsville would be amazing, but it's not that way, and there are too many egos on that team to go around, Landon was great his Fresh. year but now he's just selfish.

(Off topic) Man I remember the game he scored 50 or 51 on Valley in double overtime in the first round of the 15 region tourney his freshman year. I thought man no team has a shot for the next 3 years. How times change from year to year.

Anyways, is Paintsville even going to be considered for the Mountain top 10. I am pretty sure they should at least be in there but I am trying to figure out where.
Here is the deal now with all this talk about South Laurel and them not being in there prime anymore after this past season. From what I saw of them this past season they weren't that good anyways. It has been 2 years now since this team was considered a top notch state contending team. With the loss of Profitt (who IMO was to much of a show boat for his own good, but was still one heck of a ball player) and Trey Smith who stepped up in the state tournament for them to help them advance to the second round. They have now falling to an all time low and very well may not make it out of district.

So with that said here is my top 10
1. Shelby Valley
2. JBS
3. Cumberland
4. Corbin
5. Pikeville
6. Clay Co.
7. Hazard
8. Paintsville
9-10 toss up
With the two transfers from Bell Co., Knox Central will definitely be in the top 10. How can these players just transfer from one school to another? Seems odd that two transfer at the same time to the same school. Will KHSAA allow this?

Could you imagine if this were happening at a private school? EVERYONE would be screaming!
I don't think they can be eligible without a waiver from the commish.
Estill County has had a good summer and they return most of their starters. They could be in that top 10. Time will tell.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Here is the deal now with all this talk about South Laurel and them not being in there prime anymore after this past season. From what I saw of them this past season they weren't that good anyways. It has been 2 years now since this team was considered a top notch state contending team. With the loss of Profitt (who IMO was to much of a show boat for his own good, but was still one heck of a ball player) and Trey Smith who stepped up in the state tournament for them to help them advance to the second round. They have now falling to an all time low and very well may not make it out of district.

So with that said here is my top 10
1. Shelby Valley
2. JBS
3. Cumberland
4. Corbin
5. Pikeville
6. Clay Co.
7. Hazard
8. Paintsville
9-10 toss up
Clay county and Hazard will not be top 10 mountain teams. Pineville, Knox Central (with the transfers) and possibly Jackson County will be teams that will make apperances in the poll
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:You never know with Paintsville, if the game was played with two basketballs, Paintsville would be amazing, but it's not that way, and there are too many egos on that team to go around, Landon was great his Fresh. year but now he's just selfish.
your a complete joke buddy. landon is in no way selfish, what have you been watching. my goodness you need glasses buddy. dang i can't believe you could say something like this. if it wasn't so stupid i would laugh a little bit. your a joke.
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:your a complete joke buddy. landon is in no way selfish, what have you been watching. my goodness you need glasses buddy. dang i can't believe you could say something like this. if it wasn't so stupid i would laugh a little bit. your a joke.
i wouldnt freak out over him saying that because i think a lot of people (even paintsville) like I would agree with him. Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion and shouldn't be talked to like that because of it.
Summer ball is great , but in now way reflects what will come in the fall.
imo shelby valley is over rated there a good team but not the best in the mountains jbs is a better team then they are.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6