Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: JBS, Shelby Valley, and South Laruel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With all the talk about Shelby Valley and June Bucanan, is South Laruel being overlooked as a top team in the region? I have not heard anything about them so can some one fill me in as far as where they stand?
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:With all the talk about Shelby Valley and June Bucanan, is South Laruel being overlooked as a top team in the region? I have not heard anything about them so can some one fill me in as far as where they stand?
Well in the 13th there's new sheriffs in town this year in Cumberland--who made it to the Final 4 of the AAU State Tourney and was without starter Brooks Hogue with a sprained ankle,and athletic sharpshooter Paul David Creech who has a fractured vertabrae and beat a top 10 team in Tates Creek by 14 who beat South Laurel by 20--and Corbin who I've heard has looked good as well this summer and brings back loads from that regional runner-up team last year.
MakeItRain23 Wrote:Well in the 13th there's new sheriffs in town this year in Cumberland--who made it to the Final 4 of the AAU State Tourney and was without starter Brooks Hogue with a sprained ankle,and athletic sharpshooter Paul David Creech who has a fractured vertabrae and beat a top 10 team in Tates Creek by 14 who beat South Laurel by 20--and Corbin who I've heard has looked good as well this summer and brings back loads from that regional runner-up team last year.

Thanks!
MakeItRain23 Wrote:Well in the 13th there's new sheriffs in town this year in Cumberland--who made it to the Final 4 of the AAU State Tourney and was without starter Brooks Hogue with a sprained ankle,and athletic sharpshooter Paul David Creech who has a fractured vertabrae and beat a top 10 team in Tates Creek by 14 who beat South Laurel by 20--and Corbin who I've heard has looked good as well this summer and brings back loads from that regional runner-up team last year.

South Laurel is not as strong as usual, I agree there's a new sheriff in town.

But, when Cumberland played Tates Creek they were missing their star player "Sparks" due to an injury in a game after the South Laurel game.

Also, the bottom half of the bracket at the state tournament was no where as loaded as the top half of the bracket.

The top half of the bracket had Scott Co., Boone Co. Knox Central, June Buchanan, Elliott Co. and Fern Creek.

The bottom half was pretty much a cake walk to make it to the final four. This can be rationalized by the score of the championship game. Scott Co. beat Lexington Christian by 33.
goodguy Wrote:South Laurel is not as strong as usual, I agree there's a new sheriff in town.

But, when Cumberland played Tates Creek they were missing their star player "Sparks" due to an injury in a game after the South Laurel game.

Also, the bottom half of the bracket at the state tournament was no where as loaded as the top half of the bracket.

The top half of the bracket had Scott Co., Boone Co. Knox Central, June Buchanan, Elliott Co. and Fern Creek.

The bottom half was pretty much a cake walk to make it to the final four. This can be rationalized by the score of the championship game. Scott Co. beat Lexington Christian by 33.

Well Cumberland was also without 2 big parts of their lineup in Paul David Creech and Brooks Hogue who were out with back and ankle injuries and Cumberland still amde it to the Final Four and should hav fairly easily defeated LCA.
goodguy Wrote:South Laurel is not as strong as usual, I agree there's a new sheriff in town.

What year did you get those scores? According to the KHSAA website, the championship game wasnt even between Scott Co. and Lexington Christian last season. It was no where near a 33 point spread either.

Also, South Laurel got be by 10 by Shelby Valley this morning. I dont think SL ever had the lead.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:What year did you get those scores? According to the KHSAA website, the championship game wasnt even between Scott Co. and Lexington Christian last season. It was no where near a 33 point spread either.

Also, South Laurel got be by 10 by Shelby Valley this morning. I dont think SL ever had the lead.

These scores and results are referencing the KY High School AAU State Tournament held at KBA in Lexington last weekend.

I didnt realize that Tates Creek was such a one man team???? Also, Cumberland was without a 3 year starter (Brooks Hogue) a very important part of their team along with one of their best shooters (PD Creech) who will either start or be 6th man and their only inside reserve (Blake Polson). As for the bottom brackett, there may have been some weak teams, but Cumberland didnt get the benefit of playing any of them. Tates Creek will be a top 15 team next year and Franklin Simpson will win 20 plus games and battle for a Regional Championship next year also. LCA also did have to beat a very good Montgomery County team. Also, in regard to the Championship game, it was LCA's 5th tournament game compared to being the 4th game for Scott County
Harlan Man Wrote:I didnt realize that Tates Creek was such a one man team???? Also, Cumberland was without a 3 year starter (Brooks Hogue) a very important part of their team along with one of their best shooters (PD Creech) who will either start or be 6th man and their only inside reserve (Blake Polson). As for the bottom brackett, there may have been some weak teams, but Cumberland didnt get the benefit of playing any of them. Tates Creek will be a top 15 team next year and Franklin Simpson will win 20 plus games and battle for a Regional Championship next year also. LCA also did have to beat a very good Montgomery County team.

I agree with everything your are saying, I was just stating some facts. I did not say Cumberland was not a good team. I'm sure every team participating in the tournament was short players due to vacations, injuries and football.
goodguy Wrote:I agree with everything your are saying, I was just stating some facts. I did not say Cumberland was not a good team. I'm sure every team participating in the tournament was short players due to vacations, injuries and football.

How is Cumberlands summer ball going? I am sorry if I overlooked it somewhere.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:How is Cumberlands summer ball going? I am sorry if I overlooked it somewhere.
19-3 was their final record.
MakeItRain23 Wrote:19-3 was their final record.

Thanks!!
MakeItRain23 Wrote:19-3 was their final record.

sounds good but alot could change b4 season starts