Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Seniors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was a lot of good tanlet in the 14th region this year.I was wondering if any of them are playin on the next level and if anyone knew where.Heres a list of players that i would like to know if they are playin next yr and where.
Brandon Smith (KCC)
Eric Kirby (Estill)
A.J. Spare (Hazard)
Jared Meehan (Hazard)
Corey Gamble (Cordia)
Colby Hoskins (Hazard)
Schyler Sexton (Letcher)
Jon Bowling ( Perry)
Jonathon Tucker (LCC)
Ronnie Noplis (Perry)
Corey Benningfield (Powell)
Matt Reed (Powell)
Ryan Hall (Knott)
Nick Shuler (Lee Co.)
Trey Congleton (Owsley)
Shannon Roberts ( Leslie)
Brain Hubbard ( Leslie )

Or any other player that is from the 14th goin to play college ball.
Reed will be attending Morehead St. just to go to school no baseball. Benningfield is currently trying to get on at Breschia pending his ACT, and Logan King from Powell is attending Union College to play baseball. I would imagine that Ryan Hall will go to Alice LLoyd along with Tyler Sewell from Estill. Just a guess a lot of KCC guys go there because its close to home.
RollEm97 Wrote:Reed will be attending Morehead St. just to go to school no baseball. Benningfield is currently trying to get on at Breschia pending his ACT, and Logan King from Powell is attending Union College to play baseball. I would imagine that Ryan Hall will go to Alice LLoyd along with Tyler Sewell from Estill. Just a guess a lot of KCC guys go there because its close to home.

Thanks!
RollEm97 Wrote:Reed will be attending Morehead St. just to go to school no baseball. Benningfield is currently trying to get on at Breschia pending his ACT, and Logan King from Powell is attending Union College to play baseball. I would imagine that Ryan Hall will go to Alice LLoyd along with Tyler Sewell from Estill. Just a guess a lot of KCC guys go there because its close to home.

Yes, all is true.

uk96

Thats a good thing about baseball in that there are alot of scholarships available to mountain kids.
uk96 Wrote:Thats a good thing about baseball in that there are alot of scholarships available to mountain kids.

So True!
Benningfield has signed a letter of intent with Brescia to play baseball.
I am very happy for corey i was worried about him getting to play ball for 4 more years because he loves the game more than anyone i have met, not only that but he can get a great education and make something out of his self.
hes just got to buckle down and stay with it, i know how much he will miss home.
MVP2 Wrote:There was a lot of good tanlet in the 14th region this year.I was wondering if any of them are playin on the next level and if anyone knew where.Heres a list of players that i would like to know if they are playin next yr and where.
Brandon Smith (KCC)
Eric Kirby (Estill)
A.J. Spare (Hazard)
Jared Meehan (Hazard)
Corey Gamble (Cordia)
Colby Hoskins (Hazard)
Schyler Sexton (Letcher)
Jon Bowling ( Perry)
Jonathon Tucker (LCC)
Ronnie Noplis (Perry)
Corey Benningfield (Powell)
Matt Reed (Powell)
Ryan Hall (Knott)
Nick Shuler (Lee Co.)
Trey Congleton (Owsley)
Shannon Roberts ( Leslie)
Brain Hubbard ( Leslie )

Or any other player that is from the 14th goin to play college ball.

Hubbard...University of the Cumberlands (football)
Hall...Ohio Valley Univ.
Baker (Leslie)...Morehead State Univ. (football)
Meehan...Alice Lloyd College
Spare...Pikeville College
Tucker...Pikeville College
Adams (Letcher)...Pikeville College
Sewell (Estill)...Alice Lloyd College
King (Powell)...Union College
Benningfield...Brescia College
Schyler Sexton (LCC) - Is looking at Cumberland, he went over and practiced with them. He made the cut, he said he liked it.

Jonathan Tucker (LCC) - Has signed to play football at Pikeville, but I believe that he will be playing baseball.

Jon Adams (LCC) - Has signed to play football at Pikeville, I predict that he may play baseball instead. There was talk that he may go to UVA-Wise, but I doubt that he has changed his mind.
rawlingsfan Wrote:Hubbard...University of the Cumberlands (football)
Hall...Ohio Valley Univ.
Baker (Leslie)...Morehead State Univ. (football)
Meehan...Alice Lloyd College
Spare...Pikeville College
Tucker...Pikeville College
Adams (Letcher)...Pikeville College
Sewell (Estill)...Alice Lloyd College
King (Powell)...Union College
Benningfield...Brescia College

Im glad to hear these local kids are playin which ever sport at the next level!!!........but when u said Hall goin to Ohio Valley, was you talkin bout Ryan Hall from Kcc? because i was told other day hes goin to ALC along with teamate Brandon Smith.
MVP2 Wrote:Im glad to hear these local kids are playin which ever sport at the next level!!!........but when u said Hall goin to Ohio Valley, was you talkin bout Ryan Hall from Kcc? because i was told other day hes goin to ALC along with teamate Brandon Smith.

Yes, Ryan Hall is going to Ohio Valley.

As for Smith, not sure what he is going to do. I haven't heard anything.
Brandon Smith is opening the year at HCC to get his grades up and Ryan Hall is signed or will sign with Ohio Valley and Hoskins had a tryout with UK. He is going there for school hoping to walk on.
Thanks for the update.
wildcatman Wrote:Brandon Smith is opening the year at HCC to get his grades up and Ryan Hall is signed or will sign with Ohio Valley and Hoskins had a tryout with UK. He is going there for school hoping to walk on.
Good luck to Hoskins, And what is HCC??
Hazard Community College
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Hazard Community College
No baseball team there right?
Godspeed Wrote:No baseball team there right?

Nope.
the first semester is to get his grades up and then to transfer kinda like tyler turner did for the eagles last year. only he had to transfer for other reasons
wildcatman Wrote:the first semester is to get his grades up and then to transfer kinda like tyler turner did for the eagles last year. only he had to transfer for other reasons

Girlfriend reasons.
baseball_dad Wrote:Girlfriend reasons.
You can't be serious..
tyler turner had to get a job ok he had a lot of health problems in his family that caused him to need to be able to have some finances. Now he is at alc and playing on the baseball team. lets hope the best for those who are now moving on to the next level and leave the ones that have proven thereself out of this.
I know all about Turner's issues. It was commindable what he did for his family. Takes a good person and a dedicated family member to give up something that they love. Maybe I was harsh in saying GF problems, but that was what I was told before the family issue came up.
baseball_dad Wrote:I know all about Turner's issues. It was commindable what he did for his family. Takes a good person and a dedicated family member to give up something that they love. Maybe I was harsh in saying GF problems, but that was what I was told before the family issue came up.
Ahhh I see. That was a very respectable thing for such a young man to do. You definitely see that very often. And so he is now playing at Alice Lloyd??
wildcatman Wrote:tyler turner had to get a job ok he had a lot of health problems in his family that caused him to need to be able to have some finances. Now he is at alc and playing on the baseball team. lets hope the best for those who are now moving on to the next level and leave the ones that have proven thereself out of this.
but in the same since why isnt he returning for the eagles this year........we will miss him at third and on the mound. he could have really helped us out this year
Cory Benningfield just signed with Alice Lloyd.