Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Rosie O'Donnell Going To Take Over The Price Is Right?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Show that Bob Barker built could possible turn into the worst shows ever? well thats what will happen if she gets to be the host. Anyone but her!
From the article, Bob seems to support Rosie taking over.
Nobody can takes Bob's place ... I will miss him
Wow i wouldn't want to see such a good respectable show be taken over by such a lunatic. O'hurley would be the best for the job in my opinion.
If that does happen, Ill guarantee you the award winning days of TPIR are over. Jeez. Please not Rosie. Please keep her off of TV..PLEASE. Just wait until "Ms Funny HaHa" turns TPIR into a civil rights jokefest. Nailing Bush at every spin. Surely people wont allow this to happen. Happy needs to knock some sense into Bob for supporting this!
Boooooo!
tell me you didn"t just say that this would be a sad day.
I say just cancel the show or have reruns at the same time every day, Bob was the only person who could ever host this show the way it should have been hosted and anyone else would just be plain boring. I mean come on someone else hosting the price is right in Bob Barker Studios will be like when someone takes over for Joe Pa at Penn State or when Coach K is done at Duke, it just will never be the same at those 2 places again.
The show would go into the crapper at lightning speed if she becomes the new host. I know she does have a lot of fans, but she also has a lot of others that can't stand her (like me). She is such a polarizing figure, I just can't see why CBS would consider tabbing her to replace a man that almost everybody loved.
I hope not Watch the show as much as I can, But is SHE takes it over no more watching. She is a lunatic.
Rosie O'Donnell. Come on.....anybody but her!
Word is that Barker endorses her and that she's met with show executives.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Word is that Barker endorses her and that she's met with show executives.

Bob may endorse her, but that still doesn't make it a good choice. Someone as polarizing as Rosie brings out strong feelings in people (either good or bad), and I don't think that's a good move for TPIR. When I watch it, I don't want to get bombarded with someone's political views, I just want to see the Swiss hiker go over the cliff. Big Grin

At least with Bob, the only agenda you heard him mention was about spaying and neutering your pets, which most people would agree with anyway.
Either cancel or get someone else.I'm not a Rosie hater.But she is NOT the right person for this job. I love TPIR. I went to the show summer of 92 when I lived in CA. Loved it.
I heard that Rich Fields may take over, one could only hope.
Rosie is horrible
More Cowbell Wrote:Bob may endorse her, but that still doesn't make it a good choice. Someone as polarizing as Rosie brings out strong feelings in people (either good or bad), and I don't think that's a good move for TPIR. When I watch it, I don't want to get bombarded with someone's political views, I just want to see the Swiss hiker go over the cliff. Big Grin

At least with Bob, the only agenda you heard him mention was about spaying and neutering your pets, which most people would agree with anyway.

How much harm can she really do by telling people to spin a wheel or put a ball in a hole?

There's really not even a moment in the show that she would have to voice her opinions.
ComfortEagle Wrote:How much harm can she really do by telling people to spin a wheel or put a ball in a hole?

There's really not even a moment in the show that she would have to voice her opinions.
I think that's what everybody is worried about-She will try to make the show her own,and turn it into something fans of TPIR are not use to.
Advance Eagles Wrote:I think that's what everybody is worried about-She will try to make the show her own,and turn it into something fans of TPIR are not use to.

It's game show, I don't think the producers would let her turn it into a talk show. The View was a talkshow and that's what she did, but TPIR has no forum for that. I don't think she will turn it into her own show, but if she is hired, I also don't think ratings will change very much. Yes, she may cause some viewers to stop watching, but at the same time I think some viewers will start watching the show...if for no other reason than to see if she makes any ridiculous comments.
Let's wait and see.:wash:
ComfortEagle Wrote:How much harm can she really do by telling people to spin a wheel or put a ball in a hole?

If all she did was tell people how to play the games there wouldn't be a problem, but I think it's a valid concern that she would use the show as a forum to express her political views. I doubt any fans of the show want to see that.

This has nothing to do with my own political views, either. I'm more of a moderate, and I wouldn't exactly want Bill O'Reilly hosting the show either.
Ah, I wouldnt worry that much about it. She'll screw it up. She's a screw up. She'll eventually open that fat pie hole because she cant keep it closed long enough to know she's got a good thing going, and she'll get kicked off the show. Then somebody else will give that nasty piece of garbage ANOTHER job, and she'll screw that up too..
More Cowbell Wrote:If all she did was tell people how to play the games there wouldn't be a problem, but I think it's a valid concern that she would use the show as a forum to express her political views. I doubt any fans of the show want to see that.

This has nothing to do with my own political views, either. I'm more of a moderate, and I wouldn't exactly want Bill O'Reilly hosting the show either.
Someone will come on the show with a "Support Our Troops" shirt on and she'll get started on how we're killing innocent people over in Iraq and that our soldiers are the sinners, all that BS she likes to yap about.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Someone will come on the show with a "Support Our Troops" shirt on and she'll get started on how we're killing innocent people over in Iraq and that our soldiers are the sinners, all that BS she likes to yap about.

You know, I hadn't thought about that potential scenario. I don't think she'd say anything that bad about the troops, but if someone did come on stage with a shirt that mentioned anything else that she is opposed to (say, the NRA), she might be tempted to say something.

Then again, the producers may screen out what audience members are wearing to prevent such as situation.
Uh, I don't think I've ever seen someone come on with a shirt that didn't say something like "Bob, pick me!" or something similar.
A lot of the contestants do wear some goofy-looking shirts. Do you think the producers would tell someone that had a potentially politically-charged shirt on to change it or go home? I think they might, so as to not offend any TV viewers...
More Cowbell Wrote:A lot of the contestants do wear some goofy-looking shirts. Do you think the producers would tell someone that had a potentially politically-charged shirt on to change it or go home? I think they might, so as to not offend any TV viewers...

The producers would give someone a shirt before telling them to go home. Some of those people camp out for days for a taping of the show because they give out more tickets for each show than the studio can hold.
I can't imagine Rosie getting that gig. I only know one person who likes her; everyone else I know hates her & not because of her politics or sexual orientation. She just strikes so many people the wrong way. I imagine she is as disliked as any celebrity-in the same league with Paris Hilton & Tom Cruise and IMO being likeable is the primary talent needed for the show.
GB1 Wrote:I can't imagine Rosie getting that gig. I only know one person who likes her; everyone else I know hates her & not because of her politics or sexual orientation. She just strikes so many people the wrong way. I imagine she is as disliked as any celebrity-in the same league with Paris Hilton & Tom Cruise and IMO being likeable is the primary talent needed for the show.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that hardly anyone likes her, because I know she has her fans and I believe her talk show used to pull in good ratings. That said, there are just as many people like me who can't stand her, which can't be good for the show's image. Like you said, the host needs to be someone who is eminently likeable to all people.
Pages: 1 2