Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hammonds Leaving KCC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
MVP2 Wrote:I'd say when Hammonds does leave, Couch will be the next skipper at KCC. I heard during the summer that Jamie Couch was gonna be the coach if Hammonds went to GRC or whereever it was he was suposed to go to.

Yes, that is what I heard too, also heard Couch's assistant coach Paige Maggard would be helping him out if Hammonds does leave.
Coach Hammonds is the face of Baseball in Knott County.
He was forced out threw Politics.
With out Coach Hammonds Knott County would not have that beautiful field they have.
He is the best baseball coach in the state.
I was on the team in the early 80's and i enjoyed playing for him and i would not know what i know about baseball if it was not for him.
We all love you Coach.
bobby1 Wrote:Coach Hammonds is the face of Baseball in Knott County. I agree. Change can be good, though.
With out Coach Hammonds Knott County would not have that beautiful field they have. True. Without Gary, the baseball field would have never seen the light of day.
He is the best baseball coach in the state. No, not even close. Not anymore.
I was on the team in the early 80's and i enjoyed playing for him and i would not know what i know about baseball if it was not for him.
We all love you Coach.

:thumpsup:
bobby1 Wrote:Coach Hammonds is the face of Baseball in Knott County.
With out Coach Hammonds Knott County would not have that beautiful field they have.
We all love you Coach.

I agree, he is a very good coach, I hope to see him again next season I know he will be there this season.
bobby1 Wrote:Coach Hammonds is the face of Baseball in Knott County.
We all love you Coach.

If he was forced out by politics why is he still at KCC?
Benchwarmer Wrote:If he was forced out by politics why is he still at KCC?
Because we got rid of the people that was in office and then we were able to get him back. If you know Patriot baseball like i do then you would know the rest of the story also.
GO PATRIOTS AND STAY COACH HAMMONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whats Hammond's record in the past 6 years or so?
MVP2 Wrote:I'd say when Hammonds does leave, Couch will be the next skipper at KCC. I heard during the summer that Jamie Couch was gonna be the coach if Hammonds went to GRC or whereever it was he was suposed to go to.
No one can replace Coach Hammonds they can only hope to fill in for him.
Jamie Coach shouldnt get the job with the scandal that he had a few years ago. I will give you a name that could do the job well is Reggie Hall.
bobby1 Wrote:No one can replace Coach Hammonds they can only hope to fill in for him.
Jamie Coach shouldnt get the job with the scandal that he had a few years ago. I will give you a name that could do the job well is Reggie Hall.

WHAT! Reggie Hall? Come on. He is not even qualified to coach HS baseball. He was a great little league coach and I'm sure that he would do OK on the HS level, still, he needs to be certified.

I know the contraversy you are speaking of and it had nothing to do with Jamie. Hammonds couldn't deal with the problem so he sent Couch to do it knowing that he hadn't been coaching the team long enough to take care of such a problem. Jamie should be coaching the team this season. That's how KCC handles things, though. More power to them.
bobby1 Wrote:No one can replace Coach Hammonds they can only hope to fill in for him.

As far as Jamie you better watch how personal you get on here.
Benchwarmer Wrote:As far as Jamie you better watch how personal you get on here.

Why you say that for?
So whst is the deal with all of this? This has been an ONGOING process for 8 months now. Is he coaching or not?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:So whst is the deal with all of this? This has been an ONGOING process for 8 months now. Is he coaching or not?

Yes Hammonds, Will be the coach at KCC this year!
Thank you MVP2!, lol..
Spartan4Life Wrote:Yes, that is what I heard too, also heard Couch's assistant coach Paige Maggard would be helping him out if Hammonds does leave.

Paige won't leave his softball girls. I have talked to him about that.
BlackKnight8 Wrote:whats Hammond's record in the past 6 years or so?

07 8-19
06 12-21
05 17-22
04 10-27
03 3-14
02 7-19
Thats 57 wins and 122 loses.
Benchwarmer Wrote:07 8-19
06 12-21
05 17-22
04 10-27
03 3-14
02 7-19

Looks like to be he's done.
Here is some info you all would love to hear. Hammonds went on a rant about supporting our school and got to talking about baseball. He said he loved KCC but is recieving offers from many schools. Mostly schools from central kentucky. I can't say what schools because I am not sure but they are county schools. He said he couldn't accept some of the jobs because they wouldn't give him the teaching position he wanted. Ive heard that he is interested in Alice Lloyd College.
Benchwarmer Wrote:07 8-19
06 12-21
05 17-22
04 10-27
03 3-14
02 7-19

thanks for the records.........by my calculations thats under a 30% win percentage in the past 6 years............blame it on what you want, but numbers don't lie
BlackKnight8 Wrote:thanks for the records.........by my calculations thats under a 30% win percentage in the past 6 years............blame it on what you want, but numbers don't lie

But if hammonds leaves on his own or if he is forced out people say it's about politics not what his record shows.
Therunner Wrote:Here is some info you all would love to hear. Hammonds went on a rant about supporting our school and got to talking about baseball. He said he loved KCC but is recieving offers from many schools. Mostly schools from central kentucky. I can't say what schools because I am not sure but they are county schools. He said he couldn't accept some of the jobs because they wouldn't give him the teaching position he wanted. Ive heard that he is interested in Alice Lloyd College.

Is he going back to get a degree in something other than education? Last I heard Scott Cornett was still the head coach at ALC.
MVP2 Wrote:Yes Hammonds, Will be the coach at KCC this year!
So this is the reason the Potter kid is at JBS???????? Someone said the 11pm practices were interfering with his grades...........looks like those practices werent doing anyone good......with th 07 recorord and all.........something the great coach might want to change???????????
I have been reading these posts for awhile. I decided to pick yours to reply, not because I disagree with any thing you say, but on this page I would like to feel I am talking with a person with a modicum of decency. Having to read this stuff for 8 months ? This is a great place to dialogue on a variety of thoughts and events, not to continually to attack someone personally. I will expect the venom to be poured out on this, but I do not intend, nor will I, engage in a "back-in-forth" after this. I have looked some things up,talked to a lot and listened a lot. There seems to be a couple of people that continually stay on one topic. I have found that the information on the KHSAA website is not always correct or up to date. The KHSAA depends on people getting information to them and updating that information when necessary. This does not always get done. Looking at schedules, even though the overall talent level was not what was usual, the scheduling stayed tough. Knott has been in the region 6 times in 8 years-3 of those as Champions. There are 8 teams that make it to the region each year, one team goes on. There are a lot of teams that never win a district or a region, or even get to a region. I have not seen anything said about them. But then, there shoudn't be. There should only be encouragement to them for working hard and their efforts. I have also noticed that one of these people claims to be from another region,but never offers any criticisms or knowledgable information from there. This person's obsession is in a region not their own ?? I will say this, let this rest and leave it the way it is. I will end with these things that I know, that others know: [1] Coach Hammonds is not "full of himself"-he always gives credit to the players. [2] Coach Hammonds has not " been offered many jobs by many schools"-and has never said this. [3] Wherever he coached this summer,he did say "he had the most fun coaching that he had in a while"; said that to a lot of people who asked. [4] Coach Hammonds will probably retire from baseball at Knott Co. after this year. [5] Coach Hammonds and Jamie Couch are good friends and Coach Hammonds supports Couch 100% to take the baseball. [6] Coach Hammonds and Coach Scott Cornett are the best of friends [7] If you have a problem with Coach Hammonds it will be about attitude and work habits-if you are a player / if a parent-because you may have an unreal expectancy of your son's talent [8] you cannot pay or bigshot your son onto the field-he has to earn it. Finally,all the players, coaches,umpires, everyday people that really know Coach Hammonds will not lose their respect because of something they read on here.
What I posted above was all true and I have heard it. The Alice Lloyd College statement was something someone has told me. Hammonds is a great teacher , from what I here a great coach and I highly respect him. Hes got a great history, playing minor league ball for 2 years.
Hermit, there isn't much to say since you won't reply, anyway here it goes.

I'm not originally from the 15th, I'm from the 14th region area. I'm still learning the programs here in the 15th while I keep up with the 14th. My knowledge of baseball is across the state. I never played for Knott, nor did my kids. I was a part of the program at one time and everything I have said is true. So, take it for what you will. He was once a great coach and now he's just mediocre. He should have had, at least, 5-8 kids that should be playing college ball somewhere. There are 2. Why? I can only guess. And the reason He's not gone now is that the school doesn't care about the baseball program. Only football and basketball. Look what the football team has done in the past 10 years to what the baseball program has done in the same time period.

Hammonds will not go to ALC. If he goes anywhere it will be at a high school somewhere in the upper part of the state.
Why is this thread even still open? Coach is going to be at KCC this
year, that's pretty clear!
what has the football team done in the last ten years. one play off appearance under coach cobb. Kcc has dropped off in all areas and it is becuase there is not the population there that once was. Like everywhere else in eastern ky we have lost a lot of middle class and that is where the majority of your hard working athletes are. I am not saying that the athletes are all gone but a large number of them are!. I coached at KCC for a couple of years and really loved it but I think that mid 90's saw the end of the really solid athletes at KCC. JBS has started to pick up what they used to get and their isn't enough talent to go around.
yes hammonds is still teaching at kcc ....im one of his students and it appears to me that he is coaching kcc baseball considering hes always ordering equipment and getting equipment delievered to him....just last week he was ording and choosing the caps for the team
Well, it is amazing what you can find out if you ask. I am trying to figure out how a person can have been a great coach at one time and now be mediocre. Eight players from Knott should be playing college baseball ? I find that one of last years seniors is playing; one chose to attend U.K.had an academic scholarship[ I think] rather than play somewhere else; one turned down an offer to stay at home; one had a low ACT score; two only played two years -no offers;I don't know about the other two. You blame the coach for that ? You admit you never played there nor your kids. Yet, you say you were in the program. As what ? If a person is not involved day-to-day you will not know what went down or how things were done. According to the KHSAA website, this will be Coach Hammonds 26th year as coach. My source, who keeps up close with the team, says that Hammonds has had only 2-3 assistants-one there a real long time. He is a State Policeman posted in Richmond and played for four years. I would think he would know quite a lot. A question bugs me, in a 2 region area you can find only one "mediocre" coach to rag on ?? That should tell there is some other agenda here. So, that is it for me, I don't have anything else to contribute to this. THE END
hermit Wrote:Well, it is amazing what you can find out if you ask. I am trying to figure out how a person can have been a great coach at one time and now be mediocre. Eight players from Knott should be playing college baseball ? I find that one of last years seniors is playing; one chose to attend U.K.had an academic scholarship[ I think] rather than play somewhere else; one turned down an offer to stay at home; one had a low ACT score; two only played two years -no offers;I don't know about the other two. You blame the coach for that ? You admit you never played there nor your kids. Yet, you say you were in the program. As what ? If a person is not involved day-to-day you will not know what went down or how things were done. According to the KHSAA website, this will be Coach Hammonds 26th year as coach. My source, who keeps up close with the team, says that Hammonds has had only 2-3 assistants-one there a real long time. He is a State Policeman posted in Richmond and played for four years. I would think he would know quite a lot. A question bugs me, in a 2 region area you can find only one "mediocre" coach to rag on ?? That should tell there is some other agenda here. So, that is it for me, I don't have anything else to contribute to this. THE END

I thought you were done the last time? Oh well.....

I didn't say that I was an assistant. And I didn't mean that the 2007 team should have had 8 players playing college ball. In the past 10 years there should be or have been. I believe that there is a total of 4-5. Heck, within the past 10 years, he should have had more than 8. There are more mediocre coaches out there in the 2 regions. They just don't last as long. And, if I'm not mistaken, I said that he was once a great coach, just not now. And, some of these guys may have chosen to take a different path. Still, the ones that wanted to play could have had more help with Hammonds giving college coaches the info on these young men. I know of one that had the help, for whatever reason that was, to get on a team. And as you said the others had differing paths to take. Two more could be playing somewhere with the encouragement. They didn't get that.

I, too, am growing tired of this discussion. My point is clear, there have been a lot of great players to go through the baseball program at Knott. Some were DI-DII caliber players. Others NAIA-JUCO. Most of these guys didn't get there. How many other programs around the 14th have had players to go to Morehead, Eastern, and so on? They had the coaches to give those kids the incentive to play, the encouragement to play, and the phone calls to college coaches. The proof is in the pudding Hermit. Quit drinking the kool aid you are being served. It's not very good for you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5