Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Where Are the Former Little League W.S. Champs from Louisville at?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was just sitting here wondering where and how players like Alvey and Osbourne are playing and what kind of year did they have. What grade are they in? Just some info on these kids from Louisville who won the Little League World Series with Louisville Valley Sport.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Was just sitting here wondering where and how players like Alvey and Osbourne are playing and what kind of year did they have. What grade are they in? Just some info on these kids from Louisville who won the Little League World Series with Louisville Valley Sport.
I believe that Osborne just finished his Jr season as the SS gor PRP. Heard he was ranked nationally as number 11 in his class. Not sure if Alvey is still playing baseball, but is supposed to be a good football player. Not sure what school though, also heard he might not be acc. eligible.
if i not mistaking, i believe the kid who pitched the opening round game for PRP wednesday was Wes Walden, who i think maybe played first base for that Valley Sports team? also recognized Justin Elkins in the boxscore, he played some outfield for that team i believe. man, what a team that was.
my bad, jus checked the boxscores, walden played CF mainly.
Most are at either PRP or Butler. I heard a couple years after they won it that Alvey had some arm problems. But Osbourne is a fine athlete and could go very far if he stays healthy.
Alvey has a kid now from what I gather and the 3rd basemen from PRP who's name escape's me was part of the L'ville team that won it all.
I saw Osborne play...i doubt if he is #11 nationaly at his position he is a very small kid and didnt impress that much with the bat. For his stature he is a great hitter and great fielder but cant compare to the guys with the god given body types for other SS's
That was an awesome team.
Yes it was! Not just because they were a team from Ky, but IMO, that team was the most exciting team that I have ever seen! And the way everyone was rooting for them! Just awesome!