Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NASCAR and Kentucky Speedway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For several years now, the BEST Busch race has been at Kentucky Speedway. The biggest track on the Busch circuit without a Cup race. While Brian France is desperately trying to take NASCAR out of the south (and unfortunately somewhat succeeding), unfortunately we get stuck with such snoozers as Vegas (the worst race of the year), 2 in Phoenix, 2 in Michigan, Chicagoland, Kansas, and 2 races at California Speedway. Why not take one of the Michigan races, the same weekend as the Busch and hold a date for a Cup race at Kentucky? There are plans for a 35,000 seat expansion (the facility holds 70,000 currently and has sold out every single Busch event), and I will GUARANTEE YOU that you'll see 105,000 at every Busch event until another expansion. Ford rents out the track to test every Tuesday, and Bobby Hamilton, Jr says fans will walk away from even the Busch race saying its the best race theyve ever seen. Tony Stewart, Mark Martin, and many other drivers swear by the track, and given the positive notes, its a wonder if the only reason there ISNT a race there is because of the unwillingness of Brian France to put a race in this part of the country. Yes, NASCAR has gotten bigger, made billions, and has "globalized", but by doing that, removed some damn good racing in the south (Rockingham, North Wilksboro, etc) so barely half sold out California can enjoy two races a year. It looks like Brian France could learn from 165,000+ from Bristol, that given a Cup race in Sparta, that Kentucky Speedway would hold 160 or 170,000 within 6 or 8 years and would be every bit the hot ticket to get as the Bristol race. I agree that 36 races a year is a lot, and nobodys asking NASCAR to extend the schedule (which I could watch it year round), but please take one race from any of the above mentioned circuits and give Kentucky its race. I mean, theres maybe a handful of people in America that would actually miss the Vegas race, or Michigan. Or California. You know what Im saying. France might call it De-globalizing, but he'd be putting a MUCH better quality race on the schedule. A race people could watch without falling asleep.
Was that you or someone on here that came up and said hi to me after the race?? I was so tired that it didn't even cross my mind to ask (plus I feel kind of rude).
I went to the first ever race at Kentucky Speedway. It was a truck race and I think Greg Biffle won it. I loved it and I would go to the race every year that I could if the Nextel Cup came to Sparta...
i agree Brian France is a sorry s.o.b. i went Rockingham it was great race and they could do away with both road course races and add Kentucky to the schedule and did i mention F- Brian France yankee bastard.
Plus it was noted that, for drivers getting to a racetrack that KY Speedway tops any speedway on the curcuit! A BIG MAJOR PLUS!
I agree with you bro. The Rock's a great track, and a lot of classic races and memorable moments happened at that track. Brian France has taken this globalization shit too far IMO. I dont mind a road course, I just want to get rid of Vegas, or Chicagoland, or Kansas, those tracks that are 7000 feet wide and the winning margin is 5 freakin minutes from first to second place.
rallo316 Wrote:i agree Brian France is a sorry s.o.b. i went Rockingham it was great race and they could do away with both road course races and add Kentucky to the schedule and did i mention F- Brian France yankee bastard.
yeah theres a bunch of positives going Kentucky Speedway's way. They (Speedway Corp.) say that there are too many tracks in that general area, which is garbage. Anybody wants to see how the state of Kentucky loves racing, just watch the next Busch race at Sparta and those 70,000+ treat that race like a Cup race..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Plus it was noted that, for drivers getting to a racetrack that KY Speedway tops any speedway on the curcuit! A BIG MAJOR PLUS!