Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How good can you be with no head coach as late as June???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No weightlifting, No Spring ball, No 7 on 7's and foremost NO HEAD COACH.
Realistically, How good can a team be with no off-season work or spring ball????
Mentally, How does it affect things not having a coach even as late as June???:confused:
Sad Sad Sad Just doesn't sound good IMO at all.
Is this about Morgan Co?

Hopefully the kids would still be working out/training on their own. Granted they can't practice and learn a system.
It couan apply to Morgan, Phelps, East Ridge, also
well at ER, Eric Ratliff is still having us lift on tusedays and thursdays. we ahd sum spring practice and some speed traning also.
Remember, this happened to me last year at Betsy Layne. I came in after the dead period. We only won one game, but we were competitive in about 80% of them in the first half. We lost four of them by two TD's or less. It can be done!
As long as a program has some good assistant coaches to keep the program going during the hiring process, there shouldn't be a great deal of problems. You're only allowed to practice plays during spring ball during the offseason, so that will affect the curve of learning the playbook a little, but not a whole lot as opposed to any other team getting a new head coach.
CoachB Wrote:Remember, this happened to me last year at Betsy Layne. I came in after the dead period. We only won one game, but we were competitive in about 80% of them in the first half. We lost four of them by two TD's or less. It can be done!

the only thing betsy layne had was a little will power and motivation..they did good under the circumstances they were under. But the only thing i can say is no hope at all.
CoachB Wrote:Remember, this happened to me last year at Betsy Layne. I came in after the dead period. We only won one game, but we were competitive in about 80% of them in the first half. We lost four of them by two TD's or less. It can be done!
Coach B,
No disrespect intended but I think you proved the point of the thread...No matter how good a team is, without offseason conditioning and lifting, that team will be beaten in the 2nd half or in the 4th quarter.
None taken Fox! It also serves as a wake up call for the young men who are returning the following years. It gives them an idea of what needs to be done. It really hurts the seniors on the team, as the HC pushes the colleges during the junior year. We were fortunate this year to get 3 of 6 signed to play college ball.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Coach B,
No disrespect intended but I think you proved the point of the thread...No matter how good a team is, without offseason conditioning and lifting, that team will be beaten in the 2nd half or in the 4th quarter.
And that is what it is all about! Getting these kids ready for the next level and becoming MEN! Coach B, Know I have said it NUMEROUS times, but you have done a helluva job in the duration that you have been there. And I think this year it is going to payoff with something that Betsy Layne hasn't done in a long time..AND THAT IS THE PLAYOFFS! I know I would like to see it for you and your guys! Good Luck to you and all teams and players this season!
you can"t win championships in three months off season workouts is what builds champions.
rallo316 Wrote:you can"t win championships in three months off season workouts is what builds champions.
This is 100% true. 1-9 is awefull but that's what happens when you get started when football season starts and not in the winter.
IT CAN BE DONE, 1-9 BUT THAT IS TERRIBLE.
warriorpride Wrote:well at ER, Eric Ratliff is still having us lift on tusedays and thursdays. we ahd sum spring practice and some speed traning also.

we havent done none of this except practice about two times
taylin_23 Wrote:we havent done none of this except practice about two times

I dont know who "we" are but I have been at ER lifting every Tuesday and Thursday. We might not have had as many Spring Practices as Eric Ratliff wanted us too but when we dindt have it we made up for it in the gym.
It's not good when the East Ridge brethren are fighting amongst each other over whether they practiced or not. Good comical stuff right here on this thread.
[quote=warriorpride]I dont know who "we" are but I have been at ER lifting every Tuesday and Thursday. We might not have had as many Spring Practices as Eric Ratliff wanted us too but when we dindt have it we made up for it in the gym.[/Q

who all is there
How about Phelps, I havnet even heard rumors from there?
champion24 Wrote:who all is there

Well I was there the day after summer school and a few people were there. Brad was there some freshman were there not alot were there tho and some of the basketball players were there lifting as well.

bigpun Wrote:It's not good when the East Ridge brethren are fighting amongst each other over whether they practiced or not. Good comical stuff right here on this thread.

I dont even kno who that is, it whould be diffrent If I knew who it was up but I dont.
warriorpride Wrote:I dont even kno who that is, it whould be diffrent If I knew who it was up but I dont.
First off I don't care warriorpride. Second of all unless you are a year in year out powerhouse and state contender then you probably will struggle more so than in a normal year with a more tenured coach. It takes more than a couple of months to build team chemistry and learn two new playbooks.
bigpun Wrote:First off I don't care warriorpride. Second of all unless you are a year in year out powerhouse and state contender then you probably will struggle more so than in a normal year with a more tenured coach. It takes more than a couple of months to build team chemistry and learn two new playbooks.

Look here man dont tell me that we dont have team chemistry, thats total bullsh** ok. I whould give everybit of my energy to help my fellow team mates and I know they whould do the same for me. I think of my teammates like brothers, we have plently of team chemistry and well have to except the new freshman coming into the warrior family just like others on the team. I know with a new coach we will have to learn a new playbook but we can handle it.
Keep it cool guys.
That team chemistry won you what 3-4 games last year?
Man oh Man... LOLOL.....
SOOOOO....................
Anything new besides practice can start in what??? July???
Dead period begins next week and these teams that don't have coaches need to get on the horn and get someone hired.
whenever coach jones came into powell county i think in july, they came out with 4 wins, 3 wins that were comebacks, and they only missed the playoffs by a touchdown. so yea, if ur ood enough, and u got enough heart, it will and can happen.
I think it really depends on where you are at. If you are at let's say Trinity I'm sure you will still be competing for a state championship if not winning one. At a school like Phelps or BL I'm sure there will be between 0 and 3 games won.
WHAT A STATEMENTSmile
Competitive is still not a win coach B.
let's wait and see. er will have some very good games.
Oh yea i think we can have a winning season this year.