Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark Coach Dies in Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MARTIN COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - One person is dead after a two-vehicle crash in Martin County.

The crash happened Tuesday morning on New Route 3, near mile marker 3.

We are told an SUV rear-ended a cement truck. The Martin County coroner pronounced the driver of the SUV, Timothy Rice, 59, from Betsy Layne, dead at the scene.

The driver of the cement truck is not hurt. Police do not suspect alcohol or drugs were involved.

Both directions on New Route 3 are closed and will stay that way for a while as crews are on the scene.

We will update this when we learn more. We have a reporter on the scene.

https://www.wymt.com/content/news/One-pe...45551.html
Coach Rice had been teaching and coaching since the early to mid 80's. He has been head basketball coach at Harold Elementary, head football and basketball coach at Betsy Layne Elementary, head boy's basketball coach at Betsy Layne High School, head coach of the women's team at Alice Lloyd College, been head coach of the girls team at Southwestern and Sheldon Clark. RIP Coach Rice.
He also taught P.E. at Stumbo Elementary in the 90s. I remember he started a end of the year softball tournament for grades 5-8 for that part of the P.E. classes. Those softball tournaments were some of my favorite memories of middle school.

He was a great guy and he will certainly be missed.
R.I.P. Coach Rice.
Very very sad.
RIP Tim.
Rip coach rice
Sad
Terrible news......... I have a lot of Sheldon Clark/Martin County friends, such a tragic loss.