Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay City Chief of Police Shot and Killed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heres the link.... http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/7977282.html

I worked in Clay City and knew Randy. My thoughts and prayers are with Chief Lacy's family.
I am watching WKYT's coverage of this tragedy. I feel tears because I have lived this day and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.
Once I heard the reporter say the man, who did the shooting, said he wanted to "cut off his own head". It made me really mad.
I guess this person realizes he's "really done it this time". I implore potential jurors, "don't let him plead "insanity"... don't send him off for the taxpayers to house and keep up or the family to have to deal with whenever "parole hearings" come up. FINALLY COULD A JUDGE GIVE THIS PERSON A "JUST AND DESERVING" SENTENCE AND SEE TO IT, THAT IT'S CARRIED OUT?(this man has a sheet of criminal charges as long as both of his legs... DUI's and Drug offenses)
Many law enforcement officers, killed in the line of duty, are victims of the system they have sworn an oath to uphold.
Again... my prayers and thoughts are with the Lacy family... this tragedy will be with them forever... at every ballgame a grandchild plays in or a graduation or a wedding and on and on.
Just place Chief Lacy in your hearts and take him with you everywhere you go.
my prayers and condolences to the Lacy family. This hits me and my family hard too, although I never knew Chief Lacy, my brother (veteran of the KSP for 14 years) and my father (deputy, cop for 30 years) have sworn that same oath and put their lives in danger every day as well. Anytime a law enforcement is injured or killed hits a special place in our hearts. Chief Lacy woke up, went to work and didnt come home. This is the hardest sadness to take. Someone who is as respected and loved by the community, killed because of some punk coward piece of garbage. This too is a man I never knew but am around every day. This is a man, who I will never forgive, no matter the consequences I'LL have to pay, a man who I hope has true remorse for what he's done, but remorse won't save him. I dont care if he was on drugs. I dont care if he wasnt in his right mind. I dont care if he heard voices. Enough of the excuses for "why he did it". People like this piece of shit need to die every day. Every hour. Not life in prison where he'll get three meals a day, showers and a bed to sleep on. What justice is that? No, he needs to die. And a horrible death. A death where the lethal injection should go wrong and the pain it will cause him to be in will kill him. Instead of that, why not get some good use out of him? Why not take him to the humane society and feed him to the hungry dogs? Take him to the KSP academy and use him as a perfectly good target? I get so emotional when I hear of this. Ive heard this so many times, and so many times, we are all left wondering, "where is the justice system, and how come it has to fail our own fallen officers?"..Johnny Edrington, killed in the line of duty on December 21, 1988, yet his killer is still sleeping, getting free medical, along with three meals a day. There are several examples I could name, but I just hope and pray that our justice system somehow gets it right, and doesnt let this filth live another minute past his trial (which wouldnt take a minute). He needs to be exterminated. Quickly. Again, my prayers, condolences and heart felt sorrow goes out to the Lacy family. May God bless you in this time of grief.
This is sooooo sad!!! I will be praying for the family....
i don"t know why anyone would shoot a police officer i will be praying for the family.
i wonder how many times some sorry stinking no good for nothing judge let this guy out of jail. this is the way it always happens to some innocent person dies because a judge don"t do thier job.
My prayers go out to the family...I am watching Nancy Grace's coverage of this tragedy...
This really hits me hard....my father is a 21 year veteran of the KSP and my first cousin is a 3 year veteran of the KSP and I can't even imagine what the family is going through. Not only are my prayers with them, but also the policeman in Clay City. My dad lost two of his comrades over Christmas, one of which was his best friend, and I hope I never see him cry again the way he did when he found out. Let's keep everyone touched by this in our prayers.
Very sad news... my prayers go out to his family and friends
I have family that have been in law enforcement for years and this is something you never want to see. The guy that done it said he was so strung out on pills and other narcotics that he had no idea that he done it. On my way back home today I saw numerous police vehicles from various parts of the state leaving the Stanton area after showing their support for one of their own and his family. It was a very touching scene. It reminded me when my grandmother passed away. She was involved in all the various police, fire, and rescue units over her years in one way or another. As we were pulling in to the cemetary to see all the men dressed up in their uniforms standing next to their vehicles saluting her as the casket made its way to her final resting spot was one of the most respectful things that I've ever seen. It is something that myself, his family or any other family that has lost a loved one before that got this kind of public display of respect will ever forget.
Thats awesome man, it really is. As for the Barnett garbage, who cares if he was strung out on pills and had no idea he done it. Give him the death penalty, and give him something to think about while he's sober, strapped to that bed, ready to die.
GRIZZ Wrote:I have family that have been in law enforcement for years and this is something you never want to see. The guy that done it said he was so strung out on pills and other narcotics that he had no idea that he done it. On my way back home today I saw numerous police vehicles from various parts of the state leaving the Stanton area after showing their support for one of their own and his family. It was a very touching scene. It reminded me when my grandmother passed away. She was involved in all the various police, fire, and rescue units over her years in one way or another. As we were pulling in to the cemetary to see all the men dressed up in their uniforms standing next to their vehicles saluting her as the casket made its way to her final resting spot was one of the most respectful things that I've ever seen. It is something that myself, his family or any other family that has lost a loved one before that got this kind of public display of respect will ever forget.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Thats awesome man, it really is. As for the Barnett garbage, who cares if he was strung out on pills and had no idea he done it. Give him the death penalty, and give him something to think about while he's sober, strapped to that bed, ready to die.

AMEN