Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville Summer Schedule and Roster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know of Paintsville's summer schedule, I know they already went to Transy but who all played. I know JD and Grimm are playin summer baseball, JD and Bundy have also partipated in football practice. Who all has Paintsville played, who were the starters, how'd they do???
I dont know what their record was at Transy, I seen them play a little over the camp. All I know for sure is they lost in the first round of the tourney to Spencer County.

Bundy and JD both was there playing. I dont know who started, but Landon sprained his ankle. The way he was walking on it, it appeared to be a pretty bad sprain.
The summer buzz says Paintsville is "team turmoil".
Doesn't everyone wish. lol
OffTheHook Wrote:Doesn't everyone wish. lol

The way it looked at Transy, they was kinda out of sync.
Paintsville was out of regular season shape, but they played typical Paintsville summer ball. It is hard for them to be in season shape with everyone playing different sports. They will be fine once the regular season practices start.
I will ask this, I wish Painstville the best of luck, but what have they really done this offseason to make a run at the 2 early favorites, Valley and Pikeville? Valley returns the top 6 players and I know Pikeville returns a lot, so who is gonna step up for Paintsville or are they getting some transfers?
Warlock Wrote:Paintsville was out of regular season shape, but they played typical Paintsville summer ball. It is hard for them to be in season shape with everyone playing different sports. They will be fine once the regular season practices start.
You think so?? I am not sure that bunch can get it turned around...some of them have lost their minds!!
Some of them may have lost their minds and some people that think they are going to be horrible this year have lost their own. They will be the typical team we have seen maybe going to the second round of the region, and personally I hope for them to go to Rupp. Many of them are playing other sports or are on other summer teams. Right now their regular season record for 2007-08 is still 0-0. If they lose their first 4 or 5 games in a row come around December then it may be time for concern. But its just summer. Back in the summer of 1999 the Tigers won the Georgetown College team camp defeating Paducah Tillman without Coach Runyon and went on to be a flop with what many said was the best freshman class to ever come through the halls, led by Kyle Meade and Ben Trimble. I'd much rather have a group of boys running just a little bit and shooting the ball over summer than sitting on the couch eating Pringles and drinking Big K Root Beer.
To quote Coach Lyons, This is the time of year that if you have to put air in the ball, then you shouldn't be playin!
someone said that Murray kid was going to Paintsville that should really........ help things
Wasn't Landon Slone one of the top players on the Derk Smith All Star AAU team. I heard he had a pretty good summer playing against some of the states an nations best.
Warlock Wrote:Paintsville was out of regular season shape, but they played typical Paintsville summer ball. It is hard for them to be in season shape with everyone playing different sports. They will be fine once the regular season practices start.

You are right. I know JD and Blake are playing football and JD is also playing summer baseball. Just the other day he showed up for baseball practice and while putting on his spikes he said "3rd practice today". As for being out of shape. No. More like worn out. lol
Moe Wrote:Wasn't Landon Slone one of the top players on the Derk Smith All Star AAU team. I heard he had a pretty good summer playing against some of the states an nations best.

Yeah he was one of the top players on that AAU team with alot more talent as well.
Moe Wrote:Wasn't Landon Slone one of the top players on the Derk Smith All Star AAU team. I heard he had a pretty good summer playing against some of the states an nations best.

Yeah he was one of the top players on that AAU team with alot more talent as well. s
Did Landon play with Paintsville this summer??
cooter Wrote:Did Landon play with Paintsville this summer??

He played with them some...He has been playing all summer with the Derek Smith All-Stars...Had a great summer against really good comp, atleast thats what I've heard...I'm anxious to see where he ends up because someone told me that he had visited Western Ky, EKU, and was going to visit Southern Illinois!!
March Man Wrote:He played with them some...He has been playing all summer with the Derek Smith All-Stars...Had a great summer against really good comp, atleast thats what I've heard...I'm anxious to see where he ends up because someone told me that he had visited Western Ky, EKU, and was going to visit Southern Illinois!!
I knew EKU and WKU were interested this is the 1st I've heard about SIU but he could play there if he had the right situation. I head Texas Tech was also looking at him but I heard that a year or so ago so I'm not sure. He'll play DI if he takes advantages of his situations, that is if thats what he wants to do after HS. He's a very intelligiant kid from what I understand.
Well Texas Tech was interested, but haven't heard anything since then...I think he is trying to narrow the choices down..I'd say there is a lot more schools than we know that are interested, but those are just the ones that I was told...I hope he goes big because I know him and he has the work ethic...Good luck to him..
Would like to see Landon play for Coach Knight.
Back on topic, the tigers struggled due to injuries this summer. Landon Slone and Justin Murray sprained there ankles in the same day, Jeremy Pack still isn't ready to play on his knee yet, Blake Bundy hurt his back again, Shane Grim missed a lot due to baseball, and Daniel Meade was gone all summer working. So I don't think you can let this be a reflection on how next season will play out.
I hope Pitino sends a scout to look at him, Landon can play better than some of the walk-ons on the bench (i.e. Stuart Miller) I would love to see him in a Cardinal uniform, it would be like I was in high school again...