Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Vacation 2007
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where will you be going this year for vacation, or have you already been? We will be packing the bags and headed to Palm Beach Singer Island for a week at the pool and beach. We will eat gator as well while there. We fly out Thursday and I am ready to go now. One thing that I love about vacation is that it is like a week of Saturdays.
Then in October, it will be time to take the little one back to Florida to see Mickey! Not as excited about that trip. The walking kicks my butt. It will just have to be three days of parks and four days of rest.
I hope that everyone has a wonderful and safe vacation in 2007. Please feel free to share a few places that you will be enjoying this year. It would also be nice to hear about a few of your favorite places to vacation. I really enjoyed Cancun Mexico in 2000. California last year was as fun. That was my first trip to the desert.
I dont get no vacation this year... All Work and no play makes an angry Warriorpride... lol. But If I do get to go anywhere it wont be nowhere big probally daytona beach or sumthing like that.
I went to the Outer Banks last week and it was awesome! We stayed in Kill Devil Hills, and it was the perfect location between Nags Head and Kitty Hawk. It was definitely the most laid-back beach I've been to; we were 50 feet away from the closest people on the beach. All of the food was great! Most restaurants there get in fresh seafood, so that was great! I recommend it to anyone, as long as you go off-season or pre-season. Prices really jack up during peak-season.
Looks like we are goin to Myrtle Beach, AGAIN... I'm really gettin tired of MB, been there every year for the past 10, and 3 of those year I went twice.
Proly Pigeon Fordge as always.
Williamsburg, and then Va. Beach. I can't wait to go to Busch Gardens Europe, with the addition of Griffon, the worlds tallest, fastest and only floorless dive coaster, I should have a blast. I haven't been to Busch Gardens since 1998, since then they have added, Apollos chariot and a few dark rides like curse of darkcastle. Then I'm heading to Water country USA.
already been to St. Petersburg this year but are going back to Myrtle for the youngin... He has a bunch of his buddies that are going and I guess we will be accomidating his agenda this year.... LOL..... I can handle the 8 hour drive, I just hate coming home to all that laundry!!! UGH!!!
i am going to Topsail Beach never been their it is somewhere around Wilmington NC.
Cherokee Lake for 2 weeks of nothing but fishing, swiming and hanging with the coolest 7 yr old I know.
Now this is real vacation.
rallo316 Wrote:i am going to Topsail Beach never been their it is somewhere around Wilmington NC.

TOPSAIL Beach. WOW. I have been there before. It was a while back at least 9-10 years but anyways the beach was beautiful and the island was commercialized. Then a hurricane destroyed it and left the whole island in a mess. It is really close to my cousins who live in Wilmington and they said thta it is not as commericalized as before but it has been cleaned up to it past beauty. Hope you have a great time!!

BTW I just got back from Clearwater Beach, Fl
I'm still in the planning stage but we are thinking about going to Canada for about a week of fishing. It's between that and going to the Galapagos Islands for a week.
I am going to Va beach on the 4th of July...it is the best beach I have been to and Ive been to palm beach, daytona, and myrtle...I am hoping to go to Amsterdamn around the end of July but I think I am going to have to put it off until next summer because of passport troubles...
I hate Myrtle Beach. My parents used to take me there when I was little, but I will never go back again. It is just way too crowded and touristy for my tastes, give me a beach where I can kick back and relax and not have other people on all sides of me.
More Cowbell Wrote:I hate Myrtle Beach. My parents used to take me there when I was little, but I will never go back again. It is just way too crowded and touristy for my tastes, give me a beach where I can kick back and relax and not have other people on all sides of me.

AMEN!!!! Try Hilton Head SC or Clearwater Fl. That is were I have been going for the past 5 years and yes it is so much better then Myrtle "Beer Bottle" Beach.
I just got back from Clearwater... It was very hot, but fun!
Destin with the hog leader lol.
Any where but Myrtle beach , was there for 2 days about 7 years ago and that was a enough
Leaving for Pigeon Forge on Monday. Will be back on Saturday. Dollywood, dinner shows and letting my son and his friend have a good time (laser tag, NASCAR Speedway, putt putt, swimming and other activities).
THOMCAT Wrote:Leaving for Pigeon Forge on Monday. Will be back on Saturday. Dollywood, dinner shows and letting my son and his friend have a good time (laser tag, NASCAR Speedway, putt putt, swimming and other activities).

It has been years since I have been down to Pigeon Forge for vacation. We just save up for one vacation a year either to Flordia or South Carolina.

have a great time!
If I don't have a job by the 29th of this month I'll be heading to Canada fishing. With DT I assume lol.
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I just got back from Clearwater... It was very hot, but fun!

That's one thing I've noticed about Florida. If you're hanging out at the beach, it doesn't feel too bad, but once you go inland (even just a little) it gets very hot in a hurry. I have been to that area before, and when we went into Tampa to go to Busch Gardens, it was so hot that I almost passed out!
My family and I went to the Zoo in Tampa and the heat absolutly zapped my energy. When i got back to the condo I collapsed on the sofa.
More Cowbell Wrote:That's one thing I've noticed about Florida. If you're hanging out at the beach, it doesn't feel too bad, but once you go inland (even just a little) it gets very hot in a hurry. I have been to that area before, and when we went into Tampa to go to Busch Gardens, it was so hot that I almost passed out!

It did feel more hot inland... Orlando felt 10 times more hot than Clearwater but it was the same temp. I guess the breeze from the water makes it seem more cool.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:AMEN!!!! Try Hilton Head SC or Clearwater Fl. That is were I have been going for the past 5 years and yes it is so much better then Myrtle "Beer Bottle" Beach.

Been going to Hilton Head since I was born, parents are there now, have been for a week, will be for another week, house to myself *wink wink nudge nudge to CaliBig Grin *
BFritz Wrote:Been going to Hilton Head since I was born, parents are there now, have been for a week, will be for another week, house to myself *wink wink nudge nudge to CaliBig Grin *

Nice lol You should have a Bluegrass Rivals party Cool Anyways, Hilton Head is great. I think my family and I may be going back there next year. It is extremely relaxing down there.