Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Softball Coach Is Banned From Coaching For Life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/7945577.html

An eastern Kentucky softball coach pleaded guilty Monday morning after he allegedly had an inappropriate relationship with one of his teenage softball players.
Mark Kohari was in court in Pikeville Monday morning where he made the plea.
A former volunteer softball coach at a high school in eastern Kentucky has pleaded guilty to a charge of unlawful transaction with a 16-year-old girl.

Mark Kohari, 47, was charged after the Pike County Board of Education initiated an investigation prompted by the family of the girl.
Pike County Sheriff Deputy Greg Smith, who investigated the case, said Kohari, of Turkey Creek, had an "inappropriate relationship" with the teenager that lasted a few months.
Kohari reached a plea agreement with prosecutors on the misdemeanor charge, agreeing to serve 30 days in jail.
District Judge Darrel Mullins ordered that Kohari have no contact with the victim, to never coach again and to stay off school property during a two-year probation.
Kohari was a junior league coach and an unpaid volunteer coach at Belfry High School.

http://www.kentucky.com/181/story/95484.html
I agree he should be put in jail, and it was wrong, especially if he's old enough to have kids that can play sports. Depending if he's as old as he sounds (over 40ish), it might be even worse.

However, the legal age for sexual consent is 16 in Kentucky, so unless she turned 16 after it happened, I don't see how he's in trouble (I understand there's a contract with the school that probly forbids it, but I'm talking about the legal part).

I'm in no way saying this was ok, and he should be put in prison with big, sex deprived men, but I'm just wondering how they can charge him.
When have u ever known the legal system to ever follow their own laws? People get screwed over all the time by the system. This is just another case of that happening. If she was under the age of consent when it was happening then yes, charge the man, but if not then he should be in no trouble. These days, teenage girls are always pulling stuff like this, its so dangerous for guys to be with or trust any women at all anymore. Sure they say they consent to it, but after it happens they go and make up a bunch of crap to get a guy in trouble. Now it may sound like I have been through this myself, I assure you I havent, all im saying is that things like that happens.
SportsFan80 Wrote:When have u ever known the legal system to ever follow their own laws? People get screwed over all the time by the system. This is just another case of that happening. If she was under the age of consent when it was happening then yes, charge the man, but if not then he should be in no trouble. These days, teenage girls are always pulling stuff like this, its so dangerous for guys to be with or trust any women at all anymore. Sure they say they consent to it, but after it happens they go and make up a bunch of crap to get a guy in trouble. Now it may sound like I have been through this myself, I assure you I havent, all im saying is that things like that happens.
Amen my brother, and I haven't been through it either, but I agree with you................ a lot of them dress like they're......... we won't go there........ and with how healthy girls are now, they look more developed than a lot of grown women.