Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle Co Spring Practice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It starts today.

Things are supposed to be going very well leading up to Spring Practice. The expectations and morale are high.

Several college coaches are supposed to be stopping in at some point.

Post comments and news here.
Yes several coaches will be there because there are several D1 players in the team. Sorry Haters
Boyle County is definitely loaded! No hater here, only a fan. Good luck to you guys and I hope you have a great, INJURY FREE spring session. The Rebels are the team to beat in 4A next season in this Ol Man's opinion. Keep us updated on how things go this week.
Reese Smith and Landon Bartleson both have hamstring injuries.
Both Smith and Bartelson got their injuries during a track meet.
Yep.

Both should/could be shut down for a while. That second KHSAA Track State Championship is in doubt.
FoSho Wrote:Yep.

Both should/could be shut down for a while. That second KHSAA Track State Championship is in doubt.

Was at the track meet, they both should be fine by reg./ state track meet. I don't even know the kid but I think it was Smith. I was screaming at the kid to stop so wouldn't injury any further, but kid must be mentally tough he finish the race grabbing his leg- I was very impressed, most kids would have given up.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Was at the track meet, they both should be fine by reg./ state track meet. I don't even know the kid but I think it was Smith. I was screaming at the kid to stop so wouldn't injury any further, but kid must be mentally tough he finish the race grabbing his leg- I was very impressed, most kids would have given up.

You don't know Reese very well.

Broke his hand/dislocated finger for the second time last season (same finger) in 3rd round at Belfry last year...1st qtr. caught 4 TDs and an INT AFTER he did it.

Cut off his cast the next Wed and played @ Corbin. Was nowhere near 100% but wasn't going to let his brothers down.

Someone told me Reese said he heard something pop. Time will tell.
I hate to hear about their injuries. What does Boyle County lose from last year's team?
Westside Wrote:I hate to hear about their injuries. What does Boyle County lose from last year's team?

Starters:

O - OT, RB

D - CB, DE

A couple of good special teamers.

That is all.
BTW, Bartelson and Smith have put on weight and look great. Coach Hester is the best in the business when it comes to the weight room. I also seen EZ Roller at the track meet and he looks like a grown man. Lol
Any chance moorman and zeismer make a contribution as freshmen?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Any chance moorman and zeismer make a contribution as freshmen?

I would say yes (some) to both. Physically they can contribute solidly. If they do it'll be Zeismer as a DE and Moorman as either LB/RB. IMO the only thing stopping them is their ability to be coached how this staff does it. It's very intense and some kids don't respond well to their style. AND the defensive assignments are not easy to grasp for young kids. They will play a lot in mop up duty and it remains to be seen how much time when the game is on the line. JV will probably use them a little early on.

They are going to be monsters if they work hard and don't get caught up with any nonsense.
FoSho Wrote:I would say yes (some) to both. Physically they can contribute solidly. If they do it'll be Zeismer as a DE and Moorman as either LB/RB. IMO the only thing stopping them is their ability to be coached how this staff does it. It's very intense and some kids don't respond well to their style. AND the defensive assignments are not easy to grasp for young kids. They will play a lot in mop up duty and it remains to be seen how much time when the game is on the line. JV will probably use them a little early on.

They are going to be monsters if they work hard and don't get caught up with any nonsense.
Zeismer is a GREAT kid, you won't have any problems out of him. The Moorman kid is the one you might have your hands full. He's been putting things on Instagram such as "what High school should I attend next year" not very smart to do stuff like that.
Footballfan33 Wrote:Zeismer is a GREAT kid, you won't have any problems out of him. The Moorman kid is the one you might have your hands full. He's been putting things on Instagram such as "what High school should I attend next year" not very smart to do stuff like that.

Zeismer is a great kid. He works hard and has a lot of potential. He will be a star at some point...that's up to him.

Moorman is going to do it our way or he'll do it his way elsewhere. Period.
FoSho Wrote:Zeismer is a great kid. He works hard and has a lot of potential. He will be a star at some point...that's up to him.

Amen!!!
FoSho Wrote:Zeismer is a great kid. He works hard and has a lot of potential. He will be a star at some point...that's up to him.

Tommy is as good of a kid as they come.
Practice news:

Recruiting interest is going well from what I'm hearing.

With limited participation from skill kids in Spring sports...the team is left with OL/DL improvement as the main focus. I'd say based upon what I've heard...things are looking really good. The line is athletic, big and very good.

Jackson Smith - K/P (2020), Lathan Moore - S (2021), Cole Lanter - WR (2022), Dalton Peetz - OL/DL (2022) and Zach Mason - OL/DL, (2022) are looking good this Spring and should be solid contributors this season.

Andrew Socco - RB/LB (2020), Hayden Bottoms - LB (2020), Wilson Kelly - OL/DL (2020), Reiley Colwick - WR (2020) and Caleb Edmiston - OL (2021) are all performing very well after contributing big last season.

Reese Smith (hamstring) and Landon Bartleson (hamstring) are both working their way back to 100% for BCHS Track and should be full strength soon.
Jackson Smith is class of 2022
Footballfan33 Wrote:Jackson Smith is class of 2022

Typo
I am anxious to see how Moorman does for Boyle being from Frankfort. Interesting how ended up in Boyle. Also being from Frankfort I am anxious to see if he matures.
FCSPY Wrote:I am anxious to see how Moorman does for Boyle being from Frankfort. Interesting how ended up in Boyle. Also being from Frankfort I am anxious to see if he matures.

Family moved to Danville?

Physically he could help. We shall see.
FCSPY Wrote:I am anxious to see how Moorman does for Boyle being from Frankfort. Interesting how ended up in Boyle. Also being from Frankfort I am anxious to see if he matures.

Not sure why it matters, as a freshman he can play for any school/team he wants to.
IMO Moorman will not play over Sacco or Bartelson in the backfield. High School ball is totally different than Middle School. You're playing against Men in High School. Physically I dont think he's ready. Saaco and even Will McDaniel will provide the power and Bartelson will be the speed back. Moorman needs a year in Jeff Hester's weight room.
Footballfan33 Wrote:IMO Moorman will not play over Sacco or Bartelson in the backfield. High School ball is totally different than Middle School. You're playing against Men in High School. Physically I dont think he's ready. Saaco and even Will McDaniel will provide the power and Bartelson will be the speed back. Moorman needs a year in Jeff Hester's weight room.

This just isn't the case.

Moorman is physically ready to play significant minutes for the Rebels. I think he'll see the time at LB or RB and Socco will be the other.

His strength, speed and size combination are ridiculous for a kid his age. The only thing that'll stop him from contributing this season is immaturity.
FoSho Wrote:This just isn't the case.

Moorman is physically ready to play significant minutes for the Rebels. I think he'll see the time at LB or RB and Socco will be the other.

His strength, speed and size combination are ridiculous for a kid his age. The only thing that'll stop him from contributing this season is immaturity.

I agree with you, he should see time on the field, more as the season progresses. Definitely can give some players some rest at times, which makes Boyle even more deadly.

Kid would be a starter at 70% of the teams in the state this year.
plantmanky Wrote:I agree with you, he should see time on the field, more as the season progresses. Definitely can give some players some rest at times, which makes Boyle even more deadly.

Kid would be a starter at 70% of the teams in the state this year.

Agreed.

I don't think people understand just how good this kid could be if he handles himself correctly. If he worked as hard as he could. Listened to the coaches. And dedicated himself 110% to be the best he could be on the field and the classroom...I fully believe he could be the best player in Boyle Co history, one of the best in KY HS history, a Power 5 5* Ranking and a NFL player.

But he's gotta put in the work and right now we just don't know if he's willing to.
FoSho Wrote:This just isn't the case.

What’s ridiculous is he could be a sixth grader this year.. crazy.
I hope the kid works hard and achieved all his dreams, and most of you know it’s gonna be hard to swallow if he does...But from what I’m hearing if someone doesn’t get a grip on him quick it’s gonna be a lost talent and that’s so unfortunate cause he’s very special!!
CoachNM0523 Wrote:What’s ridiculous is he could be a sixth grader this year.. crazy.

What do this even mean? He’s 11 or 12 yo?
Pages: 1 2 3