Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th region rankings 4/15/ 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Johnson central
2. Lawrence county
3. Belfry
4. Paintsville
5. Sheldon Clark
6. Pikeville
7. Pike county central
8. Shelby Valley
9. Floyd county central
10. Prestonsburg
11. Phelps
12. Magoffin county
13. Betsy layne
14. East Ridge
15. Jenkins
The top 2 have seemed to have distanced themselves from the rest. Paintsville is still the 3rd best team in the region followed by Sheldon Clark. Belfry hasn’t played anyone but you probably have to put them 5th I guess.

How about all the young talent in the 15th. The freshman class has a ton of great players. Can’t wait to see them in a few years.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:1. Johnson central
2. Lawrence county
3. Belfry
4. Paintsville
5. Sheldon Clark
6. Pikeville
7. Pike county central
8. Shelby Valley
9. Floyd county central
10. Prestonsburg
11. Phelps
12. Magoffin county
13. Betsy layne
14. East Ridge
15. Jenkins

Belfry had a terrible weekend....going 0-2. Breakdowns in every facet of the game...pitching, hitting and defensively.
Lawrence is the best team in the region for sure, they have the best pitching staff by far bryce blevins is a Stud! Defensively they are the best. They have a stud catcher, a great infield, outfield is decent but their Center fielder makes it look a lot better he's really good. They will win the region mark it down.
Asual42 Wrote:Lawrence is the best team in the region for sure, they have the best pitching staff by far bryce blevins is a Stud! Defensively they are the best. They have a stud catcher, a great infield, outfield is decent but their Center fielder makes it look a lot better he's really good. They will win the region mark it down.

You have to go by what’s happened on the field to this point. While I think Lawrence Co is a great team with great players. Johnson Central has a better record “their schedules are about the same except JC district is tougher” andJC has a win against a team that has beat Lawrence Co. To say one is definitely better then the other can’t be done. Both are great teams and I believe the region will come down to those 2 but Paintsville and Sheldon Clark are dangerous.

Johnson Central has a TEAM era. hovering around 2 and a TEAM batting average of .400. Their defense is as good as anyone’s. Both these teams are great and one will more then likely win region let’s just sit back and enough it.

Also both teams have great kids on them.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:You have to go by what’s happened on the field to this point. While I think Lawrence Co is a great team with great players. Johnson Central has a better record “their schedules are about the same except JC district is tougher” andJC has a win against a team that has beat Lawrence Co. To say one is definitely better then the other can’t be done. Both are great teams and I believe the region will come down to those 2 but Paintsville and Sheldon Clark are dangerous.

Johnson Central has a TEAM era. hovering around 2 and a TEAM batting average of .400. Their defense is as good as anyone’s. Both these teams are great and one will more then likely win region let’s just sit back and enough it.

Also both teams have great kids on them.

And you were saying this same type of stuff last year when you were part of the LC program. Knock it off. We get it. It's whoever your kid is wearing the jersey of.
I’m stating facts. If you don’t like it don’t read it. Its pretty simple.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:I’m stating facts. If you don’t like it don’t read it. Its pretty simple.

Yes, it is very simple to understand. The schedules, up to this point, are not any different when you add up the wins/losses of the opponents both LC and JC have played.

Why weren't you singing the praises of JC last year? :popcorn:
fewfirstchoice Wrote:...JC has a win against a team that has beat Lawrence Co.

Which team?

LC has lost to Apollo and Ashland....that's it. Why do you continue to spew misinformation like this?
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Which team?

LC has lost to Apollo and Ashland....that's it. Why do you continue to spew misinformation like this?

Uh, excuse me, I don't know who fewfirst is, but I have not seen him post one negative word about any player or any team. All I have seen is compliments thrown to both parties. Don't understand doging him on anything.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:And you were saying this same type of stuff last year when you were part of the LC program. Knock it off. We get it. It's whoever your kid is wearing the jersey of.

Ok , After I ponder on this, I get it now:

(A)You're upset because he said that both teams have great kids?

(B)You're mad because he said the 57th district is a tougher district? That's pretty much indisputable, right?

© You're mad because he said he thought the region will come down to these two teams?

(D) You're mad because he said Lawrence Co. was a GREAT team and had GREAT kids?

(E) You're mad because he said that everyone should enjoy the show of two GREAT team?

(F) You're mad because he quoted team stats, that are available on the KHSAA web site?

Sheesh, you been nipping in the native water supply again?
Bob Seger Wrote:Ok , After I ponder on this, I get it now:

(A)You're upset because he said that both teams have great kids?

(B)You're mad because he said the 57th district is a tougher district? That's pretty much indisputable, right?

© You're mad because he said he thought the region will come down to these two teams?

(D) You're mad because he said Lawrence Co. was a GREAT team and had GREAT kids?

(E) You're mad because he said that everyone should enjoy the show of two GREAT team?

(F) You're mad because he quoted team stats, that are available on the KHSAA web site?

Sheesh, you been nipping in the native water supply again?

Perhaps the statement that a team JC beat also beat LC.....which isn't true, unless it's on a schedule I'm not aware of Bobby......that was his false statement that he has yet to back up. Be careful, his kid may transfer to another 15th region school next year. Confusedhh:
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Perhaps the statement that a team JC beat also beat LC.....which isn't true, unless it's on a schedule I'm not aware of Bobby......that was his false statement that he has yet to back up. Be careful, his kid may transfer to another 15th region school next year. Confusedhh:

Yeah, after I think about it, I'm leaning toward your way of thinking. Really, I don't blame you for being so upset..It would make me boiling mad for someone to start throwing all those nice compliments towards my team and players too..I would be furious.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Perhaps the statement that a team JC beat also beat LC.....which isn't true, unless it's on a schedule I'm not aware of Bobby......that was his false statement that he has yet to back up. Be careful, his kid may transfer to another 15th region school next year. Confusedhh:

I didn’t say JC beat LC. I said JC as a win over a team which LC lost to. Which is incorrect. I looked at the results wrong of the Eastern games in Mrytle beach, my apologies.

As far as schedule goes you have to look at it as to who you have played so far. Not who you have coming up. Everyone knows in Ky in the spring you may play 0 games or 6 games a week with this weather.

I guess the ideal of parents doing what they feel is best with their child angers some people.

It may be to a school outside the 15th who knows 🤷🏻*♂️
fewfirstchoice Wrote:I didn’t say JC beat LC. I said JC as a win over a team which LC lost to. Which is incorrect. I looked at the results wrong of the Eastern games in Mrytle beach, my apologies.

As far as schedule goes you have to look at it as to who you have played so far. Not who you have coming up. Everyone knows in Ky in the spring you may play 0 games or 6 games a week with this weather.

I guess the ideal of parents doing what they feel is best with their child angers some people.

It may be to a school outside the 15th who knows 🤷🏻*♂️

You are making this a habit of misstating and misreading. I never said you said that JC beat LC....go back, look.....see for yourself......And when I compare schedules, I also look at the records of the teams that each side plays........JC doesn't have a tougher schedule to this point in the season. Sorry.
I think the bottom line without all the random chippyness is LC and JC both have talent, experience and depth. They look to all around be the two favorites in the region without much to separate them. But in a one game loser goes home format like the regional tourney Pikeville, Paintsville, or Sheldon Clark could pull an upset. I think Paintsville has the best chance to win the region of those 3 teams because they can overwhelm you with their offense.
I dont ever remember a JC team putting up the gaudy offensive stats that this team is putting up...We have always had great pitching, but not the offensive fire power that has been displayed thus so far to go with it.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:You are making this a habit of misstating and misreading. I never said you said that JC beat LC....go back, look.....see for yourself......And when I compare schedules, I also look at the records of the teams that each side plays........JC doesn't have a tougher schedule to this point in the season. Sorry.

The nonsense you spew is laughable. You’re trying to cause a stir something you know nothing about. A parent has to put their child in the best situation in which they can succeed in life and that’s exactly what I have done. If your upset over it, oh well you’ll get over it or you won’t. I couldn’t care less what you or anyone else thinks about what my wife and I do with our child.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:The nonsense you spew is laughable. You’re trying to cause a stir something you know nothing about. A parent has to put their child in the best situation in which they can succeed in life and that’s exactly what I have done. If your upset over it, oh well you’ll get over it or you won’t. I couldn’t care less what you or anyone else thinks about what my wife and I do with our child.

Get over what? Kids transfer all the time. People only get ticked off when starters transfer though, not role players.
Comparing teams based on their schedules makes zero sense in baseball. Most legitimate teams are playing 4, 5, or even 6 games a week. So for a team to lose the 6th game of a week with their JV Pitcher on the mound to a team that somebody else beat, would not be a good indicator. If both teams faced the exact same pitcher then you could compare them against that pitcher but even that has flaws. Baseball is a game of failure and the team that is peaking at the end will have an advantage regardless of what they did in any game of the season. Some kids and coaches choke in the postseason and that would make comparing them pointless as well. If you want to go by raw talent, for example, look at Paintsville. Defending regional champions, multiple college prospects throughout their lineup, but yet you see them get beat by mediocre teams. He may have them gelling by the end of the season and if he does then I think they’ll repeat. However, if there is a culture issue the only thing that will help is graduation.