Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central vs. PLD @ Applebee's Park
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who wins this one?
Dunbar, by more than a few.
I'll have to agree with alfus. Dunbar is too powerful in every aspect of the game. However, I wish Johnson Central all the luck.
Well, we all know Fyffe will be on the mound. The big question here is who Dumbar throw and can JC give Fyffe some run support. I don't expect to see either of Dunbars top 2 pitchers unless JC has the lead late in the game.
I like rooting for the underdogs. JC with Fyffe on the mound vs. PLD third option. JC bats get hot and Fyffe keeps PLD quite. JC 3 PLD 1
i feel very confident in matt fyfe beating pld, especially if they throw their number 3 pitcher. matt is a very consistent pitcher, who throws way more strikes than balls inbetween the high 80's and low 90's throughout the whole game. You dont see that often in highschool baseball nor most of collegeball . which is why you see him holding teams to a very low score. johnson central needs to keep the bats hot and not make silly mistakes to win this one.

jc 2 pld 1
I just hope JC wins!!!!
Johnson Central is good, there's no doubt. But I don't see how you all can pick them to beat Dunbar. This team is on fire. They have beaten Lex Cath (the defending state champs) twice this post season, and are coming off a 10-0 mercy in Game 3 of the semi-state to a very good Clark County team. Fyffe is a great pitcher, but he's no different than anyone else Dunbar has faced. And I'm sure Dunbar's #3 guy is better than any pitcher JC has faced all year. I would love to see the Eagles pull one out, but I just don't see it happening.
I think Fyffe will give Dunbar a challenge. However, Dunbar is a very good team who has had a tough schedule and has faced pitching like this all year. Being in one of the toughest district's and region's in the state, Dunbar will always be prepared for any team. If the bats dont get rolling for JC, I see Dunbar winning this 5-1.
I think Fyffe will give Dunbar a challenge. However, Dunbar is a very good team who has had a tough schedule and has faced pitching like this all year. Being in one of the toughest district's and region's in the state, Dunbar will always be prepared for any team. They have 3 very good pitchers, but mainly Thomas Royse(Louisville Signee) has done the damage for the Dogs. He was nearly perfect against the defending champions Lexington Catholic. If the bats dont get rolling for JC, I see Dunbar winning this 5-1.
I'd love to JC win this game but it is going to be determined on how well the adapt to Dunbar's pitching. If they can sneak in a few hits and avoid costly running errors like they did against LCC then I like their chances.
Clark County did recently defeat this same Dunbar team, 5-4. Central played pretty well even with Clark County earlier in the year with Fyffe pitching. Dunbar only blew out Clark in Game 3 because Clark self-destructed with errors and misplaying fly balls. If Central does THAT, then they're done early. If Central plays smart and Matt pitches well, who knows?

Dunbar probably wins 8 or 9 times out of 10, but it only takes one, especially if they come with their third option and underestimate the Eagles.

Nobody thought Letcher Central could beat Fyffe either. Strange things happen in this game.

Go Eagles.
when is the game?
I think that it will be hard to beat JC with Fyffe on the mound but I don't know if Dunbar will find a way to win anyway like LCC did in Game 1 vs. JC.
I jus hope JC wins too!!!
Dunbar is just too good. JC doesn't stand a chance.
baseball_dad Wrote:Dunbar is just too good. JC doesn't stand a chance.

Confusedhh: You must have "hope" baseball dad. I believe anything is possible. Dunbar is awfully sure of themselves, and hopefully that will be to their disadvantage. Good Luck JC.
you never know baseball is a funny game go JC bring it home to the mountains.
PLD wins this one big...they will probably knock Fyfe off of the hill early
central will get SPANKED BAD
When and What time is this game?
Tomorrow at 6:30. Even if JC does get "spanked", which I doubt they will, they have made it to Applebee's Park twice during their 4 years in high school which is an accomplishment in itself. Best of luck to the Eagles.
Just so everybody knows, I AM FOR JCHS to win this game.
I'd like to see JC win this one, but I don't think it will happen. Dunbar is just too solid of a ballclub. Best of luck though!
I'd like to wish JC the best of luck and I hope they pull this one out. The odds are against them but I've seen stranger things happen. If Fyffe is on the hill, I think they can be in the ball game but the biggest question is run support. He doesn't get much. Fyffe is a helluva pitcher and I'd love nothing more than to see him have a good showing at Applebee's.
Good Luck JC.
BREAK ONE OFF IN EM' THERE JCHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Eagles
:rockon:
The Blue Blur Wrote:I'd like to wish JC the best of luck and I hope they pull this one out. The odds are against them but I've seen stranger things happen. If Fyffe is on the hill, I think they can be in the ball game but the biggest question is run support. He doesn't get much. Fyffe is a helluva pitcher and I'd love nothing more than to see him have a good showing at Applebee's.

I can't agree more....JC may have a chance if PLD takes them lightly. Looking at their season stats (BA) on the KHSAA website, they are going to have to get the most from what hits they do get. In addition to timely hitting, JC must have better baserunning than they have exhibited this year so far, and play an error free (physically and mentally) game in order to come away with the W. (In other words, play a near perfect game)
But,just for the sake of argument, suppose that PLD tries to save Royse and Lucchese for the semi finals and finals and JC puts one or two on the scoreboard before they can go to one of them. If Fyffe is on, one or two runs might be enough (see first paragraph qualifiers). And, taking this scenario a couple of steps further, if JC pulls it off and beats PLD, does Hall pitch Conley, Vance,etc. against SC, and try to save JB for a potential matchup with most likely PRP in the finals? Let the chess games begin (and pass the Rolaids)....! :rockon:

PS....Judging from what I read on the message boards,I would venture that almost everyone in EKY (and probably most of the rest of the state sans Lexington and Louisville) would rather see anyone in the finals EXCEPT for PLD or PRP. :please:
dunbar wins this one
After 1 inning:
Dunbar 2
Johnson Central 0
Fyffe K's 1 in the inning, allows 2 hits, however, the JCHS defense commited 2 errors in the inning. One was made with 2 outs and the bases loaded, which scored the 2 runs.
Pages: 1 2