Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East-West All-Star Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is two state wide all-star teams that is divided into juniors and seniors, I think the game is being played at Cliff Hagan's Field at UK this year. So let's hear it who made it.
Anyone have a list of players from the East team?
I heard Pugh and Fyffe made it from the 15th Region but don't hold me to it.
Couch (PCC) and Benningfield (Powell) were the seniors selected. Benningfield I can see, but Couch? And he was named 14th Region MVP. Very sad day for the 14th region, IMO.
How do you not see Couch being on there. He hit over .500 and had like 8 HR's.
baseball_dad Wrote:Couch (PCC) and Benningfield (Powell) were the seniors selected. Benningfield I can see, but Couch? And he was named 14th Region MVP. Very sad day for the 14th region, IMO.

Who do you suggest should be there instead of Couch?
baseball_dad Wrote:Couch (PCC) and Benningfield (Powell) were the seniors selected. Benningfield I can see, but Couch? And he was named 14th Region MVP. Very sad day for the 14th region, IMO.
How is this sad? The guy is a player
Just heard Devon Pelfrey from Powell is not on the list? Is this true and if so HOW? The kid has awesome stats and proved to be such a leader? I can't imagine any Catcher holding a better record. What are your thoughts as to how the kids are picked?
KEEPING IN MIND....I am not trying to take any credit from any kid chosen on the list, congrats. to each player. Just wondering statistically.
I agree with everyone above, how is that sad? Couch is the best overall player in the region this year imo.
I would just like to see a definite roster, not I heard, I guess, I assumes.
If that is Couch's true stat line, then he deserves it. From what I have seen by him, no way. Hey, JMO.
Devon pelfrey is a junior and he mad the junior 14th regional team. he will graduate in 2008
baseball_dad Wrote:If that is Couch's true stat line, then he deserves it. From what I have seen by him, no way. Hey, JMO.

Well apparently you haven't seen Couch play much. He was the best pitcher and hitter in the region this year and the stats grindy12 provided were accurate.
I don't think anyone should have any negative comments about who gets picked! Congrats to all! Of course there are some who should have been on there, but I don't think anyone should downplay a kid who made the team!
Live to Hunt Wrote:Well apparently you haven't seen Couch play much. He was the best pitcher and hitter in the region this year and the stats grindy12 provided were accurate.

I guess we can agree to disagree. I've seen him play 3 times this past season and he didn't impress me. Best pitcher in the region? Nope. Best hitter in the region? Nope.

He was selected by the committee and I congratulate him. Is he deserving, sure he is.
baseball_dad Wrote:I guess we can agree to disagree. I've seen him play 3 times this past season and he didn't impress me. Best pitcher in the region? Nope. Best hitter in the region? Nope.

He was selected by the committee and I congratulate him. Is he deserving, sure he is.

Who was better...? Brandon Smith? Evan Potter? Ryan Hall?
Whoever the shortstop was i thought was the best player on the team...great in the field and can hit a little bit...if im not mistaken it was Hall correct me if im wrong here.
RollEm97 Wrote:Whoever the shortstop was i thought was the best player on the team...great in the field and can hit a little bit...if im not mistaken it was Hall correct me if im wrong here.

I believe Hall played at 3rd. Potter quit the team after 3-4 games and Smith was their catcher. Smith did play SS during the last few games.