Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best basketball for the '08 season. Who will win county?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wonderin who you all thought would win county next year.
IMO, in the girls Pikeville or Dorton in the boys Virgie
in the girls, i pick belfry or pikeville... dorton has a chance in there 2 but need to step up their game and gain a little height... their should-be pint guard courtney wright is about 4'8"... give or take an inch or 2... in the boys, i pick pikeville with a chance of dorton in their... IMO, virgie will NOT be good nxt yr at all... but ya nvr know... good luck 2 dorton though...
Mullins might sneak up on you.
mullins? i would say p-ville or belfry for sure...EC will also have some speed with a couple 3 pt. shooters...but p-ville will definately be a finalist and dorton also has a very good chance also.
kyfan5 Wrote:mullins? i would say p-ville or belfry for sure...EC will also have some speed with a couple 3 pt. shooters...but p-ville will definately be a finalist and dorton also has a very good chance also.

i agree. but mullins wont even begin to sneak
rallo316 Wrote:Mullins might sneak up on you.
Mullins..ha. thats funny
Mullins...not much you can say about that team..but they wont sneak up on nobody wait they might sneak up on Feds Creek
If i'am not mistaked i rember Mullins winning the county championship 5 years ago
at Dorton gym Esther Fleming missed both free throws to win and or tie the game with no time remaining
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:IMO, in the girls Pikeville or Dorton in the boys Virgie

Virgie will get somewhat far. But I see no county championship in 08 for them

My bet is Pikeville against Virgie or Belfry. Probably Virgie
Did virgie beat belfry last year?
I Think in the Girls B-Ball it will be either Belfry or P-Ville....Belfry has a very good coach this year and I think that Howard and Mccoy will really hep Belfry!!!
PGL Wrote:If i'am not mistaked i rember Mullins winning the county championship 5 years ago
at Dorton gym Esther Fleming missed both free throws to win and or tie the game with no time remaining

and if im not mistaken ester fleming is a girl and were talking about boys basketball
if we could stay back and play like they do at pikeville we would be great too
What do you mean stay back? If there is a hold back its do to age because the few kids i know that are hold backs at Pikeville are younger then kids that werent hold backs.
I think Pikeville will appear in the County Championship for the third sraight year and take their 2nd straight championship back to T.W. Oliver.
Mullins beat Belfry already and are 4-1 in district.
all you people that said Mullins did not have a chance where you at now say something.