Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WSIP Danny Johnson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did I hear Danny Johnson say during Johnson Central baseball game that Justin Murray is a contender for Mr. Basketball?? Is this the best WSIP can do? To have a statement that BOLD on the radio is irresponsible broadcasting. To be a former coach and to see the talent his seen, he knows better to say that or does he? Please give better reporting or stay off the air!
srs Wrote:Did I hear Danny Johnson say during Johnson Central baseball game that Justin Murray is a contender for Mr. Basketball?? Is this the best WSIP can do? To have a statement that BOLD on the radio is irresponsible broadcasting. To be a former coach and to see the talent his seen, he knows better to say that or does he? Please give better reporting or stay off the air!
Danny wouldn't say that...he knows better!! He didn't say that about McCarty so he surely wouldn't say that about Murray!
bball fan Wrote:Danny wouldn't say that...he knows better!! He didn't say that about McCarty so he surely wouldn't say that about Murray!

Amen to that!
It wouldnt surprise me one bit that Danny would say that, he is classless.
BlueBells Wrote:It wouldnt surprise me one bit that Danny would say that, he is classless.

Then you don't know Mr. Johnson.
Yeah he did say it but I think he was referring to the best the 15th has to offer as a contender for Mr. Basketball. He said Murray turned heads of the state's coaches by competiting in a tournament and earning MVP. Danny is not a classless person and only says what he believes, just like many of us Smile
EagleMom Wrote:Then you don't know Mr. Johnson.

sorry but I grew up with Danny.Wink
BlueBells Wrote:sorry but I grew up with Danny.Wink

I don't see what you say is "classless" about him. Everytime I have met him he has been a genuinely kind and friendly guy.
Danny Johnson is a class guy...end of story!! Justin Murray is getting way too much ink of BG Rivals right now! Just leave JC alone, they need a summer with no distractions!!!
A good friend of mine coaches at a central ky school and he called me after on of the summer tourneys and ask me who this kid was. He said Murray really turned some heads and opened some eyes at their tourney. I wouldnt call Danny classless, and if you are calling him classless then you must be a Paintsville fan because he is biassed towards JC.
bball fan Wrote:Danny Johnson is a class guy...end of story!! Justin Murray is getting way too much ink of BG Rivals right now! Just leave JC alone, they need a summer with no distractions!!!

Amen to that!
bball fan Wrote:Danny Johnson is a class guy...end of story!! Justin Murray is getting way too much ink of BG Rivals right now! Just leave JC alone, they need a summer with no distractions!!!
The distractions aren't the fault of BluegrassRivals.
Certain schools, players, and people become distractions then are talked about on BluegrassRivals.
Danny Johnson is a class act and I really think what he was trying to say was that Justin had a great camp.I believe Danny's statement was misunderstood.Everyone knows that Murray is not a contender for Mr. Basketball!!!It was just his way of saying great job Justin with his wacky sense of humor kicking in !!!
If Danny Johnson is classless for voicing his opinion, then so is everyone else on this board that voices theres, including you SRS. So does opinionating also go under your term of "slander"? Cause if it does, then you're quite the Procrastinator.
Personally I think the world of Danny Johnson and the rest of the WSIP broadcasting crew including Spike. They have contributed greatly to the folks of Johnson Co. for quite some time now. Back in the day Spike and WSIP used to broadcast Little League baseball games. Some of the games that I played in as a youngster allowed my late grandmother to listen to them when she couldn't make the trip and I'll be forever grateful to them for that. Thank you Spike and the rest of the WSIP crew.
Danny Johnson is a good radio announcer as far as I'm concerned
I agree!!!
I like the new guy that took Randy Wards spot at WSIP...Ward struggled!!