Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Auburn 77 Kentucky 71
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Same story as last year against Kansas State. PJ Washington kept us in the game but he also helped lose us the game with missed free throws.

But this one boils down to Hagans turnovers and inability to score and Tyler Herro didn’t show up. Also something to think about is why did Cal quit going to Reed? He literally scored every time he touched the ball in the first half and he was on a role.
get out the footballs as we say in Mayfield
Tourney no longer any fun
I want to hear the numbers of the broadcasts for these next three games. Because I feel as if people other then you feel the same way.
Spud6 Wrote:I want to hear the numbers of the broadcasts for these next three games. Because I feel as if people other then you feel the same way.

I cant imagine they will be challenging the records for most watched Final Four/Championship games. Two schools in their first ever Final Four as well as Virginia making their first Final Four since 1984, one year after being the first 1 seed to ever lose to a 16 seed.

Some intriguing stories there but I dont think enough of an intrigue to make this one of the most watched Final Fours in history, maybe one of the least watched though.
This was just such a weird game. Auburn could never really get in a rhythm from 3, but was able to get in the paint so easily. We had so many chances to put this game away. It’s hard to keep a lead when you miss so many free throws and have turnover after turnover. Very frustrating game to watch and a super disappointing end to the season.

I can’t imagine next years team will be much of a title contender considering we will probably lose every starter but Hagans plus the possibility of a couple of guys off the bench transferring. Would love to see Tyler Herro stay for another season and really grow as a player but I don’t see it happening.
12-21 Free throw shooting, Ashton Hagans turning the ball over 7 times and our guards complete inability to make a shot killed us in this one. Hagans and Quickley need to be in the gym shooting today, they can't hit wide open jump shots at ALL. Big thanks to PJ Washington for being a warrior, wish someone else on the team could've stepped up and helped him out yesterday.
Cal must go.
My disappointment is immeasurable and my whole freaking week is ruined. I honestly couldn't care less who wins this damn tournament.
Don’t worry guys, just wait till next year. We will have another group of NBA first round picks, roster full of 5-Stars so we can fizzle out before the title game.
We have elite talent and play boring basketball. Cal will never get Superstars again.

Cal must go.
You guys whine too much! We lost. Simple as that. The sun came up the next morning and there are a couple of silver linings.

1-Texas Tech makes it's first appearance in the final four in school history
2-Auburn makes it's first appearance in the final four in school history
3-Duke ain't going to the final four
4-Virginia back after 35 years

So I'm going to relax and since I have no investment in any of the teams, finally enjoy watching the games.

Always next year!!

Wink
One and done recruiting will not ever win a national championship. Get use to it
AnswertheBell Wrote:One and done recruiting will not ever win a national championship. Get use to it

Hey is Tennessee gonna raise a banner for the Sweet 16 they flamed out in since that's the only accomplishment they had this season?
Granny Bear Wrote:You guys whine too much! We lost. Simple as that. The sun came up the next morning and there are a couple of silver linings

Duke ain't going to the final four

Football team is playing a lot better making football fun again
hat's about the extent of positives for me, doubt I watch
Do you all really want Cal gone? You’re crazy
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Hey is Tennessee gonna raise a banner for the Sweet 16 they flamed out in since that's the only accomplishment they had this season?

No but Aurburn Michigan State Texas Texas or Virginia will raise a nation championship banner and Kentucky never will as long as they do one year and done recruiting. Make no mistake if several stay they may accomplish it but all one and don forget it. Hey Matt Jones Kentucky will never win another national championship with all one and done kids.
After thinking about the, hell who am I to tell you that , if you are comfortable being the third best team in SEC , so be it. Enjoy the Cal years and your one and done sweet sixteen runs and Sec 3rd places. Have fun
At the end of the day, you need at least one experienced guard on the roster to be able to make a run at a championship. It's as simple as that!!
AnswertheBell Wrote:After thinking about the, hell who am I to tell you that , if you are comfortable being the third best team in SEC , so be it. Enjoy the Cal years and your one and done sweet sixteen runs and Sec 3rd places. Have fun

Funny, we've raised 2 Final Four banners, a runner-up banner and a national title banner under Cal, an infinite number more than Tennessee under Barnes. Also, Tennessee was the one that lost in the Sweet 16, not Kentucky. In Cal's tenure, we have 5 SEC regular season titles and 6 SEC tournament titles, I don't think we'll finish 3rd all that often but enjoy that double runner-up in the SEC :hilarious::hilarious:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Funny, we've raised 2 Final Four banners, a runner-up banner and a national title banner under Cal, an infinite number more than Tennessee under Barnes. Also, Tennessee was the one that lost in the Sweet 16, not Kentucky. In Cal's tenure, we have 5 SEC regular season titles and 6 SEC tournament titles, I don't think we'll finish 3rd all that often but enjoy that double runner-up in the SEC :hilarious::hilarious:

So that is what you want from Kentucky Basketball? Comparing it to Tn. That is exactly what most are upset about. National Championships not SEC Championships. You are gradually losing the standards. As long as you do the one and done you will never win another. Who does Cal work for UK or NBA
AnswertheBell Wrote:After thinking about the, hell who am I to tell you that , if you are comfortable being the third best team in SEC , so be it. Enjoy the Cal years and your one and done sweet sixteen runs and Sec 3rd places. Have fun
:Thumbs: I think UK was the #1 or #2 best team in the SEC when the conference schedule kicked off. They finished as no better than 4th, IMO. Only the injury to Okeke allowed UK to hang close with Auburn.

A team as young and talented as Kentucky should have improved more than any team in the conference during the season and it just never happened. As Calipari said, the Cats were outplayed and outcoached against Auburn.