Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 62 Houston 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a tough game. Cats looked to have it in the bag the first half but Houston came out with a new found energy and the Cats looked flat. But man oh man what a win. Houston smacked us in the mouth and with 5 minutes left in the game it looked grim for the Cats. But PJ showed why he should have been the SEC player of the year and Tyler Herro is a bucket and we are heading to the elite 8!!!!

We play Sunday at 2:20 against a very, very scary Auburn team.
If Okeke hadn’t got hurt, I think we may have been in trouble against a team that’s on an unreal hot streak. But he does so much for them, and PJ looked so good last night, I think we will have enough to pull out another nail biter. By the way, how would you like to have to beat Kansas, North Carolina and Kentucky in order just to get to the Final Four? That’s what Auburn may be about to do, we can’t let that happen.
Oops meant to put this in Kentucky-Auburn thread, but you get the idea.
Auburns run is even crazier when you go back to the SEC tourney where they dismantled Tennessee as well

They are incredibly hot right now and also something to ponder, this shouldn’t come as a surprise. They were highly ranked in the preseason and the first couple weeks but went through a rough patch.
Auburn has a chance but will miss their injured player.
Way to go CATS!
I went over to the N Carolina message boards this morning to see how the fans there were taking the loss. The very first thread I saw was them moaning about the cheer "SEC, SEC, SEC!" that was being chanted at the end of their game and how mad it made them. That alone gave me great pleasure but it got better for me. UK played next so there were a large number of UK fans there and they blamed the UK fans for the SEC cheer. They were probably half right but I love that it got under their holier than though skins. I find some (a lot actually) of their fan base to be hypocrites
Buddy of mine is a big UNC fan and was blaming refs and I called him out saying at one point the fouls were 14-13 so pretty even to me. And then he never said nothing else. Bruce Pearl brought up in the interview about how the SEC prepared them for this moment and it’s true. The SEC is dang good this season and gritty teams all over it.
Spud6 Wrote:Buddy of mine is a big UNC fan and was blaming refs and I called him out saying at one point the fouls were 14-13 so pretty even to me. And then he never said nothing else. Bruce Pearl brought up in the interview about how the SEC prepared them for this moment and it’s true. The SEC is dang good this season and gritty teams all over it.

Piggybacking on your SEC comments, I'm really glad commissioner Sankey put more emphasis on basketball in the SEC. It's always been and probably always will be a football conference but it's nice to see SEC basketball become more than Kentucky dominating with occasional breakthroughs by Arkansas, Florida, LSU, and Tennessee every few decades or so. The SEC being better at basketball helps UK's strength of schedule and helps our team get ready for March.

Call me crazy, but all the coach firings here lately in the SEC are indicative that these schools are finally starting to take basketball more seriously. 7 teams making the tournament and putting 4 in the sweet 16 and 1 guaranteed to make the Final 4 looks good for the conference. I'll admit i'm a big SEC homer but I love hearing that chant when an SEC team is playing and beating an out-of-conference school.