Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 7 on 7 Powell co. 3 Paris 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Powell co. scored 3 td's , Paris scored 2. Billy Rice and Jesse Rose both threw for scores.
Jesse Rose also caught a score.
Anyone else stand out?
Wesley Branham made several nice catches. Jordan Wright looked good also.
Powell has several kids who can catch the football. One of Powell's better receivers Crowe wasn't there. Blackford is still trying to get back in rythem after being out a season.
Powell has 4 or 5 kids who are threats at receivers. Powell also had their line going against Paris's line. Powell's line was twice as big. Good things are gonna happen for Powell co. this season.
Powell had a couple of really big lineman. Paris couldn't have put two lineman together and made one that was as big as Powell's big guys. I know they had a couple of lineman that had to be 6'3 300 pounds or better. The big Story kid is playing this season and he's gonna be a good one. He's 6'3 260.
How many 300 pounders are there???? I thought Blackford played varsity ball for GRC last year?
He didn't play at GRC. Andrew Ledford is 6'2 300 but he is playing in an all-star game in Austraila or somewhere right now. The Elam kid is 6'3 and I'd say over 300lbs.
Sexton is 6'3 250. They're big boys. Story is 6'3
260 and the Howell kid is 6'3 220.
Powell will be pretty good this season.
300 lbs and stationary is not a good thing. I saw them last year and they lack mobility. I would try to shed some of the weight and gain some quickness.
RIP_28 Wrote:Powell co. scored 3 td's , Paris scored 2. Billy Rice and Jesse Rose both threw for scores.
Jesse Rose also caught a score.

Billy Rice was the only qb to throw a td but jesse did catch one. The whole team looked good.
baseballking Wrote:Billy Rice was the only qb to throw a td but jesse did catch one. The whole team looked good.
Jesse threw one also.
howell is 6'2 and is 240. he is all muscles. there is no fat and these other lineman for powell co that are in the 300 range are not heavy weight wise they have all gained a lot of muscle mass. yes good things are going to happen for powell county
Powell wins 6 games MINIMUM.
Breathitt and Flemming will be the only 2 teams that will be possibly more talented.
Powell is big, Powell has 4 or 5 receivers who can make big plays and a good running back in the Blackford kid. Coach Mike Whitaker is one of the best coaches in the state and Powell will be ready. Look for a special season, All the pieces of the puzzle are in place for a break out season. I'm saying Powell county could possibly finish 8-2 and be in the playoffs.
8-2 with the 2 losses to Breathitt and Fleming?

The non dist. games are
1. Morgan
2. Bath
3. Lewis
4. Betsy Layne
5. Berea
6. ????(Phelps)????not for sure on this one

Dist. games are
1. Breathitt
2. Cawood
3. Estill
4. Fleming

Of the 6 non dist. games, 2 could be tough, / in the dist. it will be a battle to see who goes and who stays.
Opens with Jackson co.
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:8-2 with the 2 losses to Breathitt and Fleming?

The non dist. games are
1. Morgan
2. Bath
3. Lewis
4. Betsy Layne
5. Berea
6. ????(Phelps)????not for sure on this one

Dist. games are
1. Breathitt
2. Cawood
3. Estill
4. Fleming

Of the 6 non dist. games, 2 could be tough, / in the dist. it will be a battle to see who goes and who stays.
I think that they may improve somewhat but if they aren't hitting the weights like some are saying on here then they will have problems. The 7 on 7 scrimmages are fun but there is no contact or pads. It is hard to see what you have without the full contact. All quarterbacks look great without a rush on them and time to throw. I know this from experience last year.
Powell Co. fans:

I know that you went head to head against Lawrence County last week and they tied you guys. What did you think of the Bulldogs for this year?