Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Former Eagle now a Tiger?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The buzz in town is that some Central player is practicing with the Tigers this summer. Is this just for fun, or is it real practice? Don't know who it is, just wondering if someone has heard of this.:confused:
i know of it being completely true but i will not reveal a name until its actually confirmed hes moving there.
jchsrulz Wrote:The buzz in town is that some Central player is practicing with the Tigers this summer. Is this just for fun, or is it real practice? Don't know who it is, just wondering if someone has heard of this.:confused:

This shouldn't be that hard to figure out. I'm going to guess it's Ian Welch. Am I correct? I've heard that he's either going to Sheldon Clark, Lawrence County, or Paintsville. It will be very hard for him to get eligible anywhere since his family just purchased another home in the Johnson County school district. I don't see them moving out of the house that they bought this soon though but who knows. My question is why is Ian so unhappy at Johnson Central?
Don Carlo Wrote:This shouldn't be that hard to figure out. I'm going to guess it's Ian Welch. Am I correct? I've heard that he's either going to Sheldon Clark, Lawrence County, or Paintsville. It will be very hard for him to get eligible anywhere since his family just purchased another home in the Johnson County school district. I don't see them moving out of the house that they bought this soon though but who knows. My question is why is Ian so unhappy at Johnson Central?
It ain't Ian.
The Guru Wrote:It ain't Ian.
Your right, it not.

BUT

Getting eligible is always the thing that throws a kink in transferring now adays.
Do we know who it is yet?
meganwillis10 Wrote:Do we know who it is yet?
Yes, but as far as I know, he is still enrolled at JCHS. He ain't coming to Paintsville, IMO, so this is really moot.
Now...if he were about 6'8", 240#'s, then I could get excited!!!
Does anyone across the creek know if he has attempted transfer yet???

besides....i thought this was to be a secret!!!!
We are such blabbermouths!!!LOL
From what I was told today the player in question has told JC coaches that he plans to move. However they told him they are def. not releasing him unless a move happens. And this player is not Ian and IMO really couldn't help Pville anyway.
eaglehoops Wrote:From what I was told today the player in question has told JC coaches that he plans to move. However they told him they are def. not releasing him unless a move happens. And this player is not Ian and IMO really couldn't help Pville anyway.

Anybody releasing anybody has absolutely nothing to do with anything. It is not a factor at all. It is solely up to the KHSAA to determine eligibility, and they could still determine that it is a sports motivated move and still deny eligibility.

These things are not simple things anymore. Personally I cant see how in the world he will be granted eligibility.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Anybody releasing anybody has absolutely nothing to do with anything. It is not a factor at all. It is solely up to the KHSAA to determine eligibility, and they could still determine that it is a sports motivated move and still deny eligibility.

These things are not simple things anymore. Personally I cant see how in the world he will be granted eligibility.
You are right Kimball, I transferred during my sophomore year and the school I left was ok with it but the KHSAA wasnt, so I had to sit out a complete calender year before competing. That was 15 years ago and now the KHSAA is really puting emphasis on stopping these kids from transferring just to play sports.
Any word on who the kid is yet? I have my thoughts, but I would like to hear somthing real before I comment.
eaglehoops Wrote:From what I was told today the player in question has told JC coaches that he plans to move. However they told him they are def. not releasing him unless a move happens. And this player is not Ian and IMO really couldn't help Pville anyway.

See you guys say shit like that now, just like everyone did when Wes Ward and Hans Doderer etc. left JC, THEN you turn around and bitch and complain and start that "Paintsville wouldn't be any good without the county boys playin for em". If the kid couldn't help Pville anyways, then why wouldn't the JC coaches release him???
Redneck Wrote:See you guys say shit like that now, just like everyone did when Wes Ward and Hans Doderer etc. left JC, THEN you turn around and bitch and complain and start that "Paintsville wouldn't be any good without the county boys playin for em". If the kid couldn't help Pville anyways, then why wouldn't the JC coaches release him???

You don't have to be released in high school but you do in college
the decsion is up to KHSAA
Redneck Wrote:See you guys say shit like that now, just like everyone did when Wes Ward and Hans Doderer etc. left JC, THEN you turn around and bitch and complain and start that "Paintsville wouldn't be any good without the county boys playin for em". If the kid couldn't help Pville anyways, then why wouldn't the JC coaches release him???

I never said anything about the past only about the present. IMO the kid in question could help JC but really couldn't help an already loaded Pville team. I just think this is plain DIRTY of the player who said "I only want to win a regional title my Sr. year" and that is a direct quote coming straight from him. If I were a teammate of his @ JC I would really want him gone!
Found out that it's Justin Murray.
eaglehoops Wrote:I never said anything about the past only about the present. IMO the kid in question could help JC but really couldn't help an already loaded Pville team. I just think this is plain DIRTY of the player who said "I only want to win a regional title my Sr. year" and that is a direct quote coming straight from him. If I were a teammate of his @ JC I would really want him gone!

After watching this kid that past three years I'm not shocked at all that he would say something like that. He only cares about himself and has NO team concept in him what so ever. I wonder how Coach Runyon would react if Murray's dad came down to the bench to talk to him about Justin not being in the ball game during a game. This happened last year to Starn's after he set Murray down for being a ball hog and for poor play on the defensive end. He(the dad) then went on and tried to talk his son into quitting during the ball game for pete's sake. I wished Coach Starns would've showed hin the door last year.
Don Carlo Wrote:After watching this kid that past three years I'm not shocked at all that he would say something like that. He only cares about himself and has NO team concept in him what so ever. I wonder how Coach Runyon would react if Murray's dad came down to the bench to talk to him about Justin not being in the ball game during a game. This happened last year to Starn's after he set Murray down for being a ball hog and for poor play on the defensive end. He(the dad) then went on and tried to talk his son into quitting during the ball game for pete's sake. I wished Coach Starns would've showed hin the door last year.
:o ...Now that would be embarrising. It sounds to me like its more the dads fault than the kids.
Moe Wrote::o ...Now that would be embarrising. It sounds to me like its more the dads fault than the kids.

Trust me from what I've seen the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
Murray to Paintsville would be more bad news for that group of underachievers!!
Don Carlo Wrote:After watching this kid that past three years I'm not shocked at all that he would say something like that. He only cares about himself and has NO team concept in him what so ever. I wonder how Coach Runyon would react if Murray's dad came down to the bench to talk to him about Justin not being in the ball game during a game. This happened last year to Starn's after he set Murray down for being a ball hog and for poor play on the defensive end. He(the dad) then went on and tried to talk his son into quitting during the ball game for pete's sake. I wished Coach Starns would've showed hin the door last year.

So Starnes sat Murray for bein a ball hog and not playin defense? Why didn't he ever do that to McCarty?

Murray wouldn't play for Coach Runyon, his attitude sucks and Coach R doesn't like a kid with a bad attitude.
Redneck Wrote:So Starnes sat Murray for bein a ball hog and not playin defense? Why didn't he ever do that to McCarty?

Murray wouldn't play for Coach Runyon, his attitude sucks and Coach R doesn't like a kid with a bad attitude.
Because Murray couldn't hold McCarty's jock on the offensive end....

..and you are right, Runyon would not put up with Murray's attitude!!
bball fan Wrote:Because Murray couldn't hold McCarty's jock on the offensive end....

..and you are right, Runyon would not put up with Murray's attitude!!

Why not? He puts up with attitudes from his other players...so why not add another attitude to the mix?
I was told that Steve Whitaker has already signed his release. And made a comment that he was pleased to get rid of him and his daddy. Central dont want him, and no one at Paintsville wants him either. Poor kid, him and his family have burnt the rope at both ends.
He has not been offically released yet from JC. Which basically means they haven't sent JM's records to Pville yet. Murray is a heck of a player but likes to "party" way too much and doesn't have the work ethic to compete at a higher level. Murray has told many that BMR promised him a starting position next season. Whitaker along with JC's AD are looking into the possibility of recruiting violations as of today. Things could get HOT in Johnson County. I'll keep ya posted.
eaglehoops Wrote:He has not been offically released yet from JC. Which basically means they haven't sent JM's records to Pville yet. Murray is a heck of a player but likes to "party" way too much and doesn't have the work ethic to compete at a higher level. Murray has told many that BMR promised him a starting position next season. Whitaker along with JC's AD are looking into the possibility of recruiting violations as of today. Things could get HOT in Johnson County. I'll keep ya posted.

ROFLMBO
Whitaker and the AD can look all they want, but I don't believe they're really looking for anything other than his records and a big ol postage stamp.
If things get "HOT" anywhere, it'll be on Second Street.
It's past time for the "Paintsville Boys" to finally speak up and stop being played.
eaglehoops Wrote:He has not been offically released yet from JC. Which basically means they haven't sent JM's records to Pville yet. Murray is a heck of a player but likes to "party" way too much and doesn't have the work ethic to compete at a higher level. Murray has told many that BMR promised him a starting position next season. Whitaker along with JC's AD are looking into the possibility of recruiting violations as of today. Things could get HOT in Johnson County. I'll keep ya posted.
I very seriously doubt that any body at JC would give the first whoop-ti-do if there were any recruiting violations or not in this particular case. Besides, the AD is on vacation in Florida right now.

I doubt that things will heat up the first bit. I think there will be a dont let the door hit you on the way out attitude.
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Whitaker and the AD can look all they want, but I don't believe they're really looking for anything other than his records and a big ol postage stamp.
If things get "HOT" anywhere, it'll be on Second Street.
It's past time for the "Paintsville Boys" to finally speak up and stop being played.

:lmao:

:thatsfunn

:lmao:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I very seriously doubt that any body at JC would give the first whoop-ti-do if there were any recruiting violations or not in this particular case. Besides, the AD is on vacation in Florida right now.

I doubt that things will heat up the first bit. I think there will be a dont let the door hit you on the way out attitude.

:letsparty :rockon: :Clap:

:lmao: That's the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life. Who is he gonna start over? Paintsville starts 3 gaurds.
Pages: 1 2 3 4