Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 16th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why do 16th Region teams only schedule each other? Very few play teams outside of their region. Extremely weak schedules.
??????????
Seems like the 16 region teams do only play in the area and do not venture out to other parts of the state much. Some of it may be due to travel costs etc; Elliott County is really only team I remember in past few years traveling out of East Ky to play, as they have played in the Lex Catholic tournamen
t a few times.
Will Elliott be good next year?
Who will be the preseason favorite in the 16th region? 2019-2020 season.
Elliott
Ya know Elliott has put together a few years of dominance in the 16th. For years it was Boyd or Ashland that came out of there as region champs every year.
eky.sports.fan Wrote:Seems like the 16 region teams do only play in the area and do not venture out to other parts of the state much. Some of it may be due to travel costs etc; Elliott County is really only team I remember in past few years traveling out of East Ky to play, as they have played in the Lex Catholic tournamen
t a few times.
Russell traveled to the Simon Kenton Invitational(Northern,KY) this past season played NCC,Dixie Heights,North Oldham, and across the river to Wheelersburg,Ohio. Played Adair and Anderson Counties as well at Bath County's tourney.Wheelersburg,Ohio would have beat most teams in East,Ky. I don't think it is fair to say all teams in the 16th play weak competition. Russell also played Johnson Central at Bath County who won the 15th region.

Russell will also travel to Pigeon Forge,TN to play in the King of the Smokies Christmas Classic in December 2019.
When was the last time Russell was a player in the 16th region?
RaylinGivens Wrote:When was the last time Russell was a player in the 16th region?
Russell won the 2006 16th region and would have probably won in 2007 had Jon Vanhoose not got hurt with a torn acl. My point is that Russell isn't afraid to go out and play good competition.
over the past 8 years Rowan has played in the King of the Bluegrass in louisville, Daytona beach classic in Florida, played in pigeon forge Christmas tourney, went to several Christmas tourneys around the state. Year in and year out they have played as good of schedule or better than anyone in the region. I saw where next season they are going to Florida to play in a tourney, play at Campbell county, play Lafayette in Lexington , Wayne county, Lincoln co, butler.
Russell was 26-8 in 2013. Won the All A. Lost in semis to Rowan in region.