Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Coach at Valley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rodney Rowe new/old girls coach at the vallry
Napier will be sadly missed, that's for sure, both on the hardwood and the diamond - but Rowe will be great for Lady Kats basketball, too!
Congrats Caoch Rowe I know you will do great.

Lets see that will be Halbert Rowe and Spears in the 59th very colorful groupBig Grin
Good Luck Ladycats!
congrats rodney! i know you and the valley cats will do great things this year!
congrats coach rowe
Rodney is a fine person and a very good coach......if this is true, Good Luck Rod....I know you will do well.
Congratulations Coach Rowe and Lady Kats. Looking forward to an awesome season. Wow, what a barn burner it will be when we face the Lady Warriors. Can I buy tickets now????
will coach johnny stay with the team?
Rowe has asked him to help but nothing official! i sure hope so!
Congrats Rowe, they got a good coach in Rowe known to win at Valley.
the best coach in the 15th has returned to the valley
Congrats Coach Rowe....the girls are lucky to have a coach like u... we are all expecting great things
Best of luck to Coach Rowe and Shelby Valley. No coach as good as Rowe should be watching from the stands! I did not care for the way Coach Rowe was quietly ushered out the back door of the boys program and he certainly deserves this opportunity. Best of luck!
what grade will the smallwood twins be in next year?
good luck valley next season.
heard that johnny will not be back. i heard that rowes wife and brother are the coaches any truth to that
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:what grade will the smallwood twins be in next year?
good luck valley next season.

Kayla and Courtney will be Seniors.
With the "way Rowe went out" of the Boys program, will there be any conflict now that he and Booher will both be competing for gym time?

Guess Gilpin will earn that title of AD more than ever--maybe peacekeeper will be a better title.....
valleyrules101 Wrote:heard that johnny will not be back. i heard that rowes wife and brother are the coaches any truth to that
Last I heard, Johnny Alvin was on the sidelines at a scrimmage. Doe Doe has his own program with the Virgie boys and will not be officially helping coach the SV girls, and his wife is still a possibility. They need a female on the bench and in the locker room, and as a former player, I think Mrs. Rowe would be a good choice. Coach Rowe will be criticized for "hiring" his wife, I'm sure. But, lots of coaches do that. And, she is credible, being a star player at Virgie and all. I for one am excited about this program. The girls are looking good in the scrimmages so far.
UKRULES Wrote:With the "way Rowe went out" of the Boys program, will there be any conflict now that he and Booher will both be competing for gym time?

Guess Gilpin will earn that title of AD more than ever--maybe peacekeeper will be a better title.....
Rodney's a class act, so I would not anticipate any problems. He has been in that gym during the last two years following the games, and works at the school and all. Nothing to worry about. I think that just goes to show you how much he loves the game.... not many coaches would be able to come back to an athletic program that treated him the way Valley did with the boys. It's all good. Valley should have one heck of a year with the boys and the girls.
Rodney is a class act. Good Luck in the upcoming season.
Congrats coach Rowe... He will do a fantastic job. Also, congrats Napier.
oohhh big star player at virgie knows everything. that is a joke. i think its pathetic that he is going to hire his wife. why not get a deserving teacher that could do it

all-or-nothing Wrote:Last I heard, Johnny Alvin was on the sidelines at a scrimmage. Doe Doe has his own program with the Virgie boys and will not be officially helping coach the SV girls, and his wife is still a possibility. They need a female on the bench and in the locker room, and as a former player, I think Mrs. Rowe would be a good choice. Coach Rowe will be criticized for "hiring" his wife, I'm sure. But, lots of coaches do that. And, she is credible, being a star player at Virgie and all. I for one am excited about this program. The girls are looking good in the scrimmages so far.
valleyrules101 Wrote:oohhh big star player at virgie knows everything. that is a joke. i think its pathetic that he is going to hire his wife. why not get a deserving teacher that could do it
I didn't say she knew everything. Your response is a little too hostile, I think. Also, there has been no indication that she would be an assistant coach - just something I heard. Deserving teacher at Valley? You obviously have someone in mind. Remember, it needs to be a female. So, who do you suggest?
I for one see no problem with him hiring his wife or no coach that hires his wife.If the wife is a teacher.A male coach needs a female to be there,if his was a player in school that would a double bonus.I have no dog in this race this only my opinion.Plus with all the back stabbing that goes on in coaching you need someone you trust.Good luck to all the teams and coaches
All posts should be positive towards players and coaches.I hope the all the programs in the mts reach their goals in the upcoming season.
You know that saying, "if you can't say anything good don't say it at all" . That should be the #1 rule for posting. I do believe that a woman should be hired and why not his wife. As far as I know they are good christian people what more can you ask for. Good Luck coaches and lady cats of shelby valley!!!!!
Hey I'm on my moms name but I think that u should hear some people on the teams opinion.
I think it would be good to have a woman on the coaching staff even if it she knew anything a bout basketball or not.
But since she does she seems like someone anyone could consider putting on their team not just her husband.
Also people have no right to come on here criticizing people based on a rumor its stupid.
congrats to Rodney Rowe
Best of luck to coach Rodney Rowe! The man knows a lot about basketball, and those girls will benefit by having him as coach. Napier did such a great job and left some big shoes to fill, but I believe Rowe will be able to do it well.

That said, hopefully Alvin will stay on as assistant, being groomed to take over the head post someday when Rowe decides it's time to hang it up.
Pages: 1 2