Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Just to clear something up..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anthony Hampton is not leaving Shelby Valley. He has been getting numerous calls about jobs across Eastern Kentucky, even the beloved Pikeville Panthers, lol, who think their coach Copley is everything, but no, Hampton himself told me that he will not be going anywhere.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Anthony Hampton is not leaving Shelby Valley. He has been getting numerous calls about jobs across Eastern Kentucky, even the beloved Pikeville Panthers, lol, who think their coach Copley is everything, but no, Hampton himself told me that he will not be going anywhere.
Who is Anthony Hampton?? SV's head coach??? And if Pikeville did call this guy, I am sure it was about the vacent Jr. High job!!
LOL, umm no, Pikeville told Hampton, the weight lifting and defensive coordinator for SV, that if he wanted to come to Pikeville, they wouldn't bring back Copley.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:LOL, umm no, Pikeville told Hampton, the weight lifting and defensive coordinator for SV, that if he wanted to come to Pikeville, they wouldn't bring back Copley.

Alright, then, since you are claiming to know this to be fact, state WHO made this statement to Coach Hampton. As good a guy as I hear Coach Hampton is, I don't think there's anybody the administration there would feel better about running a strength program than Coach Copley...his work and the INCREDIBLE relationship he has with kids he pushes VERY hard is probably unmatched in high school football ANYWHERE!

If you don't feel "confident" enough to do name your "source" publicly, I'd be glad to get a PM from you and ask that person directly. (Though I'm sure you won't 'man-up' and do this since it's obviously a false statement.)

In other words, I am saying that you are 101% off-base with your information...and isn't knowingly posting false information against BGR rules?

Further, I wonder if posting something IN WRITING negatively about someone's JOB STATUS erroneously be subject to LIBEL in court?
Yeah really, who are you to be telling us what is fact and who talked to who...You don't have any credibility...
um newsflash--you don't have to believe something on a computer screen. it's a plastic moniter.
if you have reservations with what someone says on here, ask a reliable source personally.
pretty sure the guy was just making the point that anthony hampton wasn't switching schools. geesh, take a chill pill.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:LOL, umm no, Pikeville told Hampton, the weight lifting and defensive coordinator for SV, that if he wanted to come to Pikeville, they wouldn't bring back Copley.
When it comes the day that Pikeville High School starts looking to Shelby Valley for help with their football program then it is time to drop the program!!!

In other words, this statement is a joke and I would say that if someone did make this statement, that peson is far outside of the PHS circle!!
My monitor is plasma...lol
cig107 Wrote:My monitor is plasma...lol

oh oh oh...MY bad.
Anthony Hampton is a great person and coach! I would love to have him on my staff, but we don't have a PE position open.
MyOwnCinderellaStory Wrote:it's a plastic moniter.
if you have reservations with what someone says on here, ask a reliable source personally.
It's not about that...this guy came on posting that he KNOWS someone at PHS approached another coach and stated that they'd get rid of the current coach/teacher for him. It wasn't an "opinion" -- he stated it as FACT. I just challenge him to back such an OUTRAGEOUS claim with a SOURCE -- otherwise, this site just becomes a rumor mill where anyone can feel free to post anything injurious to anybody.

Anonymity is the mask of the COWARD.

MyOwnCinderellaStory Wrote:pretty sure the guy was just making the point that anthony hampton wasn't switching schools. geesh, take a chill pill.
But he WASN'T "just" making that point .... he was trying to insinuate with FACT that not only wasn't he switching schools, he was doing it even though Pikeville was courting him to REPLACE someone already there.

We're talking about people's LIVELIHOODS, CAREERS, and FAMILIES here. So no, I will NOT take a "chill pill" when people assert things about others' CAREERS that are completely unfounded and false.

I think coaching is about the only profession that invites joe-I-don't-know-anything-about-it-really to criticize without ever considering the consequences to the coach's career. Wouldn't it be great if people would get on message boards about how YOU stink at your job -- even though they've never actually come CLOSE to doing that job themselves.
Sorry you guys, but my source is coach Anthony Hampton, if you want to call him yourself, Shelby Valley is open from 7:30 to 4 until next Wednesday, don't try closing this thread and suspending me and saying this is false, take your time and call him and find out, because he has been called, and he was offered the job.

Here's my sources #, call and ask to speak to Anthony Hampton if you want to question him yourself, *this section edited. Do not give out a third party's contact information through the threads...if necessary do it through PMs.
Thanks...I'll call him this weekend.

If it comes out to be FALSE, do you agree to admit online that you posted wrong information?
That's the schools number, sorry, not giving out a home number on the internet, but yeah, if I'm wrong, even though it was from the sources mouth, I'll admit it, I don't care to.
Panther1 Wrote:It's not about that...this guy came on posting that he KNOWS someone at PHS approached another coach and stated that they'd get rid of the current coach/teacher for him. It wasn't an "opinion" -- he stated it as FACT. I just challenge him to back such an OUTRAGEOUS claim with a SOURCE -- otherwise, this site just becomes a rumor mill where anyone can feel free to post anything injurious to anybody.

Anonymity is the mask of the COWARD.

But he WASN'T "just" making that point .... he was trying to insinuate with FACT that not only wasn't he switching schools, he was doing it even though Pikeville was courting him to REPLACE someone already there.

We're talking about people's LIVELIHOODS, CAREERS, and FAMILIES here. So no, I will NOT take a "chill pill" when people assert things about others' CAREERS that are completely unfounded and false.

I think coaching is about the only profession that invites joe-I-don't-know-anything-about-it-really to criticize without ever considering the consequences to the coach's career. Wouldn't it be great if people would get on message boards about how YOU stink at your job -- even though they've never actually come CLOSE to doing that job themselves.

you have no idea of this person's identity, age, location, nothing, and yet you're obviously believing what he says. if it isn't true, it's called rumors. they happen every single day, if you didn't realize that.
and opinion/fact/whatever point he was making, you STILL don't have to believe what another person says on a community message board.

Panther1 Wrote:Thanks...I'll call him this weekend.

If it comes out to be FALSE, do you agree to admit online that you posted wrong information?

that's totally just you wanting to prove you're right & someone else is wrong.
what does it matter?! it's not like you're going to lose your birthday from it!
Hampton isnt a bad coach at all. But IF Coach J left Id personally rather have Copley. Remember Jackson isnt even gone yet.
It's sad that you all would allow coach J to continue there knowing he applied for another job and was going to throw you all to the gutters.
This thread was "Just to clear some things up" and now has become trash talking about each others coaching staffs with mis-information , accusations, and insinuations that,Yes, affect peoples jobs and livelihoods.

The purpose of the thread was "to clear something up"...I think that Hampton was staying at SV.

The thread is a a dead one because things have now been "cleared up".

Done.

Closed.