Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will Dale Earnhardt Jr be driving for next season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really think he starts his own team, but all his supplies will come from Hendrick Motorsports.
I think he'll go to Richard Childress Racing and drive the #33. RCR and Junior already have an agreement with Junior Motorsports to supply them engines, there's family history, plus there is an open slot for him to race.

JJ Yeley's 2nd place finish at Charlotte helped his cause to stay at Joe Gibbs. Plus, JG frowns on having Budweiser as a sponsor because they lean towards having more family-friendly businesses. There is an open car available from JG because they only run 3 full-time cars.

Casey Mears sealed his deal with Hendrick's last weekend. They have 4 drivers and their stable is full. They'll take their chances on Mears developing more and try to reel in the raw talent of Kyle Busch before they jump on the Junior Bandwagon.
I agree with everything you just posted. I think he'll go to Childress too, and I also believe that the chemistry at RCR will be much better than it would with any other team (exception possibly JG). It seems like the RCR bunch leaves their egos at the door when they get on the track and all seem to work well. If he was smart he'd go to Childress. Can you imagine the revenue that team would rack up if he went there????
jammin' jamey Wrote:I think he'll go to Richard Childress Racing and drive the #33. RCR and Junior already have an agreement with Junior Motorsports to supply them engines, there's family history, plus there is an open slot for him to race.

JJ Yeley's 2nd place finish at Charlotte helped his cause to stay at Joe Gibbs. Plus, JG frowns on having Budweiser as a sponsor because they lean towards having more family-friendly businesses. There is an open car available from JG because they only run 3 full-time cars.

Casey Mears sealed his deal with Hendrick's last weekend. They have 4 drivers and their stable is full. They'll take their chances on Mears developing more and try to reel in the raw talent of Kyle Busch before they jump on the Junior Bandwagon.
went on nascar web page and checked the store for flags and JR motorsports had one there it was not there last week.
JR will drive the #3 Budweiser,Wrangler,GM Goodwrench Chevy in '08 for RCR. Simply put all these companies have millions of $ invested in JR. They know what media and fan frenzy it would cause if JR got in that car full time. JR said when he announced he was leaving DEI that hed have to do some "soul searching" about whether hed be comfortable driving his daddys old number but he never said he wouldnt do it. JR and RC arent stupid they know this is what the fans, the sponsors, the souvenier companies, the TV networks, and if the truth was known NASCAR wants to happen. My guess is it will come to the point where all the companies I mentioned above will basically tell JR and RC both that the only way they will go with JR is if he drives the 3. The only way I see JR not in the 3 car next year is if RC does a number swap with Teresa where she gets the 3 and RC gets the 8. I honestly dont see RC doing that.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Casey Mears sealed his deal with Hendrick's last weekend. They have 4 drivers and their stable is full. They'll take their chances on Mears developing more and try to reel in the raw talent of Kyle Busch before they jump on the Junior Bandwagon.

http://www.thatsracin.com/242/story/4408.html
If anyone started watching the race today, they said it was pretty much confirmed that Jr. will be driving for Joe Gibbs Racing next season. I think it is the best place for him. He and Stewart are friends and Stewart is pretty much the only one that will work with Jr on the track now as drafting partners.
TomSportsHack Wrote:http://www.thatsracin.com/242/story/4408.html

From the article: He (Busch) comes off as arrogant and entitled, and veterans repeatedly gripe Busch never wants to listen to their advice.

I agree that Busch must be a headache to watch. He's 22 and acts like it. He has the best equipment in NASCAR and probably doesn't appreciate it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Junior come to Hendrick if Busch was let go, especially after Junior took a test drive in the #5 a few weeks back just to keep the car from receiving a DNF after Busch prematurely left the track.

Still, RCR will give Junior what he wants in terms of $$$ before Hendrick - Hendrick already has to pay two other guys, Jeff Gordon and some Johnson guy right? I think Mears is safe at Hendrick, especially after his win at Charlotte. His win there displayed loads of patience to win.
SF80 said it right. Numerous inside sources have said that within the next 10-14 days Dale Jr will be driving the Visa car. IDK what number he'll use yet.
i still day RCR or JR motor sports.
I don't know if this was an inside joke or not, but someone mentioned the possibility of JR driving for Michael Waltrip Racing. Next season will be the second season for his team of Toyota's and they really need a high profile name on board.
GRIZZ Wrote:I don't know if this was an inside joke or not, but someone mentioned the possibility of JR driving for Michael Waltrip Racing. Next season will be the second season for his team of Toyota's and they really need a high profile name on board.
it was a joke.
Today on jayski.com, the report was that Junior has signed with either Joe Gibbs with Visa Credit Card as his sponsor or Ginn Racing with Budweiser as his sponsor - depends on which rumor you believe.
rallo316 Wrote:it was a joke.

Glad to hear it, they are having a tough time just qualifying let alone competing.
I have heard that I may be right.

Then again, I have heard that I may be crazy. Big Grin
TomSportsHack Wrote:I have heard that I may be right.

Then again, I have heard that I may be crazy. Big Grin

You are pretty crazy!!! :Clap:

The way Mears has emerged as of late and how Kyle Busch (despite his Top 10 at Dover) has been self-destructing, Junior may land with Hendrick.

My money is still on RCR and Gibbs, depending on the whole Budweiser/Visa sponsorship thing.
Rcr