Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Billy Hicks 14-0 in Sweet 16 first round games.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a too-close-for-comfort 3-point won today, Billy Hicks is now a perfect 14 wins and no loses in Sweet 16 first round games.

For those that are counting, he is 10-3 in the quarter finals.
99.9% thought Trinity vs. Scott County in the finals when they first saw the bracket. I know I did.
Really liked that Corbin team that earned the first win in '91, with Bob Roaden, Brent Barton and Wade Parsons. Wound up losing to eventual champ Fairdale, but man they could shoot the lights out. Think they averaged about 90 points a game.

Congrats to Coach Hicks and Scott Co. on the win yesterday.
Scott Co SHOULD win as much as they do considering their enrollment.

🙄
FoSho Wrote:Scott Co SHOULD win as much as they do considering their enrollment.

🙄
Of course right on que- If the subject is not about how great Boyle Co is everything else is shoulda, woulda, coulda. My how we change tunes, Boyle County had the best team in the state last PRE- SEASON and we where all told didn't matter what class(enrollment) How did that work out?
That was one of my favorite teams too.
rojas Wrote:After a too-close-for-comfort 3-point won today, Billy Hicks is now a perfect 14 wins and no loses in Sweet 16 first round games.

For those that are counting, he is 10-3 in the quarter finals.

How will the opening of a new high school in Scott Co hurt him? He has already proven to be a great coach but I wonder how he will do with less to pick from
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Of course right on que- If the subject is not about how great Boyle Co is everything else is shoulda, woulda, coulda. My how we change tunes, Boyle County had the best team in the state last PRE- SEASON and we where all told didn't matter what class(enrollment) How did that work out?

Yep, is dodge the subject too.

I can guarantee you won't be around the first week of Dec to discuss football.
Billy Hicks is a legend, anyone that doubts his success is a hater. Man has always found a way to win.
FoSho Wrote:Yep, is dodge the subject too.

I can guarantee you won't be around the first week of Dec to discuss football.

You like to name call that's why I wouldn't discuss during the season, but oh ya I was around last year and lord willing will be around this year, I was just sitting back watching you make yourself look foolish. I just don't believe in kicking a man when he is down. I told you what SC was going to do lost a few more than I thought, but still finish were I thought, Boyle on the other hand......- I was laughing every time you would pick(hoping)someone to lose and they didn't. I was very surprised that you even gave the Redhounds a little credit. VERY SURPRISED. So yeah I was around. Basketball season though, so I'm done committing about football on this forum. Good luck to the Rebs later this year.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Billy Hicks is a legend, anyone that doubts his success is a hater. Man has always found a way to win.

Facts!!!!
Hicks is one of the best ever. Always wondered why he didn't coach college. I know he had offers. He is a legend!
watcher Wrote:Hicks is one of the best ever. Always wondered why he didn't coach college. I know he had offers. He is a legend!

Billy actually started his career coaching Limestone College in South Carolina. He decided after one year his calling was high school coaching.

By the way, Most small college head coaching jobs pay much less than high school. For example, a few years ago the head coach at Union College made about 50% of what his wife made teaching at Knox Central.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:You like to name call that's why I wouldn't discuss during the season, but oh ya I was around last year and lord willing will be around this year, I was just sitting back watching you make yourself look foolish. I just don't believe in kicking a man when he is down. I told you what SC was going to do lost a few more than I thought, but still finish were I thought, Boyle on the other hand......- I was laughing every time you would pick(hoping)someone to lose and they didn't. I was very surprised that you even gave the Redhounds a little credit. VERY SURPRISED. So yeah I was around. Basketball season though, so I'm done committing about football on this forum. Good luck to the Rebs later this year.

I don't even know what you're talking about. 🙄
Again...SCOTT COUNTY SHOULD PLAY FOR STATE TITLES IN EVERY SPORT WITH THEIR NUMBERS.

Trinity vs Scott Co is EXACTLY what's wrong with KHSAA Basketball.

I hope they tie.