Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central vs Walton-Verona (Predictions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and predictions? I've seen KC but not seen Walton. Heard they have a few really tall kids.
I have seen Walton-Verona play, but only once. WV has a great big man that can score and block shots. He is about 6'11" tall and when he gets the ball on the block there is nobody in the 13th region that can stop him. He has signed with Xavier.

Walton-Verona's guards can not handle pressure defense. In the game I saw them play Walton Verona was behind 52-12 (yes, you read that right) about 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter because the defense kept pressuring their guards into turnovers.

If I was Knox Central. I would start pressing and trapping Walton Verona when they got off the bus. If Walton Verona gets Knox Central into a half court game they will just feed the big athletic center and Knox Central has no one that can stop him. Oh, by the way, the Panthers better get a butt on him and block him off the boards too. He is a great rebounder as well.
Jason Frakes has Knox ranked 9th out of the 16 teams and WV ranked 5th.
WV has a couple of big guys that are strong. KC has guards that can play with most any team. This, IMO, is strength vs speed. I give my vote to Knox Central.

Go Panthers!!!
Going with Knox Central in this one all 5 players can shoot the ball. Anybody heard anything about Zach Patterson notice he didn’t play in final :Cheerlead

Knox Central 70
Walton- Verona 64
64SUR Wrote:Going with Knox Central in this one all 5 players can shoot the ball. Anybody heard anything about Zach Patterson notice he didn’t play in final :Cheerlead

Knox Central 70
Walton- Verona 64

I totally agree with that, they can score from every spot. And Dane Imel is criminally under appreciated, he keeps their offense humming.
64SUR Wrote:Going with Knox Central in this one all 5 players can shoot the ball. Anybody heard anything about Zach Patterson notice he didn’t play in final :Cheerlead

Knox Central 70
Walton- Verona 64

Patterson is out with a stress fracture.
In my opinion, Knox Central is the only mountain school that has a chance of advancing to the second round and beyond.
Any place to listen online?
ky_boy Wrote:Any place to listen online?

FM 101.1 in Hazard always carries all the games.
I’m hoping Knox doesn’t have a big let down after finally winning region because this is a very winnable game. I’ll say Panthers by 4. Go Knox!
Knox will have to run, run, and run. WV way to big to play half court game against.
ky_boy Wrote:Any place to listen online?

KHSAA live audio-stream link - http://mixlr.com/khsaa/events/
Here's a nice background piece on Walton-Verona's team. "All A" school with multi sport athletes. 1st regional appearance since 1942. Good stuff.

By James Weber of the Cincinnati Enquirer -

www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/03/04/khsaa-sweet-16-walton-verona-campbell-county-covington-catholic-all/3061301002/

Part two of the article is about 10th Region champ Campbell County.