Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 66 Pikeville 61 (15th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats JC for a great win and the 15th Region Champions
How could this happen? Pikeville beat them so bad early in the season. 😲
What a game. Jacob rice SHUT Roberts down completely. Did the same thing to Potter last night. Well deserved win for Tommy and JC. Mckenzie is becoming a all time great in East Ky history. Watkins and the freshman played their heart out for pikeville hats off to them.
Pikeville will still be good next year those 3 freshman are studs and you know they are likely to bring some in some more talent in because well they always do
2000 (Elite 8)
2014 (Elite 8)

JC extended their own record by competing in their 8th straight 15th region championship game.

This one is special cause we all know Mrs. Cathy Gullett would be right there with us tonight.
Sounded like a good game. The Panthers battled back and had a shot in the closing seconds to tie with a 3 but it wouldn't fall.

Congrats to the Eagles and good luck in Rupp...who do they play in the 1st round?
PHSFAN Wrote:Sounded like a good game. The Panthers battled back and had a shot in the closing seconds to tie with a 3 but it wouldn't fall.

Congrats to the Eagles and good luck in Rupp...who do they play in the 1st round?

Think 7th region Trinity or Ballard
JC's all-tournament team.
Cory Vanhoose
Gabe Ferrell
John King
Isaiah May
Jacob Rice - MVP
JC plays Trinity (Louisville) on Wednesday in the morning session.
doubledown Wrote:Think 7th region Trinity or Ballard

Well, I was hoping for a better draw than that for the 15th region.
Good Luck Jc
Incredible run by the Golden Eagles to make it to 8 consecutive regional championship games winning 5. Of course that longevity means there’s a lot of talent in the building but Tommy McKenzie has also separated himself as the premier coach in the region.
Congrats to JC on a big win. They completely turned their season around after getting beat pretty badly by Shelby Valley, Paintsville, and Pikeville earlier in the season. They looked like the 4th best in a 4 horse race but the won when it mattered beating all 3 of those teams in the post season. Super proud of this teams fight.

Also congratulations to Pikeville for another strong season. Coach Justice and his staff are obviously doing a fantastic job preparing their team for a long post season run each year. They have some young talent coming back and will contend again next year.
Congrats to the Eagles and Coach McKenzie for bringing the hardware back to Johnson County that some people didn't give you a snowballs chance in hades of doing! :letspartyr
Congrats to JC...that Rice kid is pretty solid! Best of luck against against the shamrocks. I'll be rooting for the Eagles!!!
People asking how this happen.
I have the answer

Tommy McKenzie vs Elisha Justice
CA3 Wrote:People asking how this happen.
I have the answer

Tommy McKenzie vs Elisha Justice

How what happen? McKenzie now 1-2 vs. Justice in regional finals.
Congrats to JC. Deserved the win because they played the best. I was thinking how impressive 8 finals in a row is, but then started realizing that with a school of their size and the number of kids coming in from the feeder schools they should be in the finals or win it every year.
Schools like Pikeville will always be at a disadvantage because of numbers alone. Pikeville had to play 2-3 freshmen all night. They were 2 players short all year, as some players just never developed liked the coaches had hoped they would.
4everUK Wrote:Congrats to JC. Deserved the win because they played the best. I was thinking how impressive 8 finals in a row is, but then started realizing that with a school of their size and the number of kids coming in from the feeder schools they should be in the finals or win it every year.
Schools like Pikeville will always be at a disadvantage because of numbers alone. Pikeville had to play 2-3 freshmen all night. They were 2 players short all year, as some players just never developed liked the coaches had hoped they would.

Our feeder schools are Johnson County Middle School and our five elementary schools while Pikeville's feeder schools are other surrounding high schools. Where's the advantage?
THOMCAT Wrote:Our feeder schools are Johnson County Middle School and our five elementary schools while Pikeville's feeder schools are other surrounding high schools. Where's the advantage?

Is this a parody account or are you for real?
4everUK Wrote:Congrats to JC. Deserved the win because they played the best. I was thinking how impressive 8 finals in a row is, but then started realizing that with a school of their size and the number of kids coming in from the feeder schools they should be in the finals or win it every year.

Just from what I read on this message board, Pikeville gets players from all of Pike and Floyd County. So Pikeville has a pretty good feeder system theirselves.
jetpilot Wrote:Is this a parody account or are you for real?

No parody account. To my knowledge every single kid attended Johnson County Middle School and all but one attended our elementary schools. He moved into our system in middle school.
I remember a few years back when Belfry middle school football team played Johnson Central they had kids from Johnson Co, Martin Co, Lawrence Co, Floyd Co and Morgan co all on their roster. Pot meet kettle.....
ekywildcat Wrote:Just from what I read on this message board, Pikeville gets players from all of Pike and Floyd County. So Pikeville has a pretty good feeder system theirselves.

4 of pikevilles main contributors are transfers from Floyd county schools. They basically have a Floyd County minor league program. I’m not saying they recruited most of the time the kids just want to play for them but it’s still true. If they were to play with “pikeville” talent alone they wouldn’t be in that game. Everyone does it though, not complaining just not gonna feel sorry for them because JC is bigger. They had more talent that Central they just refused to play either 6’5 kid they had made it a small ballgame and lost
Pikeville doesn't have to recruit.

https://www.schooldigger.com/go/KY/districtrank.aspx
Everyone over 12 already knows this.

For the JC fans people know they get people transferring in to play sports...so please...
Congratulations on a moronic argument to take away from a good win for Johnson Central. Of course JC has an advantage, but I will be the first to say to never class it. Gotta beat whoever is in front of you. Pikeville will be fine moving forward, but would have loved to had seen the first ever 3-peat for PHS. Could be a while before that opportunity arises again.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Congratulations on a moronic argument to take away from a good win for Johnson Central. Of course JC has an advantage, but I will be the first to say to never class it. Gotta beat whoever is in front of you. Pikeville will be fine moving forward, but would have loved to had seen the first ever 3-peat for PHS. Could be a while before that opportunity arises again.

I agree Panther Thunder, what a way to ruin a thread about a great game.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:I agree Panther Thunder, what a way to ruin a thread about a great game.

Still a charge in 98 Wink
Panther Thunder Wrote:Congratulations on a moronic argument to take away from a good win for Johnson Central. Of course JC has an advantage, but I will be the first to say to never class it. Gotta beat whoever is in front of you. Pikeville will be fine moving forward, but would have loved to had seen the first ever 3-peat for PHS. Could be a while before that opportunity arises again.

Let’s all hope so!!!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Still a charge in 98 Wink

Blarge????
Congrats to JC, seemed like they hit every shot. They played lights out and Pikeville still almost came all the way back in the 4th. Congrats to the Panthers on another great season.
Pages: 1 2