Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region Championship: Knox Central 80 North Laurel 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Total domination by the Panthers, congrats Knox. Don't think North got the South win out of their heads and was beat in this game after the first 3 minutes. For sure a disappointing game for a championship (except panther fans).
Agreed, just a total beatdown. Listen, KC has a very solid, balanced team, I think they’ll win their opener vs. Walton-Verona.
Saw this one coming. North Laurel played their best game all year last night and was hungover today.
I'm showing my age. I was at the regional tournament the last time Knox Central went to the Sweet 16 in 1970. The tournament was at Union College. I was 11 years old.
rojas Wrote:I'm showing my age. I was at the regional tournament the last time Knox Central went to the Sweet 16 in 1970. The tournament was at Union College. I was 11 years old.

I’m close to you man. I was seven then, vaguely remember that one, do remember a number of regionals played at Union College.
Congratulations Knox Central :Cheerlead
Congratulations Panthers. This has been one heck of a year for Knox Central. Football team wins its first regional championship and the basketball team wins its first region title in 49 years. Great year for the school.
Awesome year for Knox! It’s just crazy to think it has taken this long to finally get over the hump. Really hope they can go down and win a couple of games at Rupp.
Congratulations, Knox Central!
Van Hagar Wrote:Agreed, just a total beatdown. Listen, KC has a very solid, balanced team, I think they’ll win their opener vs. Walton-Verona.
I have only seen Walton Verona play one time this year. They were behind Scott County 52-12 early in the 3rd quarter. They have a very good big man who is about 6`11`` and can score. However, in the game I watched, their guards wilted under pressure.
rojas Wrote:I'm showing my age. I was at the regional tournament the last time Knox Central went to the Sweet 16 in 1970. The tournament was at Union College. I was 11 years old.

My freshman year in high school, congrats to the Panthers and good luck at the Sweet Sixteen...
I would like to see the tourney played at Union again! Atmosphere would be much better
rojas Wrote:I have only seen Walton Verona play one time this year. They were behind Scott County 52-12 early in the 3rd quarter. They have a very good big man who is about 6`11`` and can score. However, in the game I watched, their guards wilted under pressure.

If they don’t have good guard play I believe Jaylen Adams will dominate. He really took over last night and did as he pleased.
Best wishes and best of luck to Walton Verona in the Sweet Sixteen.
Congratulations Knox Central Panthers glad to see them break through and get to Rupp.

I was 9 that year, I was raised a couple blocks from Union,I have seen countless games there over the years. Only missed 1 Union home game this year. Great place to see a game.
Corbin1980 Wrote:Best wishes and best of luck to Walton Verona in the Sweet Sixteen.
Just another classy post from a Corbinite, what more could you expect. I have been going off and on to the state tournament, boys and girls since 75. I have never went one time and not been for the schools from the 13th region.
Corbin1980 Wrote:Best wishes and best of luck to Walton Verona in the Sweet Sixteen.

They wonder why everyone in that region can't deal with most of them and pull against them in every sport.
Crazy Zebra Wrote:I would like to see the tourney played at Union again! Atmosphere would be much better

Union is too small.
I would love to see the 50th district played at university of the Cumberlands every year.