Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 64 Paintsville 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats Pikeville
Paintsville seemed to be in control but the tide shifted with the technical foul in the 3rd.
Emmit Brown Wrote:Paintsville seemed to be in control but the tide shifted with the technical foul in the 3rd.

Except that Paintsville led at the end of the 3rd and Pikeville won it in the 4th.
Big plays of the game were the samons rebound with 1 min and something to go. Watkins free throws Conner Robert's fouls he drawled. Laithan hall's reb. Near the end of the game.
jetpilot Wrote:Except that Paintsville led at the end of the 3rd and Pikeville won it in the 4th.

Same MO with that bunch all year, it was inevitable what was going to happen.
Mamba Wrote:Big plays of the game were the samons rebound with 1 min and something to go. Watkins free throws Conner Robert's fouls he drawled. Laithan hall's reb. Near the end of the game.

Biggest play in my opinion was T on Williams. I think it was desvered and it changed the game. Also the massive flop by Roberts was big too. Christian Bilter pikeville MVP tonight
You could not be more right about Christian being MVP tonight. He kept the game in reach for pikeville until Roberts and Watkins could find their rhythm.
Congratulations to panthers. Thought the last 45 seconds of first half was big factor in game. Tigers up 10 and don't hold for last shot and Pikeville scores two baskets to cut lead to 6. That and the T both momentum changers in the game.
SouthEast18 Wrote:Biggest play in my opinion was T on Williams. I think it was desvered and it changed the game. Also the massive flop by Roberts was big too. Christian Bilter pikeville MVP tonight
“Flop”=actually a lowered shoulder and legit charge. One of the few fouls that crew got right tonight (both ways).
PHSForever Wrote:“Flop”=actually a lowered shoulder and legit charge. One of the few fouls that crew got right tonight (both ways).
Not taking anything away from pikeville they played great from my angle it was a flop. To Roberts credit when they switched him on Keeton paintsville struggled. Roberts was able to match him physically and did a great job
As talented as Seth Williams is he has let his emotions get out of control in several games this year. It definitely cost them today.
Congratulations to my son-in-law Love ya buddy you are the best Coach in this Region
Although Paintsville lost, the efforts of Braxton Tharp cannot be overlooked. You hear the names Dingess, Fugate, and Keeton thrown around quite often, but never hear mention of Tharp. He had 20+ points if I'm not mistaken in this game. He is a solid player who keeps his head and plays his game. He even tried to calm Williams down after the technical. He definitely left it all on the court tonight.

Hats off to Christian Billiter as well. He kept pushing when Pikeville needed it and was the best player on Pikeville's team tonight. If there was an MVP award, I agree it should go to him this evening.
The technical on the Paintsville player was a big part in the turn around. I would say he has more technicals than any player in Ky this season.
Hats off to Paintsville for a great season Slone is a fine young Coach and he’s going to have plenty of chances to do big things over
Mister D Wrote:As talented as Seth Williams is he has let his emotions get out of control in several games this year. It definitely cost them today.
Blame lies with the coach
The blame always is with the player......

Who in their right mind would think any coach would tell a player to get a "T" after a foul. This was a close game and it may of made the difference in the final outcome.

Seth Williams is a hard playing kid and has let his emotions get him in trouble, but that's not the coach's fault, it's Seth's fault.

Paintsville was in a JUNGLE and ran into a BIGGER BADER CAT last night and got "BUTT HURT". Confusednicker:Confusednicker:: Sorry for them / not really :biglmao::biglmao:

The best team and coach won last night ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar
Way I see Blame
Parents
Player
PHS Staff
Coaching Staff

Each of the past season this player attitude and behavior has gotten worse. So that starts at the home front. Player knows what’s right and wrong but able to get by with it going to keep doing it. Don’t think PHS staff realizes (honestly) how this makes their program looks. Coach he is young probably still little afraid to make decisions but still is a contributing factor.
Had Several people in 15th region can’t get over how this player acts and able to get by with. He may even took a chance away from his teammates playing in Rupp.
Don’t think he goes to school half the time.

Baseball next. PHS should be loaded with talent but hate to see one individual affect the whole team.
Congratulations, JCHS Eagles. Reviewing these games, we believe the 15th Region has an abundance of talent. Riley Sammons, Pikeville High School, is an unbelievably talented freshman...watch this kid become one of the unforgettables!
The Eagle Knows Wrote:The blame always is with the player......

Who in their right mind would think any coach would tell a player to get a "T" after a foul. This was a close game and it may of made the difference in the final outcome.

Seth Williams is a hard playing kid and has let his emotions get him in trouble, but that's not the coach's fault, it's Seth's fault.

Paintsville was in a JUNGLE and ran into a BIGGER BADER CAT last night and got "BUTT HURT". Confusednicker:Confusednicker:: Sorry for them / not really :biglmao::biglmao:

The best team and coach won last night ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar

In the words of a Paintsville fan a few weeks ago... they thought they had a chance to win and once Pikeville got up they got butt hurt 😹
CardinalAlum Wrote:In the words of a Paintsville fan a few weeks ago... they thought they had a chance to win and once Pikeville got up they got butt hurt 😹

All the while your team was sitting at home. Talk when you make it out of the district.
This is not the only time this particular player has had temper tantrums during a game, or problems with authority. Didn't he and the baseball coach have words last season and he left the dugout?

I agree with one of the posters above, this begins at home and he needs a coach that won't put up with crap. Sometimes you just have to say enough is enough and send them home. This type of attitude will spread if it's not corrected.
CardinalAlum Wrote:In the words of a Paintsville fan a few weeks ago... they thought they had a chance to win and once Pikeville got up they got butt hurt 😹

Better than a butt hurt Sheldon Clark fan who resorts to making up lies after losing to Paintsville.
Olderthandirt Wrote:This is not the only time this particular player has had temper tantrums during a game, or problems with authority. Didn't he and the baseball coach have words last season and he left the dugout?

I agree with one of the posters above, this begins at home and he needs a coach that won't put up with crap. Sometimes you just have to say enough is enough and send them home. This type of attitude will spread if it's not corrected.
Exactly what I was saying in an earlier post. The coach has the choice to play kids or not. He is in charge of who is on the floor!