Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott County 58- Henry Clay 38
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SC dominated from the start.
SC out rebounded HC 43-26. Moreno had a double-double with 13 pts and 13 rbs in only 20 minutes. Hamilton came off the bench for SC and had 13 pts and 7 rbs. Long had 11 points. Stewart had 9 points but his biggest contribution was his defense on Warrick.

The difference in the game was the bench play. Scott County had 8 kids with double digit minutes. Henry Clay had 2 kids that played 32 minutes another with 31 minutes and a 4th with 30 minutes. No SC starter played more than 27 minutes. For the last 12 minutes of the game SC played very fresh while HC played very tired. You just can’t play kids 30-32 minutes in the style SC forces you to play.
Another crazy stat is that Henry Clay did not score a field goal the entire second quarter.
These are two of my favorite teams. Congrats to Scott County.
Just read another interesting stat. Henry Clay only lost 3 games after Christmas. All three loses were to Scott County.
Except for Moreno, wonder why Hicks left his starters in up 20 in the last 2-3 minutes, I would have subbed (injurie risk)
This is the 3rd consecutive year SC has won the 11th. The last time a team won 3 consecutive 11th regional titles was when ST Roach was coaching the old Dunbar High School before integration and John F Kennedy was in the white house.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Except for Moreno, wonder why Hicks left his starters in up 20 in the last 2-3 minutes, I would have subbed (injurie risk)

Well, Hicks is a little green and inexperienced. Give him some time and I think he will learn how to manage the game. I think he has potential to be a decent coach.

In all seriousness, the SC starters played between 20-27 minutes. All but two played less than 23 minutes. SC had 8 kids that played double digit minutes. By comparison, Henry Clay had 2 kids that played every second, another that played 31 minutes and a 4th that played 30. That’s why SC was so fresh and HC was so tired the second half.
Actually, there were three subs on the floor the last couple minutes. Harris, Fluker and Hamilton. The only starters on the floor at the end were Covington and Long.
My kid goes to EKU, he went to the games played there. He was blown away by two things—Scott Co.’s relentless defense just coming at you in waves and Moreno’s all-around game, he just couldn’t say enough good things about him.
Van Hagar Wrote:My kid goes to EKU, he went to the games played there. He was blown away by two things—Scott Co.’s relentless defense just coming at you in waves and Moreno’s all-around game, he just couldn’t say enough good things about him.

The thing that fans don't see about Moreno is that he has a perfect 4.0 grade point average and made some ridiculously high score on his ACT test. Top notch kid.