Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott County 56- Frankfort 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Frankfort up by 5 at the half.

Scott County:
Long 14 pts.
Williams 11 pts 5 rbs
Covington 10 pts
Moreno 9 pts 8 rbs
Stewart 8 pts 6 rbs

Frankfort:
Twombly 15 pts
Frank 10 pts 10 rbs 5 assists 4 steals
Austin 7 pts 5 rbs
I knew Frankfort was good, but didn’t know for sure if they was this good only losing by 5 to Scott County :pondering:
Frankfort was up last I looked in the 3rd
Kinda been Scott co mo last part of season. It’s gonna bite them in rear at some point
Frankfort is very athletic. Their perimeter players are quick as cats. Their backup center and point guard were their best players tonight. Both teams played great man to man defense but both teams shot very poorly, SC 34 % F 37%. I think SC’s experience (both players and coach) in big tournament games was the difference in game.
ky playmaker Wrote:Frankfort was up last I looked in the 3rd

Frankfort was up 9 at the half. SC went on a run to start the 3rd. SC went from 5 down to 4 up in a matter of 3 or 4 minutes. The game wasn’t comfortably in SC’s hands until about a minute to play.
I watched this one online. I was a little worried and kept waiting on Scott County to make a run.
My post should have read Frankfort was up 5 at the half.
Westside Wrote:I watched this one online. I was a little worried and kept waiting on Scott County to make a run.

I was highly concerned.
Great game... Scott County's relentless defense just wears on you.
Go Blazers Go Wrote:Great game... Scott County's relentless defense just wears on you.

That's the thing. There will be nights when shots aren't falling. But, defense should be a constant.
Next up for SC will be true test. If they can bounce back and beat HC they should have the confidence to cut them down in Rupp.
The 11th Regional had 6 top 25 teams. Playing @Henry Clay, @Madison Cental, Frankfort and Henry Clay again will be harder than any 4-game stretch in the Sweet 16.
Having seen them play multiple times this year, with Moreno healthy they should win out easily. However, I said the same thing last year and looked what happened. It is very difficult to play at such a high level night in and night out. Anything can happen in that Championship game. Cov. Cath unloaded on them in championship game and C.J. Fredrick put 30+ on an undefeated team.
Officials totally changed the way they were calling from 1st to 2nd half. Hicks constant complaining got in refs heads. For the all time winningest coach he whines like a 2 year old. Point of emphasis this year was on hand checks and 2nd half, the refs called no hand checks on SC. These were 9th region refs who are notorious for their inconsistency.
roundball247 Wrote:Having seen them play multiple times this year, with Moreno healthy they should win out easily. However, I said the same thing last year and looked what happened. It is very difficult to play at such a high level night in and night out. Anything can happen in that Championship game. Cov. Cath unloaded on them in championship game and C.J. Fredrick put 30+ on an undefeated team.

They weren't undeafeated and Cov. Catholic had the better team it wasn't a upset.
Mightyoak Wrote:Officials totally changed the way they were calling from 1st to 2nd half. Hicks constant complaining got in refs heads. For the all time winningest coach he whines like a 2 year old. Point of emphasis this year was on hand checks and 2nd half, the refs called no hand checks on SC. These were 9th region refs who are notorious for their inconsistency.

You must have watched a different game than I if you think SC got the breaks in this one.
Mightyoak Wrote:Officials totally changed the way they were calling from 1st to 2nd half. Hicks constant complaining got in refs heads. For the all time winningest coach he whines like a 2 year old. Point of emphasis this year was on hand checks and 2nd half, the refs called no hand checks on SC. These were 9th region refs who are notorious for their inconsistency.

If Scott County was hand checking it would be first time I seen them. Hicks makes them move there feet and will pull them if they even reach. Now they will body you up and get into your legs, but very rarely hand check. He been whining for 40yrs it must work-lol
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:If Scott County was hand checking it would be first time I seen them. Hicks makes them move there feet and will pull them if they even reach. Now they will body you up and get into your legs, but very rarely hand check. He been whining for 40yrs it must work-lol

I think Hicks has had one technical foul in the last three years, and that was in Indiana.
We played Scott and I don’t remember many hand checks. I do remember them letting them use their body which is totally diff than 13th reffing. Which I ain’t complaining. I like letting them play but it does change things when u ain’t use to it.