Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coaching Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any coaching changes going on now that the season is over for a lot of teams? Any teams expected to be looking for a new coach after the season is completley over?
Hopefully Belfry will be
Lol too soon
Wont be surprised if Smith from Bell and Jones from HC find new homes before the new season.
Clay Co?
Cordia? I wonder if Coach Combs was just there one season. Kevin Spurlock would be a prefect fit there.
I doubt Hager will keep coaching basketball after this season. Too much on his plate with football and baseball. I’m sure FC will be looking
roundball247 Wrote:Wont be surprised if Smith from Bell and Jones from HC find new homes before the new season.

Why would Jones leave HC?
Several factors could contribute to that at this point. RUMORs swirling that there is trouble internally that would make it difficult for him to stay. Who knows if any of it is true. However, if it is, a vacancy there is likely.
Tailback44 Wrote:Cordia? I wonder if Coach Combs was just there one season. Kevin Spurlock would be a prefect fit there.
He has had an issue about "something" at every school he has been. Just think he needs to move on and find something else to do other than coaching. JMO :igiveup:
There may be one in the 15th region that will shock everyone. 🤐
4everUK Wrote:There may be one in the 15th region that will shock everyone. 🤐

Wouldnt happen to be Landon Slone leaving Paintsville for Floyd Central would it?
Frankie smith to belfry
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Frankie smith to belfry

Please NO, if that's the case just keep Mark
Out West Mayfield will be looking for a new HC. Long time cardinal head man Chris Guhy will be retiring after this season but for now he and his Cardinals are still alive
clipperw Wrote:Wouldnt happen to be Landon Slone leaving Paintsville for Floyd Central would it?
Have not heard of that! So to answer you, No.
4everUK Wrote:Have not heard of that! So to answer you, No.

Which one are you talking about? I have heard/read the Slone rumor and the Frankie Smith to Belfry rumor.
Replying to the surprising 15th region coach: Elisha Justice.

Probably looking to move up to college level.
If Justice wanted to get into college coaching he should have stay at Louisville for 4 years and Pitino would have been able to get him on a D1 bench with 1 phone call.
surprised to hear Jones name mentioned at Harlan County
Knott County maybe?
coalminer Wrote:Knott County maybe?

Hopefully if Knott Central does open, it will be due to BB King choosing to leave it, rather than having to leave due to health issues.
Hearing several interesting things in the 15th
Absolutely hopefully BB is Coach for years to come.
CardinalAlum Wrote:Hearing several interesting things in the 15th

Like what?
Hearing several knott players are leaving or quitting.