Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Asbury College Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey you all. I know you deep down do not care. I was just wanting to promote my team a little bit. I play for Asbury College and we recently just has our best season in school history during the 06-07 campaign. We return every play off of last years team, due to the fact that we had no senior or transfers, and from what I hear from the coaches we are preseason Top 25 in the nation. All I am saying is that if you get a little bored one night we would greatly appreciate you all coming out and seeing a game or two. Another score for us is that we are the host for our conference tournament this year, the KIAC tournament. For those of you who do not know where Asbury is located, it is right outside Nicholasville in a town called Wilmore. It takes about 15 minutes from Fayette Mall to actually get to the schools campus.
sweet...could you post some home games, or some games near Pikeville or Wise?
I like how Asbury schedules games against NCAA Divison 1 schools. I do believe last season they played quite a few D1 schools and also got to play at the Dean Dome of Chapel Hill as well as Conseco Fieldhouse where the Pacers play. Hopefully Jordan Noble can get to showcase his talent this upcoming season. I never got to see him play but I did go to school with him for a year and he was one of the nicer people I got to know during college. Glad to see guys like that have success. If he had stayed at ALC, I would think they would be in much better shape.
clipperw Wrote:I like how Asbury schedules games against NCAA Divison 1 schools. I do believe last season they played quite a few D1 schools and also got to play at the Dean Dome of Chapel Hill as well as Conseco Fieldhouse where the Pacers play. Hopefully Jordan Noble can get to showcase his talent this upcoming season. I never got to see him play but I did go to school with him for a year and he was one of the nicer people I got to know during college. Glad to see guys like that have success. If he had stayed at ALC, I would think they would be in much better shape.

Jordan Noble is my roommate Smile ...and you're right, we did play a few D-1s last year: Morehead State, EKU, Coastal Carolina, Charleston Souther, & The Citadel. Our JV team did travel down to Chapel Hill last year and we played UNC's JV team, then they gave us tickets to stay and watch their varsity play Georgia Tech. Also, we did play in Conseco Fieldhouse against IU-East, that was a blast to get to do too. But from the way ALC looks, it would have been better for ALC if Jordan would have stayed, especially since that Waterman kid left.
Classy touch by UNC giving you all tickets. I would think playing higher competition like you do would help out recruiting a great deal. I would think also that gives them a big advantage when recruiting players. I figured Asbury may play UK in an exhibition before long. ALC really screwed up by losing Noble. I think if ALC committed to play competition like Asbury does they may just be able to keep some of that talent around.