Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KY/WV All Star Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know who is playing in this, coaching, etc?
Head CoachTongueete Fraley-Boyd County
Players committed so far:Esther Fleming-Shelby Valley, Amanda Moon-Belfry, Ashley Sumpter-Sheldon Clark

Players are being added daily. There will be 10 total. We approached a couple of local coaches that had great seasons to coach, but they declined due to scheduling/personal conflicts. Coach Fraley is experienced in this type of game and will do a great job putting together a competitive squad. I will add updates as I get them.

Come to the games June 15th & 16th!Big Grin
Thanks for the updates.
Nicole Lutes-Breathitt Co./Alice Lloyd College
Ashley Sexton-Letcher Co. Central/Alice Lloyd College

Roster will be finalized today.
Where are the games and what time Friday and Sat?
Is ratliff from pc playing???
Grand Slam Wrote:Is ratliff from pc playing???

i think she will be at Cumberland that week helping with a basketball camp.
Grand Slam Wrote:Is ratliff from pc playing???

No, Ratliff is not playing. Numerous attempts were made to contact her and phone calls were never returned by Coach Butcher or Haley. I do not know her reasoning and wouldn't care to speculate. Haley is a great player and we would really have liked for her to play. However, she isn't. Best of luck to Haley at Cumberland and Coach Butcher next season.
ballerhasbeen Wrote:Where are the games and what time Friday and Sat?

Friday, June 15th 6:00 Girls 8:00 Boys Logan WV Fieldhouse
Saturday June 16th 6:00 Girls 8:00 Boys East KY Expo Center

Hope to see you there!!!!!
Kendra Badgett-Boyd County
Jamie Baldridge-East Ridge
Megan Hughes-Rowan County
Sarah Sexton-Greenup County

1 spot remains and will be filled tomorrow. I will post the final roster tomorrow night!
How about Fleming from SV? How about the Mosbley girl from Knott Co.
Fleming is already playing-read the thread......
Mosley is an underclassmen......this is seniors only........
http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsportsovertime/h...01222.html

Here is the KY girls all star roster:
Kendra Badgett-Boyd Co.
Jamie Baldridge-East Ridge
Esther Fleming-Shelby Valley
Stephanie Kenley-Fleming Co-Kentucky Christian University
Nicole Lutes-Breathitt Co.-Alice Lloyd College
Amanda Moon-Belfry
Ashley Sexton-Letcher Co. Central-Alice Lloyd College
Sarah Sexton-Greenup Co.
Ashley Sumpter-Sheldon Clark-Berea College
Head Coach-Pete Fraley-Boyd Co.
I heard Esther Feming didn't play in the game at the expo, thought she was going to play.
final WV 114 Ky 56
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:I heard Esther Feming didn't play in the game at the expo, thought she was going to play.

She was a no-show after she had confirmed that she would play. VERY DISAPPOINTING AND A POOR REFLECTION ON HER. The KY Team would have been much stronger if Fleming, Haley Ratliff, and Kendra Carroll would have played. VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THEIR DECISION-MAKING.................Sad
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:She was a no-show after she had confirmed that she would play. VERY DISAPPOINTING AND A POOR REFLECTION ON HER. The KY Team would have been much stronger if Fleming, Haley Ratliff, and Kendra Carroll would have played. VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THEIR DECISION-MAKING.................Sad

That is very negative thing to say about a young girl. :mad: I am sure that Esther never committed to the game. She would have asked her coaches to come and watch her and that never happened. Esther had a great career, and made the decision not to play at the next level. She has been clear to all the allstar games that was put together that she did not want to play in any of them. She made sure that all interested colleges and organizations were contacted by Greg Napier so they would not waste their time on pursuing her . I thought that was a classy thing to do. I guess she has decided to put basketball behind her because she was accepted into the nursing program at Pikeville College. Good luck to an outstanding young lady! Wink
I had spoken to a couple of organizers of this event, and evidently she had committed as jerseys were ordered and they were very upset that she was a no show. As far as the other two girls (Ratliff and Carroll) they had never committed.
esther did not commit to play. if she had she would have played. she is a very honest girl and hardworking one if that.
If she didn't commit, then why was she included in articles about players who had committed, Ratliff and Carroll didn't commit and they were not included, why would reporters (Appalachian News Express, for example) claim that she was on the roster?
Fleming did commit to play. She was put on the phone with one of the organizers in the same room with Coach Napier when he returned the call about her playing. They passed the phone back and forth and she said she would play. I was told she had family members that showed up at the Expo expecting to see her in action.

It's over now and doesn't matter anymore. The bottom line is that the 3 best local seniors chose not to play. Interpret it any way you like. I have my own opinion of all 3, their careers, and what the future will hold for each of them. Only time will tell. Best of luck to all 3!

Next year. don't be surprised when most of the players in the game are strangers from across the state as opposed to many locals kids. That will likey be another complaint thread when the time comes..............
If you heared he say yes then I will believe it. Greg told me hisself right after Bball season that he had to call everyone of the organizations and coaches to let them know that Esther was done. He might of not called that one. I to think it is a shame that the locals did not play. As for EF she is working now and probably didn't have the time.