Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Johnson Central
Prestonsburg

Phelps
Shelby Valley

Floyd Central
Paintsville

Pikeville
Pike Central
Semis. 🔥🔥🔥
If JC & SV win along with two P-Ville's will be huge crowd Friday night at the Expo!
Let the good times roll ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar
Huge upsets would have to happen to prevent an all 57th/59th semifinals. Glad the bracket fell this way, the fans will get a treat that night.
When is the last time a 60th or 58th team was in the finals?
Paintsville, Floyd Central could be the only close game , fist two nights . If Conn has a great game .
Johnson Central - 67
Prestonsburg - 43

Shelby Valley - 65
Phelps - 41

Paintsville - 68
Floyd Central - 52

Pikeville - 63
Pike Central - 46

Semi-Finals

Shelby Valley - 64
Johnson Central - 58

Pikeville - 61
Paintsville - 60

Championship

Shelby Valley - 56
Pikeville - 52
CA3 Wrote:Johnson Central - 67
Prestonsburg - 43

Shelby Valley - 65
Phelps - 41

Paintsville - 68
Floyd Central - 52

Pikeville - 63
Pike Central - 46

Semi-Finals

Shelby Valley - 64
Johnson Central - 58

Pikeville - 61
Paintsville - 60

Championship

Shelby Valley - 56
Pikeville - 52

I agree with all of it except the Championship game Pikeville knows how to win Region Championships SV don’t Pikeville by 4
Paintsville loses to FC

JC wins the 15th
Real Badman Wrote:When is the last time a 60th or 58th team was in the finals?
Lawrence three years ago tecnically. A traditional 58th or 60th- Betsy Layne in 2010.
Central Vs Valley
Pikeville Vs Painstville
That’s gonna be an epic night at the expo. I CANT WAIT
If Potter is left free Valley is unstoppable. Pikeville has seen them several times and should have a game plan for him of they meet again. I look for the champion to be one of these twoo
Valley looks like the team to beat!
Valley 61
Pike 50
In 4 games this year the teams are 2-2 with SV out scoring Pikeville by 3 points all together this is about as even as you can get
Got the draw I had been hoping to see since the beginning of the season. Providing no upsets happen Monday or Tuesday it should be quite the weekend of basketball at the Expo Center.
Semifinals will be exciting, if no upsets happen in the 1st round.
Should be a record crowd Friday night in the Expo!!
Everyone getting excited for Friday night but these teams better worry about winning first round games, I look for at least 1 upset
SV and Pikeville have played great this year however so has JC and Paintsville.

Seth Williams has been struggling his last few games which is unusual for him and is due to explode and have a mind blowing game. He's a warrior

Isaiah May is also due for a big game and when it happens he will burn the house down.

SV and Pikeville both great players too but it's going to be a Johnson County championship game with JC winning by 5 ......:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
The Eagle Knows Wrote:SV and Pikeville have played great this year however so has JC and Paintsville.

Seth Williams has been struggling his last few games which is unusual for him and is due to explode and have a mind blowing game. He's a warrior

Isaiah May is also due for a big game and when it happens he will burn the house down.

SV and Pikeville both great players too but it's going to be a Johnson County championship game with JC winning by 5 ......:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead

Except JC and Paintsville are 0-5 against Pikeville and SV with 19 and 23 losses by JC. Anything can happen just hoping for 57th vs. 59th on Friday and you better get tickets online...
SV beat JC by 2 in the final game of the regular season and Cody Potter played out of his mind, which he does a lot, but it’s hard to beat a team 3 times
[quote=Iknowall]Everyone getting excited for Friday night but these teams better worry about winning first round games, I look for at least 1 upset

Painstville has the toughest 1st round game with Floyd Central. I would’ve loved to have seen Pbrug play North Pburg in the first round
I think the most likely championship matchup will be Round 5 of Valley-Pikeville. But either or both of the Johnson County teams could be there as well. Should be a great tournament.
I could maybe see Brady Conn having a monster game and giving Paintsville a scare or Pburg hanging tough for 3 quarters with JC. But I really don’t see any upsets in the first round.
My quarterfinal predictions:

Johnson Central should take a comfortable lead early on. The final score may be a bit closer if Tommy empties the bench and Prestonsburg maybe makes a run in garbage time. I think Johnson Central wins by 18-25.

Phelps lost to Shelby Valley by 9 earlier this year. I dont know the details about that game. Shelby Valley is a heavy favorite but Phelps could possibly hang around for a little while. In the end though I look for Shelby Valley to win by 20-25.

After losing the District Championship game as well as losing to Floyd Central a few weeks ago, I think the Tigers come out fired up and ready to compete. Floyd Central seems to have gelled under Hager the last few weeks but I think Paintsville wins by 15 or 20.

I look for Pikeville to possibly have a running clock on Pike Central or come very close to it.

I usually love upsets in basketball tournaments but this year I am hoping for none. If the favorites advance to Friday it has the potential to be a great 3 games over two nights.
For SV it boils down to Potter and whether or not you have somebody who is athletic and physical enough to give him trouble and force him away form the bucket. UHA did. Being familiar with him is a huge advantage.
In game one JC leads 48-17 at halftime against Prestonsburg
Go Blazers Go Wrote:For SV it boils down to Potter and whether or not you have somebody who is athletic and physical enough to give him trouble and force him away form the bucket. UHA did. Being familiar with him is a huge advantage.

If you remember that game, Potter was a completely different player from the first half to the second. In the first half, no one from UHA could guard him. He did what he wanted, and his shot was pure.

In the second half, it all changed. Part of it was improved defense, I'm sure. But part of it was also that his shots had no legs, and it seemed everything was hitting the front of the rim. Potter just looked worn out.

Now, that game just happened to be SV's 6th game in 8 days, of which 2 went to overtime. Being worn out is understandable. But Potter is still very thin for his size, and some bulk would help him withstand the physical defense he endures on a nightly basis. Hopefully this offseason he can put on some more muscle to be able to handle that kind of workload, because he will have to carry even more of it for SV next year.
Where can I listen to tonight's Shelby Valley game? Thanks.

Found it 93.1 WDHR
Pages: 1 2