Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Henry Clay 78/ Scott Country 72
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Henry Clay shot the lights out from 3-point line and the free throw line. SC’s pressure didn’t seem to bother Henry Clay tonight. Moreno played about half the game.

Scott County was in deep foul trouble ftom the 2nd quarter on.

The game was played at Henry Clay. The will also host their first game in the regionals.
Henry Clay must have a great team
I watched this one online. Henry Clay is tough to beat at home. We will see how things go in the region.
They have a great shooting team.
With district winners hosting the first rounds of region, the 11th is going to get interesting really quick.
I know it's only his 2nd game back, but Moreno doesn't look remotely close to being ready to play. Not sure how effective he'll be the rest of the way.
Scott Co at Frankfort or Scott Co at Madison Central looking like possible opening round game
Moreno, even at 50% is a big help, as long as you are in a half court game. Tonight was not a half court game.
Leonards_loser Wrote:Scott Co at Frankfort or Scott Co at Madison Central looking like possible opening round game

Or LCA/Dunbar winner?
rojas Wrote:Or LCA/Dunbar winner?

Yep, haven't heard who won that one yet so I didn't include them. Either way its going to be a tough tough road without a healthy Moreno. Scott Co needs to regain that midseason form to help send Billy out on top.
Henry Clay and Scott County could very well play again.
Congrats Henry Clay, I will be making some trips north next week to watch this regional tournament.
Scott Co at Madison Central would be a very interesting game. I thought MC was coming around after wins over Walton-Verona and South Laurel, but they ran into a Covington Catholic that’s playing well.

The 11th looks interesting
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Scott Co at Madison Central would be a very interesting game. I thought MC was coming around after wins over Walton-Verona and South Laurel, but they ran into a Covington Catholic that’s playing well.

The 11th looks interesting

Then CovCath gets beat by beechwood.
Leonards_loser Wrote:Yep, haven't heard who won that one yet so I didn't include them. Either way its going to be a tough tough road without a healthy Moreno. Scott Co needs to regain that midseason form to help send Billy out on top.

When was it announced that it was Hicks last year? IMO if Scott County can get to EKU on that college size court that is a huge advantage for them with there depth and just the way they spread the court. Not good to go into the region losing 2 of there last 3. Henry Clay beat them fair and square. If my memory is correct both Woodford County and Dunbar played Henry Clay tough if they draw either so nothing is a sure thing in the 11th.
What region refs are doing the 11th region tournament? That could prove to be big.
Leonards_loser Wrote:Yep, haven't heard who won that one yet so I didn't include them. Either way its going to be a tough tough road without a healthy Moreno. Scott Co needs to regain that midseason form to help send Billy out on top.

Many, like you, are assuming this is Billy's last year. He hasn't announced anything, except, "I take it one year at a time."
rojas Wrote:Many, like you, are assuming this is Billy's last year. He hasn't announced anything, except, "I take it one year at a time."

Actually he has announced its his last year. He told them while they was at Myrtle Beach. Among plenty of others. He never will make a big public announcement.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Actually he has announced its his last year. He told them while they was at Myrtle Beach. Among plenty of others. He never will make a big public announcement.

He might very well have told them, but that's the first I heard of that and I no several people that went to Myrtle Beach with the team. He was ask about 2 weeks ago on TV and he said "You never no I just take one year at a time."
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:I know it's only his 2nd game back, but Moreno doesn't look remotely close to being ready to play. Not sure how effective he'll be the rest of the way.

Moreno has two consecutive double doubles in the Sweet 16. I’m not sure I agree with your earlier assessment Jaguarhoundbird.