Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 57th Ditrict Final- Johnson Central vs. Paintsville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is everyone's thoughts?
Paintsville will be tough to beat at Paintsville, but I think It’ll be a 4 or 5 point game either way
All we need is Bobby Hackworth officiating.
With this game having so much importance for seeding in the region you just hope for a hard fought, clean game. There was a lot of trash talk and chippyness is both games this year. You can’t afford to let things get out of control and have any supsensions going into the regional tournament.
Tigers by 8
I bet they don’t allow teams to shake hands after game.
Tigers by 1
Budsqueezer Wrote:I bet they don’t allow teams to shake hands after game.

Both teams have a puncher's chance in this game.TongueirateSho
THOMCAT Wrote:What is everyone's thoughts?

Paintsville 58
JC 54
I expect to see a big game from Brady Dingess
Johnson Central 68
Paintsville 60
JC with a running clock, wait, wrong sport. JC by 9. :redboxer: :redboxer: :Cheerlead
Budsqueezer Wrote:I bet they don’t allow teams to shake hands after game.
With that being said. The other night after the JC/MC game. MC coaches were gonna send there boys to the locker room to avoid any chances of a conflict. But, the MC PLAYERS turned around and went to the JC team and shook their hands and showed them respect for a great game.
I have always liked that school and administration. That act that night solidified that in me. Hats off to them ALL.
I hope and pray we see the same thing tonight. Been a GREAT Tourny this far.
Only 1,100 beating hearts are going to be allowed in to the gym tonight.....
Fire/EMS/Police, Coaches, Players, Cheerleaders, Dancers, Media, Tournament staff are all going to be included in the 1,100 person limit. So we are looking at only having about 800-900 total fans in the gym.

The biggest game of the season thus far, being played in the same town where both teams are located..... but being hosted by one of the smallest gym's in the state.
All four 57th district teams get a share of the revenue the tournament generates..... only having 800-900 paying fans admitted tonight as opposed to having 3,000+ like last year.

The KHSAA website says Paintsville's gym has a capacity of 3,000 people. So why are 1,900 people gonna be left out tonight?
^ I wonder who decided to complain about the gym capacity and what not for all this to come about? I heard the fire Marshall received "tips" in an effort to have the venue changed.
Sounds like a ploy to keep the JC fans out.
^ I heard the exact opposite... A ploy to try to get it moved to JC.
^ That could be right too.
Creeker why only 1100 people? Someone posted Paintsville could 3000 and that seems like a lot for that gym.
I don't see anything here that has been complained about for thirty years. The gym is to small for 57th Dist. Tournament. I would go to game tonight if it was at another gym. However, it is not and in 4 years unfortunately it will be right back in this gym again with same complaints being made. Its unfortunate for us fans that would like to attend what should be a good high school basketball game, I don't really care who wins not fan of either but just believe it will be good game, however Paintsville fans and powers that be like it so the rest of us must live with it.
That gym has never had a capacity of 3000. It had a sign hanging over the door for years that the capacity was 1300, and with the remodeling they lost a few seats. I mean lets be honest, Ray Charles could tell you the capacity isn't 3000.

This gym has held the district in the rotation for years on years. It's rich in Basketball tradition and history. To move it for one game is criminal. Yes it's going to be hot. It's going to be loud and the concession prices are going to be high. "L" I remember one year, I think it was 1998, the Prestonsburg gym was forces to stop letting people in due to the crowd. That gym has been mentioned as being a center point of the region and should host it every year. I'm neutral in this game since I have family working at both schools, but stop whining about the size and lack of seats. Go an hour early and plop down somewhere and don't move and enjoy what should be a fun and exciting High School basketball game.
BallFan1952 Wrote:Creeker why only 1100 people? Someone posted Paintsville could 3000 and that seems like a lot for that gym.

I think like Olderthandirt said, no way it holds 3000.
The school directory said Paintsville's gym held 3,000 people earlier this week.

Even with only 1,100 people being admitted that leaves 900 people out and $4,500 in ticket sales.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=3850&d=1550884426]
2000 is a stretch in my mind, even if you included the limited seating on the stage area.
The same people on here complaining about the gym being too small turn right around and complain about the Expo hosting the regional tourney. If the semifinals turn out like many think they will,and depending on the draw, then there’s not one single gym that would be able to handle the turnout for that night. So enjoy your small gym atmosphere tonight.
^ LOL So True!
Paintsville
Micro-Brew Wrote:The same people on here complaining about the gym being too small turn right around and complain about the Expo hosting the regional tourney. If the semifinals turn out like many think they will,and depending on the draw, then there’s not one single gym that would be able to handle the turnout for that night. So enjoy your small gym atmosphere tonight.

Its not the size of the Expo that's the problem.
There are at least 2,000+ in here right now but there are three schools playing tonight, Johnson Central, Paintsville and Prestonsburg.
I count 170 on the stage alone and more just keep coming from behind the corner curtain. There are at least 10 section in the bleachers the size of the stage crowd. That's 1,900 and I'm being conservative.
Pages: 1 2