Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Getting eligible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I’m curious to know what excuse the khsaa commissioner has on not signing a paper after the Frazier kid was ruled eligible by the khsaa judge. He was ruled eligible almost a week ago but the commissioner has 15 days to sign his paper. And this kid is a senior. Sounds like he’s got something against this kid
Who is the Frazier kid
I would say he has more of an axe to grind with Perry Central for all the transfers over the years. Not to mention the Zion Harmon ruling ruined every kids chances this year.
hitter Wrote:I’m curious to know what excuse the khsaa commissioner has on not signing a paper after the Frazier kid was ruled eligible by the khsaa judge. He was ruled eligible almost a week ago but the commissioner has 15 days to sign his paper. And this kid is a senior. Sounds like he’s got something against this kid
Maybe he is sick of the PCC transfer train
Lord he needs to hurry up and sign that paper. Perry might have to play with 2-3 “Perry county kids” on the floor at the same time & we can’t have that. Lol
Reed, Turner, & Williams aren’t enough need 1 more. It’s really getting sad that a school that size has come to having to play 3-4 recruits to try to win the weakest 14th region tournament in the last 20 years. So much for player development.
Hazard gets a kid from buckhorn and he gets eligible in two weeks. Knott gets a transfer from Leslie and he gets eligible in two weeks. Perry gets a transfer from cordia and he can’t get eligible for 8 months and when the khsaa judge ruled him eligible the commissioner won’t sign. A girl transfers from south laurel to clay county two weeks ago and she got a hearing today. Does this seem a little odd?
There is no consistency with the khsaa when it comes to eligibility. I would suggest every kid gets one, and only one transfer. No 2nd transfers for any reason.
Bennett transferred last year, not this year which made him eligible at Hazard. Cameron Turner transferred MID YEAR to PERRY and got eligible within ONE week. Then Duff transfers this year to PERRY and INSTANTLY eligible with no questions asked. Then Deandre transfers from Cordia to a prep school, then from a prep school to PERRY and gets eligible. Then Marquis transfers from Cordia to a Louisville school then back to Perry and you are complaining that Marquis not getting eligible but you got 4 others kids eligible in two years. But Hazard can’t get Hailey Mullins eligible in one year. So poor poor Perry!
I Bennett transferred over the summer to hazard. Turner and duff both got signed off on which made them automatically eligible. Deandre played his freshman year at cordia then went to a New Jersey prep school his sophomore year and then to perry fro his junior year so unless he’s driving from New Jersey to perry central every day that would be a legal address change and marquis had a guardian change and a legal move but all that doesn’t really matter because he was ruled eligible by a khsaa judge. The question was why would it take 15 days for a commissioner to sign his name? He needs to do his job and not make a senior that has been ruled eligible and sign and let him play. And by the way i think the Mullins girl should be able to play
basketballx2 Wrote:Bennett transferred last year, not this year which made him eligible at Hazard. Cameron Turner transferred MID YEAR to PERRY and got eligible within ONE week. Then Duff transfers this year to PERRY and INSTANTLY eligible with no questions asked. Then Deandre transfers from Cordia to a prep school, then from a prep school to PERRY and gets eligible. Then Marquis transfers from Cordia to a Louisville school then back to Perry and you are complaining that Marquis not getting eligible but you got 4 others kids eligible in two years. But Hazard can’t get Hailey Mullins eligible in one year. So poor poor Perry!

I'll answer to some of these.
Camron Turner transferred last year and the folks over at Jackson City signed off on the transfer so it wasn't contested. Don't know the exact stipulation, but it was similar to the Sydni Hall deal when transferring to South Laurel. Perry didn't really push back and left it at that.

Don't know the Duff situation.

But saying D'andre transferred and "gets eligible" is a little misleading. Reed transferred from a school in Georgia and actually had to wait until his year of ineligibility ran out. Reed had to sit out a year of varsity sports.

Reed and Frazier transferred to Perry over the summer. Frazier has been in this standoff for a while.

I understand the 15-day waiting period and why its there, but Frazier's process has been slow. Took forever to get an initial ruling, took forever to get a hearing, took a while to get a recommendation from the hearing, and now it looks like Tackett is taking his sweet time signing off. Everyone can crack jokes about how many transfers Perry gets and the KHSAA being tired of it... but the fact remains that each case should stand on its own. Frazier's transfer was ruled legit after the hearing and if no one has any earth-shaking evidence to the contrary, they should go ahead and sign off. Camron Turner and Jaylin Williams should have ZERO bearing on Frazier's due process.
hitter Wrote:I Bennett transferred over the summer to hazard. Turner and duff both got signed off on which made them automatically eligible. Deandre played his freshman year at cordia then went to a New Jersey prep school his sophomore year and then to perry fro his junior year so unless he’s driving from New Jersey to perry central every day that would be a legal address change and marquis had a guardian change and a legal move but all that doesn’t really matter because he was ruled eligible by a khsaa judge. The question was why would it take 15 days for a commissioner to sign his name? He needs to do his job and not make a senior that has been ruled eligible and sign and let him play. And by the way i think the Mullins girl should be able to play

The 15 days is supposed to be there in case someone contests something from the hearing and wants to submit evidence I believe.

Both parties, Perry and Knott in this case, could sign off to waive the waiting period. But it's my understanding Knott will not sign the waiver.
hitter Wrote:I Bennett transferred over the summer to hazard. Turner and duff both got signed off on which made them automatically eligible. Deandre played his freshman year at cordia then went to a New Jersey prep school his sophomore year and then to perry fro his junior year so unless he’s driving from New Jersey to perry central every day that would be a legal address change and marquis had a guardian change and a legal move but all that doesn’t really matter because he was ruled eligible by a khsaa judge. The question was why would it take 15 days for a commissioner to sign his name? He needs to do his job and not make a senior that has been ruled eligible and sign and let him play. And by the way i think the Mullins girl should be able to play

I’m not sure where you heard Bennett enrolled in the summer but he was enrolled before school had ended.

Sounds like your coach or “guardian” would have told him the likelihood of him NOT getting eligible. I don’t find anyone responsible for that except Hoskins and juice. They are the ones who did the poor boy wrong. Nobody was looking out for that kid, everyone involved was only doing what would benefit them. They want him eligible NOW because of tournament time. Perhaps earlier in the year they should have been fighting for his eligibility until waiting til December to file the paperwork. Perry always brings in players at the end of the season then gets upset when they don’t suddenly become eligible. Not the commissioners fault the kid has missed his entire senior year but rather those that are “responsible” for him. Seems they are the ones who wasn’t looking out for his best interest.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'll answer to some of these.
Camron Turner transferred last year and the folks over at Jackson City signed off on the transfer so it wasn't contested. Don't know the exact stipulation, but it was similar to the Sydni Hall deal when transferring to South Laurel. Perry didn't really push back and left it at that.

Don't know the Duff situation.

But saying D'andre transferred and "gets eligible" is a little misleading. Reed transferred from a school in Georgia and actually had to wait until his year of ineligibility ran out. Reed had to sit out a year of varsity sports.

Reed and Frazier transferred to Perry over the summer. Frazier has been in this standoff for a while.

I understand the 15-day waiting period and why its there, but Frazier's process has been slow. Took forever to get an initial ruling, took forever to get a hearing, took a while to get a recommendation from the hearing, and now it looks like Tackett is taking his sweet time signing off. Everyone can crack jokes about how many transfers Perry gets and the KHSAA being tired of it... but the fact remains that each case should stand on its own. Frazier's transfer was ruled legit after the hearing and if no one has any earth-shaking evidence to the contrary, they should go ahead and sign off. Camron Turner and Jaylin Williams should have ZERO bearing on Frazier's due process.

Oh but they do have evidence ;-)
Zaga
The funny thing is every Perry transfer always has a “special” case that should be ruled in their favor. Let’s not forget the 2 boys that just so happened to leave June B and end up at Perry. Boy that was lucky for Perry. It’s a joke that Perry can’t win without 2-3 transfers on the floor. I just don’t see the fun in watching these kids play for 2-3 weeks and hope they can win you a regional title.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Zaga
The funny thing is every Perry transfer always has a “special” case that should be ruled in their favor. Let’s not forget the 2 boys that just so happened to leave June B and end up at Perry. Boy that was lucky for Perry. It’s a joke that Perry can’t win without 2-3 transfers on the floor. I just don’t see the fun in watching these kids play for 2-3 weeks and hope they can win you a regional title.

Completely agree. It’s sad for the kids. They are being used.
Zag and hitter are perry guys. Which is fine. But if it were any other school, they would both be up in arms.
basketballx2 Wrote:Oh but they do have evidence ;-)

I don't have dog in this fight but fact is Perry is the largest school in region practically everyone on here is anti-Perry practically every kid that transferred in the region but the Frazier kid was ruled eligible immediately the other kids at Perry did not go thru the appeal process they gained eligibility by either their school signing off or the time process allowing them to play. It is clear the commissioner is succumbing to political pressure from rival school administrations he should do his job and take the politics out of it. That is what the hearing officer position is for to take the politics out of the commissioner's job. Whether you like Perry and their administration should not play a part in decision making that is why we have the rule of law. I think the commissioner's political games and the conduct of the Khsaa is liable to be an issue in the upcoming governor's race and it probably should be.
Easy Wind Wrote:Zag and hitter are perry guys. Which is fine. But if it were any other school, they would both be up in arms.

C'mon now...
I had my days as a homer, but if anyone actually reads anything I have to say on here they would see I'm pretty reasonable about it regardless of the situation.

The only thing I've said about this is the KHSAA has taken a lot of time for Frazier. Have they taken more than they're allowed? No. They are within their rights to run everything down to the last possible day. It sucks if you're the kid, but they aren't doing anything wrong. Does anyone disagree with me and think the KHSAA is doing this swiftly?

Someone mentioned earlier the paperwork getting turned in late. That's honestly the single-biggest issue here. Marquis was at Perry since the school year started and Mullins transferred from Leslie in December. Both their hearings were Jan. 31. It seems to me that one moved a lot faster, but they didn't get the result they wanted.
basketballx2 Wrote:Oh but they do have evidence ;-)

If there were any evidence anyone was willing to supply, it would have come up in the hearing.

I've been surprised before, before I can't even name a single situation where the commissioner didn't go by the hearing recommendation.

I'd love to hear about any juicy evidence of wrongdoing! Let us in on it, man.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Zaga

What special case is anyone asking for here?
The committee already said this was legit.

You bring up the June Buchanan kids, but the funny thing about that one is the transfer to Perry was never in question. The only reason they held up those kids is because June Buchanan fudged their paperwork and the KHSAA didn't seem to care about it.

The real tragedy here is that JBS was allowed to pass off two kids named Idris Akinyemi and Princewil Anosike as players who were NOT foreign transfers lol
But I see everyone is all salty about everything I say in this one so I'll let you guys have your echo chamber back and enjoy my day off Wink
basketballx2 Wrote:Sounds like your coach or “guardian” would have told him the likelihood of him NOT getting eligible. I don’t find anyone responsible for that except Hoskins and juice. They are the ones who did the poor boy wrong. Nobody was looking out for that kid, everyone involved was only doing what would benefit them. They want him eligible NOW because of tournament time. Perhaps earlier in the year they should have been fighting for his eligibility until waiting til December to file the paperwork. Perry always brings in players at the end of the season then gets upset when they don’t suddenly become eligible. Not the commissioners fault the kid has missed his entire senior year but rather those that are “responsible” for him. Seems they are the ones who wasn’t looking out for his best interest.

This kid has been trying to get eligible for 8 months. He was enrolled at Perry since June. I guess 8 months is not enough time to bring new evidence so the commissioner needs a little extra time. lol.
[quote=hitter]I Bennett transferred over the summer to hazard. Turner and duff both got signed off on which made them automatically eligible. Deandre played his freshman year at cordia then went to a New Jersey prep school his sophomore year and then to perry fro his junior year so unless he’s driving from New Jersey to perry central every day that would be a legal address change and marquis had a guardian change and a legal move but all that doesn’t really matter because he was ruled eligible by a khsaa judge. The question was why would it take 15 days for a commissioner to sign his name? He needs to do his job and not make a senior that has been ruled eligible and sign and let him play. And by the way i think the Mullins girl should be able to play[/QUOTE
The only way the eligibility form doesn’t have to go to Khsaa is if the kid has never played in a varsity game after being in grade 9 and above or not participated in varsity for one full year. Schools can’t just sign off or not contest. Bylaws must be followed no matter what.
hitter Wrote:Hazard gets a kid from buckhorn and he gets eligible in two weeks. Knott gets a transfer from Leslie and he gets eligible in two weeks. Perry gets a transfer from cordia and he can’t get eligible for 8 months and when the khsaa judge ruled him eligible the commissioner won’t sign. A girl transfers from south laurel to clay county two weeks ago and she got a hearing today. Does this seem a little odd?
The day after Clay loses and is done for the year! :biglmao:
JOBAKKA Wrote:Maybe he is sick of the PCC transfer train

They don’t seem to be sick of knotts
hitter Wrote:This kid has been trying to get eligible for 8 months. He was enrolled at Perry since June. I guess 8 months is not enough time to bring new evidence so the commissioner needs a little extra time. lol.

If Perry didn’t file his eligibility until December that is 100% their fault not sure if that is true but why would they do that? I believe a KRS law says that no ruling can be made until 15 days after judges recommendation so that would be state law not KHSAA. With that said the judge just makes a recommendation he cannot rule him eligible. The commissioner is the only one that can do that. If this kid did actually enroll in June if eligibility would have been sent in then this would have all been over in July-August. Sad if true.
It seems like everyone is a "homer" when it comes to transfers. Yes, Perry Central has had several transfers over the years, but how about Cordia who has had entire teams made up of transfers. Cordia claims it is saving these kids, but why is every kid they save a basketball player? Perry did push back on Hall, but her dad had too much inside info on the program for them to continue the fight. Mullins left a school after the season started to transfer to another school inside the same district while living in the area of a third team. My biggest complaint is the lack of consistency within the KHSAA. Of course, you have to compare apples to apples. Bennett (Buckhorn to Hazard) and Turner (Jackson City to Perry) don't apply because their schools signed off on the transfers. Some of the others had never played varsity basketball. Reed sat out a full year of varsity sports. It seems most people only have a problem if another team out-recruits them.
1. Cordia should have just became a prep school. Perry has recruited for years just like everyone else.

2. The coach was behind the hall kids transfer. Reason she transferred and the person who put in against her. Rumor has it he’s been told to retire. Money unaccounted for. Seems to be a common issue with a lot of sports programs nowadays.

3 if it’s extreme circumstances I can see a mid year transfer but I’m sure they scrutinized it more so, if both schools aren’t in agreement.

4. How do you pick and choose as a sending school who you sign off on and who you don’t? Shouldn’t everyone have a consistent policy. Seems that kids who they feel can’t compete aren’t treated the same as the kids who can.

5. If you sit a year you should be good to go immediately.

When you look at the KHSAA rulings it’s hard to understand how they come to their conclusions at times. But without being at the hearings it’s hard to know what info they had to consider.
Passtheball Wrote:1. Cordia should have just became a prep school.

I get the feeling the only way Cordia stays open is if a judge can make Knott pay the bills.
Pages: 1 2 3 4