Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I usually don’t get on here much for baseball season but decided to give it a go. Powell lost 5 last year- Jeremiah Creech, Drew Ginter, Colin Hale, Taylor Kennon, and Jared Profit. Definitely some talented players. However, I do think Powell still has a pretty solid group of guys this year.

The season is right around the corner and I would like to hear thoughts or predictions on Powell’s team this year. As always though, Go Pirates!TongueirateSho
Should come down to Estill and Powell for the district. Both teams will be hard outs in the region.
With Skidmore on the mound, they will be tough, but they lost too much. Estill is DEEEEEEP. They started 1 senior last year, and may not start any this year. Estill has won 3 districts in a row now and I don't see that letting up anytime soon. But again, Powell will be a tough and capable opponent for ANYONE in the region if Skidmore kid is on on the mound.
Powell has a bunch of good solid players in Skidmore, Poe, Clark, Ware, and Merion. They also have a really good pitcher returning off an injury in Jon Brooks. Look for Estill to be the favorite, but don’t be surprised if you see the pirates holding the 56th district championship trophy!